ADVERTISEMENT

HERDNATION.COM Top 20 players for 2018: 10-6

We have a punter and a kicker in the Top 10?... I hope that is a commentary on the value of their position and not a commentary on our overall athleticism.

Still looking for the answer to this: Doc claimed that Rohrwasser was an "All-American in junior college (Erie)." That's extremely concerning for the head coach to make that claim, because Rorhwasser didn't even play football at a junior college, Erie or otherwise. How, as a head coach, do you not know that the kicker you just gave a scholarship to didn't play football last year, let alone claim he was an all-american at the place where he was just taking classes?

I have the answer to that question.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/spor...cle_e70554c2-7be5-5f04-9719-3700f5795925.html

Posters on here have referred to him as being an all-american, yet when asked, nobody has been able to support their claims with where and what publication.

His highlight tape claims that he is an "FCS freshman all american," but again, that is nowhere to be found on any of the major (or minor) publications that made those lists for the 2015 season. It also it not detailed on any of his former school's (Rhode Island) stories, even though they mentioned another player making a similar list.

According to Rhode Island's website he was an All-Conference selection while he was there, but no reference of him being an All-American anywhere except from Doc's quote in the HD.

According to Rhode Island's website he was an All-Conference selection while he was there, but no reference of him being an All-American anywhere except from Doc's quote in the HD.

Correct. Also, Doc's quote was that he was an all-american at his JUCO (which was Erie). The problem with that is that he didn't play football there. He just was enrolled in classes for his off-year so that he'd be eligible to play at an FBS without sitting out a year.

I can somewhat understand a head coach incorrectly referencing accolades to a signee. I can further understand that if the signee or his handlers are perpetuating that false information in highlight videos, etc.

What I can't understand is how a head coach would claim those accolades were earned at a school where the player didn't even play football . . . the last school he was at just months before the comment. It's quite mind-blowing.

Reactions: RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT