ADVERTISEMENT

Trump economic adviser stunned after few CEOs say they will invest more if tax rate cut | TheHill

NutcaseConservative

Green Buffalo
Feb 1, 2017
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...ter-few-ceos-say-they-will-invest-more-if-tax

I think this has been the fear that alot of people have had. Cutting corporate taxes isn't an automatic boon to the economy. I'm not arguing against it either, I think the bigger problem in our country is the wealth gap. 1% of the population has more wealth than the other 99%. Think about it 3.5 million people have more wealth than other 350 million combined.

Why would you make capital investments if you're already meeting the current demand for your product??

Why would you make capital investments if you're already meeting the current demand for your product??

1)Future expansion and growth
2)Newer and updated technology that makes me more profitable and more productive
3)Competitive pressure
4)Maintenance cost on old equipment
5)Planned obsolesces of the the technology I am using
6)Availability of parts, service, and support of equipment or technology I am using now

1)Future expansion and growth

You're already meeting demand. You don't know if it will increase. So...no.

2)Newer and updated technology that makes me more profitable and more productive

Your production is already meeting demand, so why would you need updated technology?

3)Competitive pressure

Bwaaahaha!!

4)Maintenance cost on old equipment

With corporations making record profits, why would they have old equipment?

You're a lap dog.

677e2aadc730789b5eca542aee1f98f672fcf971e8d7ce24ccddb9d9052e1ef9.jpg

Are you sure you ran a business? Seriously. You don't make any damn sense sometimes.

And you can't answer questions. Why would you as a business make more capital investments if you were already meeting demand and making record profits?

And you can't answer questions. Why would you as a business make more capital investments if you were already meeting demand and making record profits?
I gave you reasons. I am selling to companies right now that are doing what I posted.

I gave you reasons. I am selling to companies right now that are doing what I posted.

If they're already doing it moron, why give them a tax break to do it? I'm guessing you think they'll give it to their workers. Bwaaaahaha

Herdman gave you a list of reasons. Post #5. How did you miss that?

Herdman gave you a list of reasons. Post #5. How did you miss that?

I didn't miss it. He just toed the line of republican political rhetoric. Watch the OP video and you don't see many hands go up when asked if they'd increase capital investment due to the tax cuts. So it looks like they agree with my assessment that if you're making near record profits and you're meeting the demand for your product, no need to increase capital investment.

I didn't miss it. He just toed the line of republican political rhetoric. Watch the OP video and you don't see many hands go up when asked if they'd increase capital investment due to the tax cuts. So it looks like they agree with my assessment that if you're making near record profits and you're meeting the demand for your product, no need to increase capital investment.
What do you think of Section 179?

What do you think of Section 179?

I'm not very familiar with this. It's where you can deduct the full cost for investment instead of depreciating it over several years? If so, on the surface and without knowing a whole lot about it, I think it's a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT