ADVERTISEMENT

This is the World Liberals Want

There is a lady who looks a lot like that who lives down the road, sits on her porch, and plays the harmonica. Better musical presentation and it’s free.

Democrats must be proud. Turning us into weak, feable, brains of mush, and losers.

I guarantee you 1000x more people know about this damn flute than did before she played it so how could it possibly matter.

Why are people acting like whether or not people know about the flute is the key thing here?

Literally every Leftist on FB and Twitter has used that argument.
Damn and I thought I was original. I think the point is that it would be maybe different if we were talking about some treasured national emblem. Like, letting Lizzo bang the liberty bell on stage or something I guess. In this case it’s a damn flute, who cares? And why?

Why do you care that people care?
Now where is that giant roll eyes emoji that is also puking roll eyes emojis…

I don’t know what you do for a living, but I’m pretty sure you’re not a director of the Smithsonian.
Nor you.

Ok so I hate you all a little bit for making me look up how this all came about, but here we go:

The Library of Congress has a collection of 1800 flutes. I have no clue why. The Librarian of Congress I guess is a Lizzo fan and knew she was classically trained on the flute and in town for a show, so she invited her via Twitter to stop by I guess as a publicity stunt, and had her take the flute in question to a concert.

Thus somehow perpetuating some sort of culture war.

It’s a flute. She plays the flute. She played the flute. Why is it better for the flute to sit in a box ignored than to be played?
It is more than “a flute.” It is now a historical artifact that once belonged to a prominent American. Your flippant attitude toward history is disappointing but not unexpected.

It is more than “a flute.” It is now a historical artifact that once belonged to a prominent American. Your flippant attitude toward history is disappointing but not unexpected.
I enjoy that saying “now” implies that it was Lizzo’s playing of it that made it a historical artifact.

I love history. I love reading/listening to things about it, going to museums. I have a pretty extensive collection of ancient coins and some early US ones as well.

The flute was safe. It was simply played, as one does a flute. In no way was the item degraded. The publicity stunt worked, as now a lot more people know the history of the piece. I do not see a drawback to them loaning it out as they did.

Maybe you could give your kids some of those coins for the vending machine. They’re only “coins.”

It’s a flute. She plays the flute. She played the flute. Why is it better for the flute to sit in a box ignored than to be played?
I realize the only flute you're familiar with is the skin flute, but the nasty, morbidly obese bitch was half naked on stage singing her music that is hardly classic.

No one could focus on her playing a historical artifact with 50 pounds of fat, nasty pussy hanging out of her costume.

I realize the only flute you're familiar with is the skin flute, but the nasty, morbidly obese bitch was half naked on stage singing her music that is hardly classic.

No one could focus on her playing a historical artifact with 50 pounds of fat, nasty pussy hanging out of her costume.
Keep your eyes on the flute LOL

I have a pretty extensive collection of ancient coins and some early US ones as well.
Years ago, my father gave me a bagful of old coins. I have as much interest in coins as you do in flutes so I threw the bag up on a shelf in my bedroom closet. Recently, I took several of the more interesting looking coins to a coin shop to see if they had any value. One of the coins was a gold Krugerrand that the dealer said was worth $1,500. I sold it on the spot.

In no way was the item degraded.
This is an intentionally obtuse statement. Did you see what she was(n't) wearing, or miss the fact that she was "twerking" while she had the flute? I'm sorry, but allowing a half-naked cow whose lyrics are profane and disgusting anywhere near an item of historical significance is, in fact, degrading to that item.

This is an intentionally obtuse statement. Did you see what she was(n't) wearing, or miss the fact that she was "twerking" while she had the flute? I'm sorry, but allowing a half-naked cow whose lyrics are profane and disgusting anywhere near an item of historical significance is, in fact, degrading to that item.
I was paying more attention to her handling the flute than I was her ass.

I meant degraded as in damaged. The honor of our treasured national flute I suppose was degraded.

Years ago, my father gave me a bagful of old coins. I have as much interest in coins as you do in flutes so I threw the bag up on a shelf in my bedroom closet. Recently, I took several of the more interesting looking coins to a coin shop to see if they had any value. One of the coins was a gold Krugerrand that the dealer said was worth $1,500. I sold it on the spot.
If any of them are ancient (as in, Roman times or before) I could give you an idea as to value. You may have been able to get a little more for the Krugerrand but it doesn’t look like you got took.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
You may have been able to get a little more for the Krugerrand but it doesn’t look like you got took.
My understanding of the Krugerrand is that it was created as a way for South Africa to have an international currency during the time they operated under Apartheid. The one ounce gold coin is worth whatever the gold price is on any particular day. Did I get that close to being right?

My understanding of the Krugerrand is that it was created as a way for South Africa to have an international currency during the time they operated under Apartheid. The one ounce gold coin is worth whatever the gold price is on any particular day. Did I get that close to being right?
Well it’s worth at least the spot price of gold yeah. The coin weighs about 1.1 oz or something because it has copper in it as well for durability, so it has a full ounce of gold in it and is worth at least that much. Usually coins like that are worth a little bit more than that value. I’m not sure if older Krugerrands are more expensive but condition would matter too.

Reactions: greengeezer
This act and acts like this, where disgusting, dysgenic, obese 3rd worlders shit all over the civilization that better men built, is just another humiliation ritual designed to aid in the destruction of western civilization.

This act and acts like this, where disgusting, dysgenic, obese 3rd worlders shit all over the civilization that better men built, is just another humiliation ritual designed to aid in the destruction of western civilization.
Is this someone on the board here it sounds like Trump.

There are two people on this board so incapable of rational or constructive discourse that the only way to enjoy the board is to use the ignore button. One is EG, one is Rox.
They are not even on the same planet. EG just rambles the same 10 words or so. Rox is articulate and his posts are though provoking. He is an elite poster on here and has been for years.

He says what needs to be said.

Reactions: 19MU88 and WVUSerg
They are not even on the same planet. EG just rambles the same 10 words or so. Rox is articulate and his posts are though provoking. He is an elite poster on here and has been for years.

He says what needs to be said.
I severely doubt we’ll ever come to any sort of agreement on that. I can deal with the rest of you lot on here even if I disagree with most of you on most things. Rox is uniquely acidic. If he wants to count that as a win that he gets under my skin to that degree, which I imagine he will, he can have that W.

There are two people on this board so incapable of rational or constructive discourse that the only way to enjoy the board is to use the ignore button. One is EG, one is Rox.
Aww, someone is burying his head in the sand for the coming vax catastrophe.

You can say I’m a prick, or a Nazi — whatever. But to say I’m not capable of rational discourse? Please. I back every claim I make with specific data supporting my claims. You just don’t like hearing you fell for the greatest fraud in the history of humanity. I’d mute me too.

Reactions: 19MU88

You can say I’m a prick, or a Nazi — whatever. But to say I’m not capable of rational discourse? Please. I back every claim I make with specific data supporting my claims. You just don’t like hearing you fell for the greatest fraud in the history of humanity. I’d mute me too.
You are so so wrong about the vaccine they saved many many lives .You cannot back up your post on that.

You are so so wrong about the vaccine they saved many many lives .You cannot back up your pos

The catastrophe was that Fox news and many republicans gave out misinformation and many died because they did not get vaaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT