ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler will be so big rifle will take an interest

Sisters, you may never talk to me again after this, but your boy has a very, very average voice. There is nothing special about his voice. He doesn't have the soulful sound like Marc Broussard or Chris Stapleton. Go listen to those two guys- compare their voices to Tyler's. Is he a world-class shredder on the guitar? Is he an unbelievable songwriter? Those are his only chances to hit it big since he has an average voice.

I like you rifle unconditionally. I disagree. You must listen to him more. He is a big hit now for a reason. For a country folk singer he has opened for Dylan and sells out shows almost everywhere now. He is signed up with CMA Artist Sturgill Simpson. They want a Stapleton Childers Simpson tour. I watched stapleton live many times when he sang with the Steeldrivers. Saw them last at the flat gap fire department. Stapleton hit the scene pretty quick. Tyler will top that. Saw where he sold out all his shows in Europe. You tube his songs went from 100 hits to 400,000 thousand hits. You must really listen to him. Hes not a great vocalist. He couldnt win american idol but he is the real deal. Universal Sound will hit the charts Monday. Whoever thought local boy billy ray cyrus would be huge. Lol. Have you heard Miley's little sister's new song. Her name his Noah Cyrus. Miley will be a billionaire someday. Another Ky connection.

Rifle he is a decent guitar player. He is no Ricky Skaggs.He is making more money now than ever. Flying all over the world playing music, shucks it dont get no better rifle. On his vocals well mick jagger, Tom petty,Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Bon Scott, Brian Johnson, James Hatfield, ronnie van zant, Lemmy, Kevin Cronin,Tom T Hall, all were not great vocalist at all. Its a certain sound and I feel I know it when I hear it.

Last edited:
Were u go riflearm

He is always here in spirit.

He won't be bigger than Stapleton and Miley won't be a billionaire.

By your own admission, he has an average voice and is average on the strings. So, if he isn't anything special as a songwriter and his branding isn't anything special (he doesn't have model looks, doesn't appear to have an intriguing backstory, etc.), what is it that makes you think he will be so big if he is average in everything?

He is a very good songwriter, and still very young for the country music industry.

There is a large market outside of popular country radio that craves good songwriting and authentic music. He fits that niche very well. All the coal-rollin' pussies and dumb girls can have their Luke Bryant shit.

BINGO!! That is a very big market and its made up of a wide cross section of people(boomers, Gen x'ers and millennials) that appreciate the "realness" of his music. Its that "Outlaw Country", "Americana", "Folk", "singer/songwriter" and even some bluegrassers audience that will take a liking to him. That audience is very, very loyal to those that "don't get above their raisin' " His voice is average, but unique and while not really soulful, his soul shines through in his singing. Will he have a bunch of Gold or Platinum albums and be nominated for countless awards, no, but that's not why he or others like him are doing what they do.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Thats the truth Imherdfan. Im just blown away how big he had got in the last 3 months. He is special tp people who want their music to be real. People travel all over following tyler. Sturgill Simpson is one of his fans and he is the CMA' s biggest new star. He is living his dream now. Is their any better way to make a living than playing music. He is making around 5,000 a show. Big thing here is septemberfest offered him 7500 to headline one show but he turned it down. Some people thought he should come home and play. He is under contract with whoever Sturgill is signed with and he was already booked. When Ricky Skaggs played here he got what he gets for any show 25,000 and he now plays straight bluegrass. Tyler still has a couple shows locally. He is sold out at the MAC in Prestonsburg. Best chance to see him will be at the V club. Not sure when but the V club has been good to tyler. Money is not a issue with him but he should buy some clothes and get a pair of new boots. He is a modern day arlo guthrie. His music moves me.

Reactions: imherdfan
BINGO!! That is a very big market and its made up of a wide cross section of people(boomers, Gen x'ers and millennials) that appreciate the "realness" of his music. Its that "Outlaw Country", "Americana", "Folk", "singer/songwriter" and even some bluegrassers audience that will take a liking to him. That audience is very, very loyal to those that "don't get above their raisin' " His voice is average, but unique and while not really soulful, his soul shines through in his singing. Will he have a bunch of Gold or Platinum albums and be nominated for countless awards, no, but that's not why he or others like him are doing what they do.

So, another vote for him just being average.

And that "very big market" is about 20th on the list of genres.

Nobody gives a shit about Texas Country outside of Texas. But the biggest Texas Country stars can make a few hundred thousand dollars each year simply touring Texas repeatedly. I'm sure this kid can make a living from music, but he will never be anywhere close to Chris Stapleton level, and that's not a huge accomplishment for an artist

I don't like much country these days. IF I listen to country I want the older stuff.

I do like a guy like Jamey Johnson for some newer stuff.

Some of the shit they have now wants to make me scratch my eyes out. I can't take it for more than a few seconds. I would rather be water boarded.

Reactions: ThunderCat98

It's bigger than you think. And we actually purchase music, and purchase it in full album format. And buy tickets.

With zero, and I mean ZERO, country radio play, Sturgill Simpson sold 200k copies of his latest album. I know those numbers don't seem big to a guy hanging out with big rap artists, but it's more than solid for a guy that really doesn't fit a format. And tickets to his shows are not cheap, either. Dude is headlining festivals now.

It's funny you mentioned Stapleton a couple of times. No one outside the industry really knew who he was when he was just writing hit songs for others...except for that niche you said wasn't important. He's 39 now and just "blew up". Childers is 26. He'll make his mark.

So, another vote for him just being average.

Nobody gives a shit about Texas Country outside of Texas. But the biggest Texas Country stars can make a few hundred thousand dollars each year simply touring Texas repeatedly. I'm sure this kid can make a living from music, but he will never be anywhere close to Chris Stapleton level, and that's not a huge accomplishment for an artist
Your whole post is so wrong. He is making 200,000 t0 300,000 a year right now. Of course he is on the road. He represents good music not the crap coming out now. I can go out and turn the radio on now and they are playing music from 25 years again.This issue is not something I can waiver on. In my car is tyler and The Isaacs two cd's I love until I die. He is only 26 but not too far back he decided to try and just make a living playing music. Now they are flying him all over the country first class and to Europe where he sells out. Tickets average around 35 to 45 a show. If he never gets bigger he's already bigger than any if us here ever thought he would. His dad told me the other day someday he wants to own a place in Lawrence co for live music. On texas,,,he plays some shows there and texas loves him. He gets his music played all over the state. Its not about who cares about texas but about the huge amount of people in that state. Texas has some of the best bands in the world. You all think its the 70's where you can see a concert 52 weeks out of the year. Now huntington has what 4 or 5 concerts a year. I saw Acdc cheap trick journey montose molly hatchet heart and nazareth and foreigner and the stones all in one summer

Last edited:
Your whole post is so wrong. He is making 200,000 t0 300,000 a year right now. Of course he is on the road. He represents good music not the crap coming out now. I can go out and turn the radio on now and they are playing music from 25 years again.This issue is not something I can waiver on. In my car is tyler and The Isaacs two cd's I love until I die. He is only 26 but not too far back he decided to try and just make a living playing music. Now they are flying him all over the country first class and to Europe where he sells out. Tickets average around 35 to 45 a show. If he never gets bigger he's already bigger than any if us here ever thought he would. His dad told me the other day someday he wants to own a place in Lawrence co for live music. On texas,,,he plays some shows there and texas loves him. He gets his music played all over the state. Its not about who cares about texas but about the huge amount of people in that state. Texas has some of the best bands in the world. You all think its the 70's where you can see a concert 52 weeks out of the year. Now huntington has what 4 or 5 concerts a year. I saw Acdc cheap trick journey montose molly hatchet heart and nazareth and foreigner and the stones all in one summer
Is he related to you Sisters?

He is always here in spirit.

He won't be bigger than Stapleton and Miley won't be a billionaire.

By your own admission, he has an average voice and is average on the strings. So, if he isn't anything special as a songwriter and his branding isn't anything special (he doesn't have model looks, doesn't appear to have an intriguing backstory, etc.), what is it that makes you think he will be so big if he is average in everything?
No yaga he is a great great songwriter

Im planning on attending that festival for the first time.
EG alot of good food but its the free music that is great. Would like to buy you something to eat and give you my autograph. Lol. Go in the evening saturday night for the best music. Alot of woodworking items for sale you might like.

Your whole post is so wrong. He is making 200,000 t0 300,000 a year right now.

Yeah, that was my entire point. He can go make a good living just like the biggest Texas country artists can. However, just like the Texas country artists, he still will be just a blip on the radar because the market for his music is small (as is the market for Texas country). That's why he won't be anywhere near the level of Chris Stapleton. Chris' voice is special in that he has soul which opens up his sound to a much bigger audience.

EG alot of good food but its the free music that is great. Would like to buy you something to eat and give you my autograph. Lol. Go in the evening saturday night for the best music. Alot of woodworking items for sale you might like.

I've not been to the fest in Louisa, but I did attend the one in Salyersville a couple times. The first time I went the featured band was Blue Highway. Didn't know who they were before I went there, they blew me away. Fantastic musicians.

Would love to have you autograph one of your checks and give it to me at Septemberfest since I'll be set up as a vendor. :):)
Yeah, lets get together.

I've not been to the fest in Louisa, but I did attend the one in Salyersville a couple times. The first time I went the featured band was Blue Highway. Didn't know who they were before I went there, they blew me away. Fantastic musicians.

Would love to have you autograph one of your checks and give it to me at Septemberfest since I'll be set up as a vendor. :):)
Yeah, lets get together.
What kind of vendor?Blue Highwau is awesome. Saw them several times

Yeah, that was my entire point. He can go make a good living just like the biggest Texas country artists can. However, just like the Texas country artists, he still will be just a blip on the radar because the market for his music is small (as is the market for Texas country). That's why he won't be anywhere near the level of Chris Stapleton. Chris' voice is special in that he has soul which opens up his sound to a much bigger audience.
Rifle chris came from a bluegrass band called The Steeldrivers. They got another lead singer I like more than Chris. Tyler is getting big in Europe. Thats the place to tour. When i first sang his praises he was playing locally.Since then he has played all over the united states and Selling out in Europe. If he doesnt become a household name his music moves me. He is unique.

What kind of vendor?Blue Highwau is awesome. Saw them several times

When I saw Blue Highway in Salyersville, there were 2 other bluegrass bands before them that were quite good. But when Blue Highway started, it was immediately obvious they were in a totally different class. I told my wife that these are really good, and I probably told her that 5 or 6 times while they were playing. When I got home late that night I googled them to find out more about them. It was then I found out they were considered one of, if not the best bluegrass band in America.

I make and sell wood signs in the "spare time".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irk7nf1kk41ppku/IMG_20170722_082440018.jpg?dl=0

ADVERTISEMENT