ADVERTISEMENT

Trump promises permanent cut to payroll tax if re-elected

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
“If I’m victorious on November 3rd, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax,” Trump said at a news conference in Bedminster, N.J. “I’m going to make them all permanent.”

“In other words, I’ll extended beyond the end of the year and terminate the tax,” Trump later added. “And so we’ll see what happens.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ty-and-medicare-if-he-s-reelected/ar-BB17JIZa

The real question regarding all of these eos that were signed yesterday is what do the Dems do about it? Do they sue the president and kick people off extended unemployment benefits, let people be evicted, and force students to pay the student loans? Or do they give him a win

The real question regarding all of these eos that were signed yesterday is what do the Dems do about it? Do they sue the president and kick people off extended unemployment benefits, let people be evicted, and force students to pay the student loans? Or do they give him a win

The Dems were fighting for higher benefits. The Republicans wanted much less than what was in Trump’s executive order. So wouldn’t this EO equally represent a Republican defeat?

And you’re changing the subject. This is about wanting to permanently cut the funding mechanism for social security and Medicare. Is that even a good strategy for a president who counts on votes from a retired demographics?

“If I’m victorious on November 3rd, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax,” Trump said at a news conference in Bedminster, N.J. “I’m going to make them all permanent.”

“In other words, I’ll extended beyond the end of the year and terminate the tax,” Trump later added. “And so we’ll see what happens.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ty-and-medicare-if-he-s-reelected/ar-BB17JIZa

Watched Mnuchin on Chris Wallace this AM. I understood him to say, if payroll taxes are made permanent, then the general fund would pick it up. I assume the general fund he's talking about is the one with the huge deficit? How the hell would that budget take care of it?

His conversations regarding making the payroll tax cut permanent begin around the 7:45 mark.

Watched Mnuchin on Chris Wallace this AM. I understood him to say, if payroll taxes are made permanent, then the general fund would pick it up. I assume the general fund he's talking about is the one with the huge deficit? How the hell would that budget take care of it?

His conversations regarding making the payroll tax cut permanent begin around the 7:45 mark.

Is this just the employee part of FICA? Would employers still have to contribute their half?

Is this just the employee part of FICA? Would employers still have to contribute their half?

It's my understanding the employer half would be deferred, but if it's forgiven and terminated it makes zero difference.

The Dems were fighting for higher benefits. The Republicans wanted much less than what was in Trump’s executive order. So wouldn’t this EO equally represent a Republican defeat?

And you’re changing the subject. This is about wanting to permanently cut the funding mechanism for social security and Medicare. Is that even a good strategy for a president who counts on votes from a retired demographics?
Trump met in the middle which is what a compromise is. Politically it makes things difficult for the Dems.

Dems wanted 600/wk gop wanted 200. What’s in the middle dipshit

Hey idiot. The middle ain't 400/wk when the states (if the states can afford it, and only if the unemployed would have drawn at least 100 from the state) have to pay 25% of whatever the fed contributes. It is predicted it would be months for the states to program yet another system to implement it. So, the people who need help the most don't get it, and get it too late.

There is no financial help to the states, which is what a large part of the dem bill would have done.

And dems want nothing to do with the payroll tax cuts.

So it's not even close to half way. Idiot.

Then fvcking negotiate instead of running their damn mouth. No one is claiming trumps plan is perfect. But guess what it’s better than nothing and it gets implemented while pelosi and the Dems bloviate.

Probably. But better than nothing is way too little. Just like I said the first rounds were not enough.

And we'll see how quick it gets implemented.
The first rounds haven’t all been spent yet so how do you know they weren’t enough

Another “political win” for Trumpster IMO. Trump is playing offense.

He’s playing the usual Dem political game perfectly here. Besides the fact it allows him to claim Dems are trying to “take away benefits“ he has ordered...the Dems have a candidate who can’t put 2 sentences together If he comes out of the basement to deliver a counter. This forces Pelosi (likely more hated than HILLARY) to be the face of the debate.

Another “political win” for Trumpster IMO. Trump is playing offense.

He’s playing the usual Dem political game perfectly here. Besides the fact it allows him to claim Dems are trying to “take away benefits“ he has ordered...the Dems have a candidate who can’t put 2 sentences together If he comes out of the basement to deliver a counter. This forces Pelosi (likely more hated than HILLARY) to be the face of the debate.

Let me see if I understand what you’re saying...Trump is trying to eliminate/defer payroll taxes, which any American with an IQ above room temperature understands how this negativity affects Social Security and Medicare, and when Dems fight it they’re taking away benefits? That assumes a very unintelligent electorate. Which explains why Trump supporters will buy in.

And stringing sentences together? I have only one word for that...Yo...semite. That might even get him the Jewish vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT