ADVERTISEMENT

Update On Sid Torlone

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
I just heard from close family friend that Sid is beginning to show slow improvement. He drank orange juice and ate applesauce this morning by himself. He walked in his room with assistance. He is still very confused most of the time but doing much better. I hope he gets to return back home soon and continue to improve.

I don't know too much about his health or the severity of his injuries, but my father experienced logical impairment from a head injury and subsequent brain bleed, which recurred twice. Each time he had bleeding on the brain, my father's consciousness (who he was) pretty much completely disappeared. Once the bleed was finally addressed and solved though, he was able to recover for the most part.

The ugly truth is that Mr. Torlone will likely never return to the state he was in the morning of the attack, but there is plenty of reason to be positive and believe his condition will improve, and he will be able to live out the rest of his life with his faculties about him.

Sid has now been able to stand and take steps with assistance. Was able to zip his jacket. I have a picture but do not know how to attach to this post. Glad he is steadily showing improvement.
hope and pray he recovers fully. Did his family used to own the bakery? Man I loved those doughnuts.... would love to know where to getanother

Sid is just to nice a person for something like this to happen to him. The POS that did this needs to fry!
That POS will have the backing of all the Social Justice Warriors a d the liberal court system. Look for a plea bargain and minimal time in the Big House...if any.

31Herd I hope you are wrong. Sid gave this guy a second chance and he nearly killed Sid. Let’s hope he receives more than “minimal time”.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
the liberal court system.
iWKad22.jpg

The pos is correctly being charged with attempted murder. Video evidence is incontrovertible. If he’s smart (he is not), he’ll plea to a lesser charge. + he has previous felony convictions. At least 10-15 years hard labor......court is adjourned!!

Reactions: Sash19
hope and pray he recovers fully. Did his family used to own the bakery? Man I loved those doughnuts.... would love to know where to getanother
Yes, his dad owned the bakery

Sid's father Albert and uncles Dominic & Louis owned the bakery. I first met Sid in 1975 when I worked some at Frostop where he and my brother were regular curb boys. Let's all pray for his recovery.

As we celebrate our Independence holiday I have yet another update on Sid. His trach is out. He is now eating regular food. He’s reading the newspaper. And they are taking him outside. If I knew how to post a photo on here (I’m technologically challenged) I would. In all Sid is progressing.
His target date to return to WV is August 1st

That POS will have the backing of all the Social Justice Warriors a d the liberal court system. Look for a plea bargain and minimal time in the Big House...if any.
Social justice is a political and philosophical concept which holds that all people should have equal access to wealth, health, wellbeing, justice and opportunity.
Seems to fit our constitution very well. I guess I qualify as a "Social Justice Warrior" as my faith in God inspires me to work for these things. It does not misguide my perception of legal justice. I am hopeful that this man will receive proper punishment. I know Sid and believe he works for social justice in his life and did try to give this guy a second chance. This man blew his opportunity. Your statement is a generalization.

He is here in Atlanta. I've never met the man, but We heard that he really likes Jannson. We are planning on stopping by to see him sporting our kelly green and spreading some Herd love mixed with our Georgia hospitality.
That is GREAT. Please give him our best

Reactions: Sash19
I have been to see Sid at the Sheperd Center twice in the last two weeks. My last visit with him was this past Friday. I am amazed at how well he is doing. We laughed about our college days (and friends) and talked Marshall hoops. Saw him walk without assistance. Keep those prayers coming...they are working!

I have been to see Sid at the Sheperd Center twice in the last two weeks. My last visit with him was this past Friday. I am amazed at how well he is doing. We laughed about our college days (and friends) and talked Marshall hoops. Saw him walk without assistance. Keep those prayers coming...they are working!
Absolutely GREAT. I had heard that August 1 was his target date to return to Huntington. I hope that holds.

Went to see Sid again this past Thursday. My old college roommate who knew Sid well during our college days, flew in from New Jersey, and when we walked in Sid knew him immediately. It looks like he may be released from the Sheperd Center as early as next week. He will then go to a nearby apartment type set up where he and his wife will stay as he transitions back to everyday life. Once he is squared away in that environment, he will then be cleared to come home. I will say, Sid has lost none, zero, zilch of his sense of humor or love of all things Herd related. It has been great to watch this miracle of recovery unfold! (Oh yea, he hit golf balls earlier that day!)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT