ADVERTISEMENT

Trucks, Thongs, & One-Year Olds

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
1) What is the reason why so many people who don't need pickup trucks spend as much as they do to drive one? They don't work on farms. They aren't in construction. They don't have to haul all of the equipment for their son's little league team. They aren't towing a horse trailer. So what is the draw of them other than an expression of "manhood" (translated to small pecker), redneckedness, and Trumper?

A second part of that question: Why is there such a disproportionately high percentage of pickup drivers who are hillbilly assholes? They have the highest share of drivers who drive like assholes, purposely make loud noises with their vehicles, and are basically the scum of drivers.

2) Thongs. I love them. No problem here. But why are 25-45 year old women wearing them to neighborhood pools that are mostly full of young kids? Listen, I appreciate the more skin shown from females. It makes my crippled cardio easier since those women distract me during my workout and make it less boring. But it is beyond tacky at a neighborhood pool full of children. I'm not saying you need to wear a burkini or even a one-piece, but come on. Have a little awareness.

And why are women at the neighborhood pools when they have their own pool in their backyard? I know some of these women. They have not just regular pools, but really fvcking nice pools in their backyard with attached hot tubs, waterfall, beautiful views, and nobody but their family. Why are you at a neighborhood pool?

3) One-year olds. They don't remember shit when they're older. You can give them a piece of coal for their birthday, and they won't know the difference when they're older. So why are these fvcking parents spending thousands of dollars to throw them parties for their first birthday? I understand wedding showers, baby showers, parties for children who are a bit older. But one-year olds?

I walked past two parties this morning that easily had thousands of dollars invested for a one-year old's birthday. They have to rent these amenity spaces to be able to have exclusive use/parties there. The first had a large, professionally custom made display that read "Ava is One!" They had rented cocktail tables so people could stand around them and put their food/drinks. They have nice tablecloths on each with decorations. They had professionally made balloon displays. They had an inflatable white picture location, which at first I thought was a small bouncehouse but was really just something a family could gather inside of for picture opportunities. They had catering. They had a million gift bags. The truck from the vendor for all of this stuff sat there with two young guys inside.
The second party is basically across the street from my place and had much of the same - a custom made display announcing the child's first birthday party, tablecloths, fresh flowers spread all over the tables, catering, and other decorations.

Your one-year old would have much more fun doing something else on his/her birthday and would appreciate you putting those thousands in an investment account for him/her to use when they get older.
Why? What is the purpose? Your one-year old child gets no fun from it. He/she won't remember it. He/she won't get any developmental impact from it. You're spending thousands of dollars to make yourself feel like you do a lot for your child and to showcase everything for your friends/family. It's a waste of time and money. He/she doesn't care about the beautiful setting, the fancy chandeliers/lanterns that hang from the big tree branches, the water features, the outdoor kitchen/refrigerators/grills, the flowers, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT