ADVERTISEMENT

This game is why Marshall gets no respect

herdinmichigan

Bronze Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2007
Our head coach and OC play like bitches. Scared to death to let the players they recurited play Legg holds and handcuffs this Offense so much it's sad. And when the people calling the game dog your Qb and question your play calling that should tell you as fans something.

Yes, Kaitlyn Jenner has more balls than this staff! Screw all you KoolAid drinkers by telling me a W is a W. This W should have been by 20 or more. We started trying to kill the clock at the 12:30 mark. We quit playing and we could have killed this team. After all their crap and them running the score up 60-6 last year, and we are afraid to make a statement? BS! They need to go now more than ever!

Yes, Kaitlyn Jenner has more balls than this staff! Screw all you KoolAid drinkers by telling me a W is a W. This W should have been by 20 or more. We started trying to kill the clock at the 12:30 mark. We quit playing and we could have killed this team. After all their crap and them running the score up 60-6 last year, and we are afraid to make a statement? BS! They need to go now more than ever!

W is a W

Reactions: The Real SamC
HHF-SLTX you going to be at the game next week? Comimg in from houston staying in the riverwalk holiday inn.

Unfortunately no. As matter of fact, I moved back to Ohio in December 2010 when my job was going to require international travel and some lengthy stays away from home. I kept an office in Sugar Land and travel to Houston about one week out of eight. I was in Houston and San Antonio last week.

You are correct. And a terrible staff is a terrible staff. Put the Koolaid down and realize our wins are because we are much better athletically. Our staff handcuffs our kids. Our staff does not get the most out of them or put them in the best position to succeed.

That WKU team last night was devastated with injuries. They were a weak team. They also kicked the shit out of us and embarrassed us last year.....remember that? We had the chance to step on their throats and return the favor. Our kids even understood that. Heck, I thought they played a very good 2nd and 3rd quarter. There was even some better offensive play calling (better, not great....whole different thread) during that stretch. However, we quit playing in the 4th. After we get the ball with 13:40 left in the game......................we run three straight dives........focusing more on killing our established tempo and running as much of the play clock as we can. We had moved the ball at will in most of the 3rd quarter, they were tired and injured. They came off a score.....so we help them continue the momentum swing in their favor. THIS is why we lose games we shouldn't. It almost cost us again at home last night. This is why "better coached" teams almost always beat us. This is why we always struggle with WKU. We do this why? We do this knowing we have struggled with this team. We do this after they embarrassed us 60-6?

Heck, this is the time in the games where good teams answer, not go hide in a shell. We could have, and should have scored at least 2 more TDs from this point forward. The game last night should have been no closer than 44-16. Instead, we took it down to the wire. Why? Answer is simple....COACHING! This example is why Marshall is not 9-1 at this point in the season. We should be there. We are not because of our Staff, not our players. This will continue as long as they are in place. So enjoy your "W is a W", and continue to accept those losses that never should happen. These are the examples that keep us from doing what we are capable of! Heck, even the players realized it last night.

Our head coach and OC play like bitches. Scared to death to let the players they recurited play Legg holds and handcuffs this Offense so much it's sad. And when the people calling the game dog your Qb and question your play calling that should tell you as fans something.
I posted this several weeks ago. Yes, as a matter of fact they are scared to death. One, they know they have to win to keep there jobs because when the Gov wants you fired it changes things. Two, Chase Litton can go into an int spree at any given moment so to keep that from taking place they conserve the play calling.

Remember Litton cost us last weeks game with mistakes. Hopefully Litton continues to improve.

Last edited:
W is a W.

Marshall won against a conference foe we have never beaten before, will have a winning season, and has two winnable games remaining, plus a bowl. We are not going to win the conference (of course if we were in a conference we won all the time, like our MAC era, the same voices would have something negative to say about that).

Oh, we did not win by enough. Boo, hoo.

Oh, the team we beat is not anything. Boo, hoo.

Next, you all can move on to complaining about ticket prices, TV channels, bathroom cleanliness, beer prices, that the ESPN bowl games don't really count, and that we should have Alabama home and home.

Obviously, this just is not for you. Nothing that happens is good enough for you. That is fine. Move on. If you want to stay in football, be a Bammer, that is easy; or drink the Buckeye Kool-Aid and pretend it is still 1975 and the Big 10 still matters; or follow Big Blue which is two crappy last series from being 9-1 and next week Georgia game being for the division in what is not even their best sport; or bandwagon on Big Miami, Notre Dame, USC, or whoever. Move on. You could become a Spamie. They are the exact opposite of us, an incomplete team with an obviously slow-witted coach eking out victories between it fellow field fillers in a conference that plays a parody of football and these geniuses think they are going to the Rose Bowl and their random set of cast off players are all winning the Heisman.

This is just not for you. Move on. Find something else to do on Saturdays. Mow your lawn, play with your dog, read a book. Herd football, WINNING Herd football is just not your thing. Move on.

We will be right here for years to come. Go Herd.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
While I enjoy winning as much as the next guy, and i respect the job Doc has done after the Snyder debacle, we do play "not to lose" way too often... Last night was just the most recent example. It would be nice to blow someone out when you have them down 3 touchdowns with 12 mins left rather than escape with a narrow victory in a game we dominated for 3 qtrs.

Reactions: JC102
Once again the defense bails us out. If it wasn't for that pic 6 we more than likely would have lost. Sick of these coaches playing not to lose. We'll just have to get used to mediocre seasons between 6 and 9 wins. We have so much talent and yet our coaches fail to utilize them properly.

Reactions: HFF-SLTX
Let them play like they want to play ? Look at the last two weeks........

There are "horses for courses"

As Herm Edwards says "you play to win the game" and we did.

We are not the same team as Chad and Randy, sorry but true

W is a W.

Marshall won against a conference foe we have never beaten before, will have a winning season, and has two winnable games remaining, plus a bowl. We are not going to win the conference (of course if we were in a conference we won all the time, like our MAC era, the same voices would have something negative to say about that).

Next, you all can move on to complaining about ticket prices, TV channels, bathroom cleanliness, beer prices, that the ESPN bowl games don't really count, and that we should have Alabama home and home.

Obviously, this just is not for you. Nothing that happens is good enough for you. That is fine. Move on. If you want to stay in football, be a Bammer, that is easy; or drink the Buckeye Kool-Aid and pretend it is still 1975 and the Big 10 still matters; or follow Big Blue which is two crappy last series from being 9-1 and next week Georgia game being for the division in what is not even their best sport; or bandwagon on Big Miami, Notre Dame, USC, or whoever. Move on. You could become a Spamie. They are the exact opposite of us, an incomplete team with an obviously slow-witted coach eking out victories between it fellow field fillers in a conference that plays a parody of football and these geniuses think they are going to the Rose Bowl and their random set of cast off players are all winning the Heisman.

This is just not for you. Move on. Find something else to do on Saturdays. Mow your lawn, play with your dog, read a book. Herd football, WINNING Herd football is just not your thing. Move on.

Glad you are happy this morning with "WINNING" football as you call it. However, when you are 9-3 and 9-0 vs HS Teams and 0-3 vs Mediocre teams, well be happy. That WKU team sucked last night. If they were any resemblance of what they have been in the last 3 years, we still would be winless against this conference foe. Do you even realize this?

I am not complaining about anything else, nor have I, nor will I. I expect a Marshall football team to show NO FEAR and PLAY TO WIN...........when we have an opponent down, we kick them. What kind of team goes into prevent at the 12:48 mark in a game? They ask the kids to play 60 minutes, why can't they coach for 60 minutes? If you come away from last night happy, then you know absolutely NOTHING about football.

Reactions: 31Herd55
So would you rather "play not to lose" and win, or "play to win" and lose? If you really think about it, playing not to lose is equal to playing to win. Coaches make decisions they believe put their teams in the best position to win the game. Relative to this game, our QB has demonstrated that, despite his physical gifts, he has a tendency to throw interceptions at key times. Finally, (as I understand it) our two best receivers were out for most of the game. Let's move on to UTSA!

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Very happy. Scoreboard.

Like I said, this just is not for you. When you call other teams "HS teams" and such silliness, and want to "kick people while they are down" you show, not only that you know nothing much about sports, but that NOTHING that is ever going to happen is going to matter to you. Our opponents are "HS teams" and you don't consider the games as important.

Move on. I've thought about it, and the thing for you to get into is clearly professional wrestling. The good guy always wins in the end, no sportsmanship is shown, people are kicked while they are down, and everybody gets a cheap thrill.

Obviously Herd fandom is just not your thing.

Go Herd.

Very happy. Scoreboard.

Like I said, this just is not for you. When you call other teams "HS teams" and such silliness, and want to "kick people while they are down" you show, not only that you know nothing much about sports, but that NOTHING that is ever going to happen is going to matter to you. Our opponents are "HS teams" and you don't consider the games as important.

Move on. I've thought about it, and the thing for you to get into is clearly professional wrestling. The good guy always wins in the end, no sportsmanship is shown, people are kicked while they are down, and everybody gets a cheap thrill.

Go Herd.

LMAO, quilting, gardening, or rescuing puppies is probably more up your alley.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Very happy. Scoreboard.

Go Herd.
That's right By God, draw a pay check from MU and be happy in the Little Two Tiny Twelve

W is a W.

Big Ten - doesn't matter

Big 12 - essentially not a P5 conference

Question mediocre performance against terrible WKU team? Not a true Herd fan.

Kudos to Sam, we're lucky to have college football's gatekeeper on here each Sunday morning to clarify what we should think after the previous day's events.

Big Ten - doesn't matter

Kudos to Sam, we're lucky to have college football's gatekeeper on here each Sunday morning to clarify what we should think after the previous day's events.

Sam is an idiot. I treat his posts like I do the ones made by Sisters. I just don't bother reading them. In fact, I get pissed at myself when I accidentally start reading one before noticing it was one by Sam or Sisters, since that was 30 seconds of my life just wasted.

Big Ten - doesn't matter

Mediocre?? Did you see what happened last year?

If chase Litton was my QB I’d be scared to death to throw the ball down field too. Guy is coming off of a 4 int game. He’s terrible. Plus our top two WR’s went down. It seemed like a pretty straightforward game plan, control the clock and play good defense. And it worked.

This sums up Marshall fans perfectly. Last night early in the game we ran a play king ran it off for 10-15 yards fan next to me goes “why are we running the ball!?!?” I looked at him and said “dude we just got a first down” and he goes “it doesn’t matter! We don’t need to be running it!” That’s you guys.

We aren’t Baylor. A W is a W. Would you rather win a game like this or lose a game trying to throw it 50 times? Chase sucks.

I’ve said this before but we have the worst fans in America. It’s not enough that we beat a rival that we have never beaten in conference play, we should win the game the way THEY want us to win!

I actually agree with Sam on this one.
Many have made up their minds about Doc, years ago in fact. Sad thing is, they won't change them either.

We beat a team with a pulse. I certainly didn't agree on running it 4 straight dive plays and wasn't too keen on Jet Sweeps either.
But literally everywhere you go, you'll find a set of plays that people just scratch their heads wondering, "what the hell?"
Imagine Georgia and Notre Dame...holy crap, we could have had their schemes...and got obliterated!
ND's QB looked alot like Litton, throwing those INT's...
But yet, bad schemes, losses, and total lack of preparedness ONLY happens at Marshall.

We had a scheme and it was enough for us to win the game.

Win the game...you know, thats a first against WKU. I am sure their HC was told about their streak against us.
I honestly don't care how injured their team was.

Our 2 best WR's were out essentially the entire game. Brady may be out longer too.

Plus last season we didn't have a team...do you think their fans complained that we didn't have a competitive group, thus devaluing the win? Doubtful. In fact, they smeared it in our faces.

But yes, someone will find something to complain about on here. Sam's right, if its not the team, the coaching, or AD, its the urinals, the concessions, the color of the fence of the softball field...
I do admire the creativity in complaining bit it should be used for something more productive.

We win a game, people complain because we didn't score 100 points.
Newsflash, we aren't going to do that. You can wear your Bob Pruett pajamas and kiss Chad Pennington's picture each night like you have for the last 18 years but it isn't going make us score 100 points or make you wish it will happen.
I will say our defense is some of the best we have had and that last TD by wku was garbage, should have been properly reviewed over that stupid BS they pulled.

Some of you need to save yourselves the effort and energy of complaining. Doc is the HC, Legg is the OC ( I agree, he makes bone headed calls at times), Heater is the DC, and Hamrick's the AD.
Get over it.

If chase Litton was my QB I’d be scared to death to throw the ball down field too. Guy is coming off of a 4 int game. He’s terrible. Plus our top two WR’s went down. It seemed like a pretty straightforward game plan, control the clock and play good defense. And it worked.

This sums up Marshall fans perfectly. Last night early in the game we ran a play king ran it off for 10-15 yards fan next to me goes “why are we running the ball!?!?” I looked at him and said “dude we just got a first down” and he goes “it doesn’t matter! We don’t need to be running it!” That’s you guys.

We aren’t Baylor. A W is a W. Would you rather win a game like this or lose a game trying to throw it 50 times? Chase sucks.

I’ve said this before but we have the worst fans in America. It’s not enough that we beat a rival that we have never beaten in conference play, we should win the game the way THEY want us to win!

Chuck Landon prints yet another condescending shot at Doc and Marshall's football program.

"CHUCK IS RIGHT!!! HE IS SPEAKING FOR ALL OF US FANS!!!!"

Doc announces changes in coaching and Litton's job is not secure and the QB position is very open.

"DOC NEEDS TO WIN OR HE NEEDS FIRED!!! I AM PREDICTING MAYBE 7 WINS!!!!"

Marshall, at 6-3 with 3 more games left.

"DOC NEEDS TO BEAT A TEAM WITH A PULSE!!!!"

Marshall 30
wku 23

"I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AS A WIN AGAINST A TEAM WITH A PULSE!!!"

<Proceeds to dig out stats from 1999>

"18 YEARS AGO THIS STILL MATTERS!!!!! CLEMSON CLEMSON CLEMSON!!!!!!"

Even Chuck Landon gave the Herd an overall grade of an A.

"HE'S AN IDIOT!! HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!!! HE'S A TERRIBLE WRITER!!!"

Reactions: The Real SamC
You are correct. And a terrible staff is a terrible staff. Put the Koolaid down and realize our wins are because we are much better athletically. Our staff handcuffs our kids. Our staff does not get the most out of them or put them in the best position to succeed.

That WKU team last night was devastated with injuries. They were a weak team. They also kicked the shit out of us and embarrassed us last year.....remember that? We had the chance to step on their throats and return the favor. Our kids even understood that. Heck, I thought they played a very good 2nd and 3rd quarter. There was even some better offensive play calling (better, not great....whole different thread) during that stretch. However, we quit playing in the 4th. After we get the ball with 13:40 left in the game......................we run three straight dives........focusing more on killing our established tempo and running as much of the play clock as we can. We had moved the ball at will in most of the 3rd quarter, they were tired and injured. They came off a score.....so we help them continue the momentum swing in their favor. THIS is why we lose games we shouldn't. It almost cost us again at home last night. This is why "better coached" teams almost always beat us. This is why we always struggle with WKU. We do this why? We do this knowing we have struggled with this team. We do this after they embarrassed us 60-6?

Heck, this is the time in the games where good teams answer, not go hide in a shell. We could have, and should have scored at least 2 more TDs from this point forward. The game last night should have been no closer than 44-16. Instead, we took it down to the wire. Why? Answer is simple....COACHING! This example is why Marshall is not 9-1 at this point in the season. We should be there. We are not because of our Staff, not our players. This will continue as long as they are in place. So enjoy your "W is a W", and continue to accept those losses that never should happen. These are the examples that keep us from doing what we are capable of! Heck, even the players realized it last night.

PREACH!!!!!

it's embarrassing how we win games.

It's this "Lets take it in boys" Is why we didn't come back and beat FIU and DAY.

It's why I believe this staff needs to either get with the program and continue holding momentum or retire and move to the side.

W is a W.

Silent Real Sam
...I have to agree with the posters dismay. It is wonderful that The HERD finally defeated WKU. You are not respecting the mass majority of HERD fans.

Grades: Doc & Legg get a....... C-
Heater & the Defense, along with the kicking game gets an..... A-

The fans have grown tired watching Pop Warner offensive play calling...and The JOAN is filled with Boooos!

Need I remind you Legg's game plan: Down 1....run to the left and pick up (hopefully) 1 yard....Down 2....run left [again] and pick up 1 yard....Down 3.....Chase (from the shotgun)......keys in on ONE RECEIVER that is streaking down the sideline with 1-2 defenders draped on him---yet Litton fires a Bomb about 45-55 yards [hoping the receiver will either fight to make a catch, or the refs will call pass interference on said defenders.] SMART PLAY would be to connect with an open receiver about 9-12 yards downfield to pick up a first down and keep the DRIVE ALIVE. Down 4.....Punt... and bring on our tired DEFENSE. *** It is no wonder Chase has thrown 7 PICKS in the last three games !!!!!

WKU QB White schooled Doc & Legg all night long TEACHING them how to keep a drive alive with short yardage passes to keep his offense on the field. Thank the good Lord the Hilltoppers have an injured QB & lot of team injuries....or Marshall would be on a 3-game losing streak.

Second poor Offensive play calling. Silent Sam, will you agree Chase is a pretty big, solid, strong kid? The HERD has inches to pick up a first down. MOST offensive coaches & HEAD COACHES...would put Chase UNDER CENTER so he could bulldoze for a FIRST DOWN. [Light Bulb goes OFF for Silent Sam]. No...Litton (forced) stays in the shotgun formation, about 7-9 yards from the line of scrimmage.......no positive yardage!!!! Punt team onto the field.

Did you see our players screaming to our sideline Saturday with unhappiness with the play calling from the TWO COACHES.

Folks wonder why fans are not in the stands. Answer: The are staying home & watching some creative offensive coaches OPEN THE PLAY BOOK.

Our Defense won this contest...much to the dismay of Doc & Legg's play calling. I have given Doc a FREE pass....I can not any longer!

Doc & Legg are HOLDING back some talented offensive players for The HERD.

Last edited:
PREACH!!!!!

it's embarrassing how we win games.

It's this "Lets take it in boys" Is why we didn't come back and beat FIU and DAY.

It's why I believe this staff needs to either get with the program and continue holding momentum or retire and move to the side.

FIU?
Litton ran a 2 minute offense with no timeouts, scored, and made a 2 pt conversion.
The Onside Kick was what did us in.

W is a W.

Post like these show you clearly missed the point. It's beyond W is a W. No shit Sherlock. Its the same with your AAC bullshit. UCF is on the verge of a Top 10 finish, that will make 2 for the AAC since the split. That is even better than CUSA 1.0

WE should have put 50 on WKU. I get it Doc is a nice guy but in 2017 College Football you need to blow out teams to get respect.
I actually agree with Sam on this one.
Many have made up their minds about Doc, years ago in fact. Sad thing is, they won't change them either.

We beat a team with a pulse. I certainly didn't agree on running it 4 straight dive plays and wasn't too keen on Jet Sweeps either.
But literally everywhere you go, you'll find a set of plays that people just scratch their heads wondering, "what the hell?"
Imagine Georgia and Notre Dame...holy crap, we could have had their schemes...and got obliterated!
ND's QB looked alot like Litton, throwing those INT's...
But yet, bad schemes, losses, and total lack of preparedness ONLY happens at Marshall.

We had a scheme and it was enough for us to win the game.

Win the game...you know, thats a first against WKU. I am sure their HC was told about their streak against us.
I honestly don't care how injured their team was.

Our 2 best WR's were out essentially the entire game. Brady may be out longer too.

Plus last season we didn't have a team...do you think their fans complained that we didn't have a competitive group, thus devaluing the win? Doubtful. In fact, they smeared it in our faces.

But yes, someone will find something to complain about on here. Sam's right, if its not the team, the coaching, or AD, its the urinals, the concessions, the color of the fence of the softball field...
I do admire the creativity in complaining bit it should be used for something more productive.

We win a game, people complain because we didn't score 100 points.
Newsflash, we aren't going to do that. You can wear your Bob Pruett pajamas and kiss Chad Pennington's picture each night like you have for the last 18 years but it isn't going make us score 100 points or make you wish it will happen.
I will say our defense is some of the best we have had and that last TD by wku was garbage, should have been properly reviewed over that stupid BS they pulled.

Some of you need to save yourselves the effort and energy of complaining. Doc is the HC, Legg is the OC ( I agree, he makes bone headed calls at times), Heater is the DC, and Hamrick's the AD.
Get over it.

Nah Georgia and Notre Dame ran into 2 of the best teams in the country this year.

When exactly have you ever disagreed with Sam?

I don't always agree with his perspectives on other conferences, espeically 'THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!'

He tends to get side tracked on that and wvu, like its in his mental contract to bash wvu with every post, I get it, wvu sucks. It does make me roll my eyes at times.

There are probably a dozen other things I don't agree with him on but its not a big deal to me nor he. I just respond to other posts.

But this one is pretty spot on in my opinion.
I'm really at a loss as far as what people want out of this team.
You aren't getting undefeated every season. You also are going to get a game where we are just flat and do not play well.
This offense has been here since Doc got hired and some of you act like you've never seen it before.
Hamrick schedules tougher opponents and takes FCS off the schedule...and yet, becaise said P5 or G5 team has a bad record its "pathetic scheduling that doesn't mean a thing."

Yet, at 3-9 last year, people were so desperate they were saying, "I don't care how we win, I just want to win."

Well, we're winning.

Post like these show you clearly missed the point. It's beyond W is a W. No shit Sherlock. Its the same with your AAC bullshit. UCF is on the verge of a Top 10 finish, that will make 2 for the AAC since the split. That is even better than CUSA 1.0

WE should have put 50 on WKU. I get it Doc is a nice guy but in 2017 College Football you need to blow out teams to get respect.

Nah Georgia and Notre Dame ran into 2 of the best teams in the country this year.

Uhm, no...they didn't.

If you come away from last night happy, then you know absolutely NOTHING about football.

So the fact that the officiating changed the outcome by two scores shouldn’t matter?

Obiallo’s foot was down. Replay confirmed that.

Their receiver’s foot was not down. Replay confirmed that.

That makes the score 37-16 with us controlling the ball for almost an entire quarter longer than they did. Besides that, we basically owned the advantage in every statistical measure. That game was not close and if you don’t understand that then you know nothing about football.

Nah I just want the team to get back to what got us our respectability back. Kicking the shit out of team 48-10 in 2013 and 2014.

Now we just take it in with 13 mins left in the 4th in only a 2 possession game.

Uhm, no...they didn't.

Auburn and Miami physically kicked the shit out if Georgia and Notre Dame. Even if those games was played at Neutral sites, the same would have happened.

Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma, Clemson, Auburn, Wisconsin is my Top 6 in that order.

Nah I just want the team to get back to what got us our respectability back. Kicking the shit out of team 48-10 in 2013 and 2014.

Now we just take it in with 13 mins left in the 4th in only a 2 possession game.

We don't have the team of 2013-2014...
Its not easy to replicate.
We also have dominated teams like you said, this season actually.
Cato had good mechanics but GREAT instincts.
He also had Shuler, who may not have been his 1st option but their chemistry was so good, he knew where he was on the field at all times and could find him on 3rd down.

That, is where Litton is different. He doesn't have a go to guy and if it were Brady, he is out and was out for the wku game. Same with another top WR I believe.
Yurachek could have been this but he is a blocker for the line.
That and Litton sadly does not have the instincts yet to equal Cato, if that ever happens.

Auburn and Miami physically kicked the shit out if Georgia and Notre Dame. Even if those games was played at Neutral sites, the same would have happened.

Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma, Clemson, Auburn, Wisconsin is my Top 6 in that order.

Neither were favored to win their games either.

Funny thing though, Miami had some real ugly wins this season against some pretty bad teams.
Then they go out and prove themselves against a quality opponent and win.

But are their fans complaining?

Yet, at 3-9 last year, people were so desperate they were saying, "I don't care how we win, I just want to win."

No. This wasn’t what people were saying last year.

“No excuse for going 3-9 in this league.” And there isn’t.

And now? Yet another season without a conference title and excuses.

“A win is a win” attitude supports mediocrity and a coaching staff that clearly plays “not to lose” instead of “expecting to win”.

Call me entitled but not winning more than 1 conference title in this terrible league when you have a “recruiting genius” is embarrassing.

I don't always agree with his perspectives on other conferences, espeically 'THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!'

He tends to get side tracked on that and wvu, like its in his mental contract to bash wvu with every post, I get it, wvu sucks. It does make me roll my eyes at times.

There are probably a dozen other things I don't agree with him on but its not a big deal to me nor he. I just respond to other posts.

But this one is pretty spot on in my opinion.
I'm really at a loss as far as what people want out of this team.
You aren't getting undefeated every season. You also are going to get a game where we are just flat and do not play well.
This offense has been here since Doc got hired and some of you act like you've never seen it before.
Hamrick schedules tougher opponents and takes FCS off the schedule...and yet, becaise said P5 or G5 team has a bad record its "pathetic scheduling that doesn't mean a thing."

Well, we're winning.

WRONG==== All4TheHERD.......Marshall was 3-9 last year BECAUSE of locker room and off field issues. Nothing more---nothing less!

HerdZilla22

No. This wasn’t what people were saying last year.

“No excuse for going 3-9 in this league.” And there isn’t.

And now? Yet another season without a conference title and excuses.

“A win is a win” attitude supports mediocrity and a coaching staff that clearly plays “not to lose” instead of “expecting to win”.

Call me entitled but not winning more than 1 conference title in this terrible league when you have a “recruiting genius” is embarrassing.

AMEN Raleighherdfan
......."It is what it is..."...We are fed all the press reports about our recruiting excellence and "how this is the year!" Bullshit. We used to be known as >>>>WE PLAY FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS.

So Marshall has the best winning % (around 83%) at home than any school playing football. HELL, being in CUSA====The HERD should have a strong home winning record...and most of that record was constructed when The HERD was playing 1-AA and the decade of the 1990s. Doc is 60-40 at the helm!

NUMBERS ARE NOT WHAT THAT CAN SEEM!

Now The HERD plays for Mediocrity in a poor football conference that puts few players into the NFL.

HERD FANS EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS!

HerdZilla22

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT