ADVERTISEMENT

They're jumping all over Joe Manchin

Kate Branson

Silver Buffalo
Dec 16, 2020
On the radio, yahoo, everywhere you look it's all blame on Joe Manchin for stopping Biden's plan. It's something to see. West Virginia in the way of what the rest of America wanted.

It's all right with me, but likely just delaying the inevitable. He's fighting the good fight though. Knowing if he voted for this, his goose would be cooked because it's anti-coal. It's all about the coal, and nobody who writes these articles seems smart enough to even think about that.

Bernie Sanders crying. Other kooks who just think West Virginians want to sit at home and draw checks while they watch the coal industry get shut all the way down.

Reactions: i am herdman
On the radio, yahoo, everywhere you look it's all blame on Joe Manchin for stopping Biden's plan. It's something to see. West Virginia in the way of what the rest of America wanted.

It's all right with me, but likely just delaying the inevitable. He's fighting the good fight though. Knowing if he voted for this, his goose would be cooked because it's anti-coal. It's all about the coal, and nobody who writes these articles seems smart enough to even think about that.

Bernie Sanders crying. Other kooks who just think West Virginians want to sit at home and draw checks while they watch the coal industry get shut all the way down.
Manchin isn’t elected by the rest of the country. Most Americans can’t specifically name anything in the bill. The libs on this board can’t either without having to quickly google it to get talking points to act like they’ve known all along.

Biden: 220,000 Americans dead. If you hear nothing else I say tonight, hear this. Anyone who is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as the President of the United States.

More giveaways, but with environmental requirements in it.

If Biden would just back off on shutting down the coal, he could get Manchin to sign on for the giveaways. The Democrats are blowing it with wind power. Blowing it with dumb environmental stuff that's nowhere near feasible.

Biden's blowing it and paving the way to be voted out with high gas prices and withholding more welfare payments over stupidity.

Good for Joe. Hang in there.

Tell em to kiss your ass

Don't cave Joe

AOC sure is angry with Manchin She just claimed she represents more people than he does. Guess we can add math skills to the long list of her short comings.

Last edited:
Don't disagree with his decision, but the way he delivered it....on national TV? If he didn't deliver the message to the white house before going on Fox, then he probably deserves some criticism.

All Biden would have to do is deliver the whole rest of the bill without the part about shutting down coal and then Manchin would deliver his approval.

Seems like blowing a giant bill over very small potatoes. Not wise.

AOC sure I’d angry with Manchin She just claimed she represents more people than he does. Guess we can add math skills to the long list of her short comings.

Chick is such a goddam, Bimbo. If this was such a hugely popular agenda. Then they can pass it anytime right? Why is it so important to get it done now?

Because they know it's not popular. Any disparity in Congress will shoot down this bill. They want to use the time to jam down their bad, unpopular agenda while they have a chance. Just like they did with Obama care.

Sorry Ditzy, it's not going to work! Take that back to your NY-14 with a 650k population.

There are things in BBB that are actually needed. Overall, in terms of selling it, worst sales pitch ever (It CoStS zERo). The messaging, or lack of knowledge about it by the Democrats, it’s to blame for this not passing. I actually thought Bernie’s initial approach on how he was pitching it was effective. But then he went & wrote an op-ed to the Gazette that only entrenched opposition.

Knowing if he voted for this, his goose would be cooked because it's anti-coal. It's all about the coal, and nobody who writes these articles seems smart enough to even think about that.
Coal has been dead for 20 years, only the obtuse are just now figuring it out. One could argue WV has been dead for just as long. It's not just mining, look at all the jobs gone since about 1980 in steel, chemicals, glass, etc.

Manchin's goose ain't cooked either way. Dude is worth millions. God knows how much his daughter stole from people who need epipens. He'll be fine.
Other kooks who just think West Virginians want to sit at home and draw checks while they watch the coal industry get shut all the way down.
Coal mining is less than 2% of jobs in WV. In 2020 there were about 11,500 coal mining jobs in WV...the same as when Trump won and said he would put them all back to work, what a liar (and what rubes to believe him). Hillary wanted to train out of work miners for other jobs, maybe give them what they need to move to where the jobs are and get one...the jobs sure as shit are not in WV and never will be.

Still yet, that's why Manchin is not voting for it.

All Biden would have to do is ease off on the anti-coal parts and Manchin would be on board. Biden is going to blow this on environmental wacko stuff.

Going to be blown. Build Back Better blown on piddly environmental stuff that counts for nothing. Just scratch it off the sheet and get the welfare rolling.

Still yet, that's why Manchin is not voting for it.

All Biden would have to do is ease off on the anti-coal parts and Manchin would be on board. Biden is going to blow this on environmental wacko stuff.

Going to be blown. Build Back Better blown on piddly environmental stuff that counts for nothing. Just scratch it off the sheet and get the welfare rolling.
New info points to some feud between Manchin and the white house staff.

Manchin blames White House staff for breakdown in talks over Biden spending bill
Manchin said he would not say "the real reason" talks failed.

But when asked what that was, he said: "The bottom line is ... it's staff. It's staff purely. ... It's not the president. it's staff. And they drove some things and put some things out that were absolutely inexcusable."

Maybe it is, but not in the minds of West Virginians. Not even in my mind.

Manchin is just making shit up and not saying flat out that he's for polluting the earth with as much coal and natural gas as West Virginia can sell.

He votes for this thing, whoever runs against him next time says "Manchin shut down all our coal mines" and he's out. Whether it's already dead or not, this whole thing is about the spirit of everything anyway. It's all laundry.

People really already have all the coal, have all the welfare.

Biden is losing it though by being too big of a tree hugger. All he would have to do is cut that out and he would be a hero building back better. As it stands, the thing is canceled and despair is everywhere. It's all a big show, but that's the show. Biden's blowing the show. West Virginia is in his way.

Manchin isn’t elected by the rest of the country. Most Americans can’t specifically name anything in the bill. The libs on this board can’t either without having to quickly google it to get talking points to act like they’ve known all along.
You're an idiot

Chick is such a goddam, Bimbo. If this was such a hugely popular agenda. Then they can pass it anytime right? Why is it so important to get it done now?

Because they know it's not popular. Any disparity in Congress will shoot down this bill. They want to use the time to jam down their bad, unpopular agenda while they have a chance. Just like they did with Obama care.

Sorry Ditzy, it's not going to work! Take that back to your NY-14 with a 650k population.
Another idiot^^

Great tits though.

Reactions: wally2023
Hillary wanted to train out of work miners for other jobs

Do you really believe that???

And who put them out of work to begin with???

Remember, Hillary also isn't responsible for every under-capitalized business in the United States...

"I can't be responsible for every undercapitalized entrepreneur in America," Mrs. Clinton said in 1993, responding to charges that her plan would bankrupt businesses and cut employment. Destroy a job through excessive health mandates, she was told, and employees will go from having no health insurance to having no health insurance and no jobs.

the jobs sure as shit are not in WV and never will be.

You sure about that??? I warn people about using absolutes such as always or never. Those can paint you into a corner...

Actually been working with some people looking at re-opening WV mines and doing some methane capture to make them more economically and environmentally feasible.

Also working on some industrial projects for brownfield properties that have some excellent potential for job creation.

Coal is as dead as punk rock.

You sure about that too??? While production and employment will likely never approach their previous levels we have seen recent increases in both demand and price.

"We expect coal production to rise by 48 million short tons (MMst), or 9%, in 2021 and by an additional 38 MMst (6%) in 2022. The increase in production reflects more demand and higher prices for coal in the electric power sector because of higher natural gas prices this year compared with last year."

I listened to some liberal radio show out of Chicago the other day. People in Minnesota really freaking out about how warm it was.

"We don't have until 2050," they said. Acted like the sun was going to blow up. These people really believe that global warming will kill them. Like the fake bird flu, they are caught in yet another ruse.

I wouldn't care if it didn't cost me money, but it will and does. Still, in the end I just have to suck it up and pay whatever the price is for living among the duped.

Still, in the end I just have to suck it up and pay whatever the price is for living among the duped.
Kind of reminds me of an old history professor I once knew. He would always say that ninety-eight percent of humanity lived in breathless anticipation of what the other two percent would do for them (or to them). Most people are totally clueless.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Machin is pissed off not only over coal but
Joe Mush ****ing up Afghanistan. Thays when it started. He knew he couldn't totally side with Mush because true West Virginia's won't go for that shit.

Do you really believe that???
Yes. If people would have taken advantage of it is another story.
You sure about that???
Absolutely, in any traditional sense. Same goes for much of small town America. There is zero political will to actually cut off the cheap imports.
Actually been working with some people looking at re-opening WV mines
Well unless you re-open enough to employ 25k people it's a big fat zero for the future of the coal fields.

You ever see a picture of Logan in the 1950s? It ain't coming back.
Also working on some industrial projects for brownfield properties that have some excellent potential for job creation.
I've heard enough of that over the years to not hold my breath. "MTR will make flat land for development!" Well where the fvck is the development?
You sure about that too???

CBS PROMOTE THE CLASH, BUT IT AIN'T FOR REVOLUTION IT'S JUST FOR CASH.

Well unless you re-open enough to employ 25k people it's a big fat zero for the future of the coal fields.

So, if 10k well paying jobs are created in the coal fields it will be a big fat zero?

You ever see a picture of Logan in the 1950s? It ain't coming back.

And no one ever said it would or that that is the goal. The goal is to stem the economic damage to the coal fields and try to develop some positive momentum going forward.

Like your pessimism, optimism can be contagious. It takes vision, commitment and hard work. I'm working virtually every day, on my dime and contributing my time, to try to make some of these things happen. I don't suffer naysayers gladly. Anyone can be a critic but few want to be a doer.

One of our recent successes is the expansion of a manufacturing facility in one of the poorest Eastern KY counties. $30 million in annual sales, 60 full-time jobs at the plant, plus truck drivers, plus local material suppliers, plus property taxes, etc. Should we have just taken your advice and given up instead?

And we didn't make this happen because of governmental help. We made this happen in spite of the government...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT