ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievable!!!!

dangerousdaneerfan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2007
No Parker and Leonard goes down in Game 5. Mike has the Spurs on the ropes and the Spurs end up winning in OT. Now, no Parker or Leonard and on your home floor and the Rockets are getting beat by 30.

Sadly this series was a coaching mismatch.
More like a cultural mismatch. Spurs are winners and have that championship culture engrained in them. In big moments in Game 5 and on the road in Game 6, they showed why they're who they are.

Xs & Os can always be scrutinized, but its more than just the coaching. The next round won't be so kind to them.

More like a cultural mismatch. Spurs are winners and have that championship culture engrained in them. In big moments in Game 5 and on the road in Game 6, they showed why they're who they are.

Xs & Os can always be scrutinized, but its more than just the coaching. The next round won't be so kind to them.

Yes, we are agreeing here. The coaching mismatch goes beyond strategy.

Guys, still more about the "Jimmys and Joes" than the "Xs and Os", IMO. Overall talent favored the Spurs; other than Hardin, no really true standouts for the Rockets, especially with Nene out. Just wonder what will Mike and Rockets brass be looking for in the offseason in terms of the draft, free agents, etc.

I'm talking about the Coach who is coaching, not the style.

Also Kerr who hasn't been coaching, has the best defensive coach in the NBA on his staff and 4 of the top 15 players in the NBA on 1 team.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Same way how Bill Legg impacted College Football. Problem is everyone took his style and ran with it.

And before anyone talks shit, we was running an RPO offense before it was known as such.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Not sure I understand the hate being thrown Mike's way. Especially from fellow Son's of Marshall.

Every single one of you wishes you had half the basketball knowledge and half the success that Mike has enjoyed. (Myself included)

Mike and the entire D'Antoni family have been tremendous assets to Marshall for going on 50 years.

He is one of the top coaches in the NBA , period. I for one am proud to have him representing Marshall and our state.

Not sure I understand the hate being thrown Mike's way. Especially from fellow Son's of Marshall.

Every single one of you wishes you had half the basketball knowledge and half the success that Mike has enjoyed. (Myself included)

Mike and the entire D'Antoni family have been tremendous assets to Marshall for going on 50 years.

He is one of the top coaches in the NBA , period. I for one am proud to have him representing Marshall and our state.
This is the only place in the world that would find negativity in a guy that has done what Mike has done.

There's obviously things to pick apart with him (like any other coach), but I don't understand why people find it enjoyable to pick a Marshall guy apart. Be proud of him and his positive impact on the game of basketball.

A few people on here hate the job Dan D'Antoni is doing at MU and blame Mike D'Antoni, since they are brothers and run the same systems.

Same way how Bill Legg impacted College Football. Problem is everyone took his style and ran with it.

And before anyone talks shit, we was running an RPO offense before it was known as such.

That just shows how much you know, even about football.

While we appreciate you trying to give Legg a little credit, RichRod is considered the pioneer of the spread offense and zone read going all the way back to his Glenville days.

Of course you'll come up with anything to throw shade in Marshall's direction. I must have missed your thread about the softball team choking. #ncaabound

And I would say Hal Mumme pioneered the Spread Offense

While we appreciate you trying to give Legg a little credit, RichRod is considered the pioneer of the spread offense and zone read going all the way back to his Glenville days.

Perhaps both of you should read this book, written in 1952.
41QGT0PpByL._SY298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: WV_Celt
And if you want to be specific, although they passed very little, Navy has been running "Run Pass Option" for about 25 years.

RichRod and others just finally applied it to their standard offense.

Of course you'll come up with anything to throw shade in Marshall's direction. I must have missed your thread about the softball team choking. #ncaabound

Actually Mike Springston pioneered it

Of course you'll come up with anything to throw shade in Marshall's direction. I must have missed your thread about the softball team choking. #ncaabound[/QUOTE

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/interview-father-spread-offense-rick-butler

Great recent interview with Mike Springston with how the spread offense came to be

ADVERTISEMENT