ADVERTISEMENT

Time to clean house.

Catfanatic1979v1

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
If players don't want to be at Marshall, let them leave. It just frees up some scholarships for Huff to get his guys in here. I don't care if they are stars or bottom of the roster guys, you aren't bigger than the team.

As for the nice guys who are just buried on the depth chart, I wish you well no matter where you go. You are a son of Marshall and we love you always.

But it is time to clean house and give Huff some room to get a decent size recruiting class in here to fill out the roster depth.

I'm still waiting to hear what players were involved and what started it. That was November and we still don't know what happened.

Speaking of, I'm sure Stowers has already sent a fruit basket with peach salsa to Coach Huff, offering up his jock cleaning services.
I just wonder if the "super fans" are willing to repeat the narrative of Docs first few seasons: "The team is young", "Doc needs 5 years to build his program".....

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I just wonder if the "super fans" are willing to repeat the narrative of Docs first few seasons: "The team is young", "Doc needs 5 years to build his program".....

Well that all depends.

Josh - he will love Coach Huff ONLY IF he acknowledges his presence and allows him to have access to Shewey. If not, he will talk shit about him like he does Pruett.

Perks - he will love Coach Huff, win or lose. He truly does love Marshall and our Football program, no matter what.

Sam - s/he will downplay any wins and be the first on here to talk shit if we lose. Perhaps s/he will eventually come around, but it will take awhile to admit s/he was wrong.

I don't care what the superfans say.

I'm just happy donations are set to rise in a large way. So many fans cut them until Doc's gone, so many pledged to walk away if we hired BL, so we got he coach the substantial majority of herd fans wanted. I can't wait to see the actual dollar figure of BG donations.

or will it be a minor bump in season ticket sales as bandwagoners return and any rise in donations will be the minimum donations required for certain seats. that seems more likely but I'll wait and review the numbers!!

I will certainly go back to buying season tix again. I never did understand why people would cut BG donations over the football coach. That money is for scholarships for ALL Marshall athletes, not coaches or programs. I did stop my QB Club membership because that does go to football and football only.
I will once again restart that and will be attending every luncheon again

Reactions: 1herdfifteen
"Didn't happen. You're making it up." --Stowers

Go back and read all the posts. I acknowledged that a fight happened. It wasn’t a “brawl.”

Getting pissed off about something that never happened is ingenious.

What I enjoy more is when fans cry about not being in the loop but disregard the facts when they are.

Makes perfect sense.

Well that all depends.

Josh - he will love Coach Huff ONLY IF he acknowledges his presence and allows him to have access to Shewey. If not, he will talk shit about him like he does Pruett.

Perks - he will love Coach Huff, win or lose. He truly does love Marshall and our Football program, no matter what.

Sam - s/he will downplay any wins and be the first on here to talk shit if we lose. Perhaps s/he will eventually come around, but it will take awhile to admit s/he was wrong.

I’m excited for the new coach. I’m also excited to see people like yourself put their money where their mouth is. I’m sure you’ve already contacted the BG offices and upped your donation level. After all, you talk more shit than most people on here so why wouldn’t you? The loudest people always seem to do the most in life, right?

Reactions: The Real SamC
Most of the people who haven't been buying season tickets haven't been buying them because its Marshall and everybody knows you don't need them. We charge fees and mandatory donations for each seat, so you pay a premium for "access" to your seat. Meanwhile, our stadium is huge, our home crowds are small, and everybody's known for over a decade now you can just buy a ticket the day of the game and sit anywhere you want to.

There are things Marshall does from an operational standpoint that are just baffling to me, like the money doesn't even matter.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Most of the people who haven't been buying season tickets haven't been buying them because its Marshall and everybody knows you don't need them. We charge fees and mandatory donations for each seat, so you pay a premium for "access" to your seat. Meanwhile, our stadium is huge, our home crowds are small, and everybody's known for over a decade now you can just buy a ticket the day of the game and sit anywhere you want to.

There are things Marshall does from an operational standpoint that are just baffling to me, like the money doesn't even matter.

tell me more about our cheap fans. don't buy the tickets because you might need to donate to the BG to get them.

it sounds like many bandwagoners are at least returning until the next disappointing period so hopefully these fans or better yet, these consumers will have to make decisions about purchasing more expensive seats or donating to get the seats they want vs buying general admission and moving around.

tell me more about our cheap fans.
I think it was 2012 when they added the Big Green Donation stipulation to eight sections of the stadium - covered something like 10,000 seats, on the interior of the sidelines, which are typically occupied on gameday. We picked up less than 300 new BG donors.

Let me know if you want more, I got like a million of these.

I think it was 2012 when they added the Big Green Donation stipulation to eight sections of the stadium - covered something like 10,000 seats, on the interior of the sidelines, which are typically occupied on gameday. We picked up less than 300 new BG donors.

Let me know if you want more, I got like a million of these.

thanks! I'm glad we on the same page about our fans. I don't need a million more.

The loudest people always seem to do the most in life, right?

If that's the case, then why aren't you successful, at all?

You're almost as miserable as Sam C. You have no people skills, so hopefully you don't work for a company in which you have to offer up any customer service.

You also give no incentive for people to want to subscribe to HN. For what? So we can pay good money to put up with a douche bag like you?

Getting pissed off about something that never happened is ingenious.

That doesn't make sense even if an attempt at sarcasm.

What I enjoy more is when fans cry about not being in the loop but disregard the facts when they are.

The "facts"? The "facts" were lied to us. Want to discuss why Marshall cancelled on the Charlotte game? It's not about "being in the loop" as much as it is not being lied to.

Reactions: Herdfan2019
If that's the case, then why aren't you successful, at all?

You're almost as miserable as Sam C. You have no people skills, so hopefully you don't work for a company in which you have to offer up any customer service.

You also give no incentive for people to want to subscribe to HN. For what? So we can pay good money to put up with a douche bag like you?

It's not surprising that you overlooked the first part of my post.

What I enjoy more is when fans cry about not being in the loop but disregard the facts when they are
What facts did the University share? The University/Program acknowledged a fight between players at the team facilities that resulted in two law enforcement agencies showing up?

If players don't want to be at Marshall, let them leave. It just frees up some scholarships for Huff to get his guys in here. I don't care if they are stars or bottom of the roster guys, you aren't bigger than the team.

As for the nice guys who are just buried on the depth chart, I wish you well no matter where you go. You are a son of Marshall and we love you always.

But it is time to clean house and give Huff some room to get a decent size recruiting class in here to fill out the roster depth.

Based on he press conference Huff disagrees with you. I'm sure we will have some attrition and some addition but I was happy enough that, at least Coach Huff isn't stupid enough to turn his first job into a rebuild situation when it isn't.

19MU88 is right in saying this is not a rebuild situation Huff is walking into. The talent is there. If he builds a quality coaching staff, and brings in a few more solid players, we could win big next year. Covid should not be a factor next season, so we can look forward to normal practice and game situations. Fans across the country are so hungry for normal sports at all levels. Let's all get vaccinated and put a dagger in heart of the virus.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
You've been on HN now for nearly four years and you haven't flipped the switch yet. That's ok.

Things are different on Old Fairfield though. Hell, even @riflearm2 would attest to that.

You're not a power tripping prick over there? If I paid to be a member, I wouldn't be taking shit from you, that's for damn sure.

Reactions: herd66
Reports out that he got rid of the whole defensive staff already along with the tight ends coach.

He has every right to put who he wants on his staff but I would have thought some of the defensive coaches would be retained.

Interestingly, the report made not mention of the offensive coaches other than tight ends.

Reports out that he got rid of the whole defensive staff already along with the tight ends coach.

He has every right to put who he wants on his staff but I would have thought some of the defensive coaches would be retained.

Interestingly, the report made not mention of the offensive coaches other than tight ends.
Where are these reports located?

I think Lambert not being there is the right call. You don't need divided loyalty since so many of the players wanted Lambert. The rest I just don't know.

You are correct. Coaches are being notified. The only two that have not been let go so far are Adkins and Cramsey. My understanding is Huff and Cramsey have the same agent. I don’t see Cramsey being the OC but I could see him being the QB coach. That is speculation on my part but who knows. Adkins could have been let go but he hasn’t said as far as I know. It’s a crazy profession and even though they signed up for it these men have wives and children. It is a tough day for them.

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1
You are correct. Coaches are being notified. The only two that have not been let go so far are Adkins and Cramsey. My understanding is Huff and Cramsey have the same agent. I don’t see Cramsey being the OC but I could see him being the QB coach. That is speculation on my part but who knows. Adkins could have been let go but he hasn’t said as far as I know. It’s a crazy profession and even though they signed up for it these men have wives and children. It is a tough day for them.
They'll be alright. This didn't catch them off guard. I guarantee you they've been putting put feelers ever since Doc was let go. I'm sure most if not all land on their feet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT