2 Burks
3. Taylor
4. Williams
5. West
6. Browning
7. Oak
8. Peneva

Handlogden? Kelly?
I didn't list Kelly because I thought he was already here. If I am wrong on that then definitely he is on my list ! Handlogden is certainly going to be on any future list but I agree he is going to be a great one here. Just a list to spark some discussion

How many are in the NBA?
Well i wasn't trying to suggest that but TK may make the NBA we will see. All I was comparing college careers at Marshall. I say having the top two scorers in Herd history is quite impressive.

Reactions: horsrman
Last edited:
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
How many has Marshall placed in the NBA?
Greer
Mike D.
Lee
Whiteside - although he never wanted to be here and used us a year to get the NBA.
George Stone - ABA
Anyone else?

Not exactly an NBA factory.
Not what I asked. How many how DD coached is now in the NBA?

Well i wasn't trying to suggest that but TK may make the NBA we will see. All I was comparing college careers at Marshall. I say having the top two scorers in Herd history is quite impressive.
ohio - Throw Burks in at #6 - 3 in the top 10 all-time leading scorers in Herd bball history….

Reactions: ohio herd
Not what I asked. How many how DD coached is now in the NBA?
Zero. I think we've had one guy in the NBA the last decade or so. Whiteside. And he was only here one season. Correct?
Historically we don't put many in the NBA, nor NFL, nor any pro league.

Slay is very underrated in terms of Marshall history.

Peña va is not as good as Handlogten at this point in their careers but Penava outside shooting developed him into a very good player for us.

Soooooo, over the years we get a player into the League about as often as we make a NCAA Tourney appearance, or secure a conference basketball championship. About every decade and a half or thereabouts. A really "sparkling" men's basketball resume overall, isn't it?

are we trying to ask stupid questions? how is that relevant at MU? we put a guy in about once every 25 years.
It’s not dumb. He was implying that DD may have been able to recruit good CUSA talent, but none of them have been able to go into the NBA. He has brought in some players and a style that lets people that have the ability to make baskets, to score at will. So of course they’re going to put up big numbers when they play street ball.

He has also gone away from the ability to find and keep local talent.

It’s not dumb. He was implying that DD may have been able to recruit good CUSA talent, but none of them have been able to go into the NBA. He has brought in some players and a style that lets people that have the ability to make baskets, to score at will. So of course they’re going to put up big numbers when they play street ball.

He has also gone away from the ability to find and keep local talent.
Sooooooo…….pray tell us about all of the local talent is even within the possibility of signing with MU that we are ignoring? Back in the day, we had HHS stars Larry Watson & David Wade.
“finding” local talent isn’t hard. “keeping” local talent is next to impossible if the kid is also being recruited by P5 schools…..

Sooooooo…….pray tell us about all of the local talent is even within the possibility of signing with MU that we are ignoring? Back in the day, we had HHS stars Larry Watson & David Wade.
“finding” local talent isn’t hard. “keeping” local talent is next to impossible if the kid is also being recruited by P5 schools…..
exactly just ask Mayo, Patterson and Walker

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT