ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Report

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
USA Today has an in-depth report on the number of college athletes who are found guilty - either by a criminal court or their school - of sexual abuse. The article shows coaches who sign these athletes and highlight John Holliday as one of them.

YbMnGCk.jpg

https://gatehousenews.com/predatorpipeline/home/site/the-leader.com

John Holliday should resign, thanks for sharing. I thought we have been told he is doing it the right way and runs a tight ship.

What are your thoughts. John Holliday should resign? Does this happen everywhere?

John Holliday should resign, thanks for sharing. I thought we have been told he is doing it the right way and runs a tight ship.

What are your thoughts. John Holliday should resign? Does this happen everywhere?

Does it happen everywhere? Of course not. It only happens with administrations that are desperate to win, that have to continue getting more talented players than the rest of your conference peers since they can't win with the huge non-qualifiers advantage, that are willing to sell their soul to the devil, that make bogus "no inappropriate touching of women" decries, that have no problem playing a starter who is under investigation by the FBI for being a part of a drug ring, and that don't really care about the safety of women on campus by bringing in sexual offenders.

John Holliday Must Resign - and to think, we have yielded such poor results from recruiting these type of players in said desperation to win.

When you think about it, John Holliday Must Resign isn't just a moniker, it's a bold and true statement.

Thank you, John Holliday Must Resign

So the USA Today article cited one student-athlete who transferred after facing possible expulsion following a sexual assault charge.
http://www.startribune.com/tamarion...ulsion-transfers-to-junior-college/412936093/
Is the take away supposed to be that there are no second chances after being CHARGED (not convicted) of sexual assault? (Article says that none of them were convicted criminally.) If not, then what is the take away? These coaches shouldn't coach?
According to the Article there were three other student-athletes involved in that altercation. Ray Buford (who is currently at New Mexico State), Dior Johnson (Murray State) and KiAnte Hardin (Pittsburg State). [Google searches]
Why weren't the head coaches from the other programs named? I'm willing to bet that there's much, much more to this story, but why let facts get in the way of whatever slippery-slope argument the article was trying to make.
Should he no longer be the head coach - product in the last 10 years speaks for itself. But an implication based on this article is a reach at best.

USA Today has an in-depth report on the number of college athletes who are found guilty - either by a criminal court or their school - of sexual abuse. The article shows coaches who sign these athletes and highlight John Holliday as one of them.

YbMnGCk.jpg

https://gatehousenews.com/predatorpipeline/home/site/the-leader.com
Currently on the roster: https://www.tampabay.com/sports/col...sh-Ball-accused-of-dating-violence_162379729/

We were also just after the JUCO Indiana bounce back RB that was expelled for sexual assault too.

According to the Article there were three other student-athletes involved in that altercation. Ray Buford (who is currently at New Mexico State), Dior Johnson (Murray State) and KiAnte Hardin (Pittsburg State). [Google searches]
Why weren't the head coaches from the other programs named?

Perhaps, you should read the entire article and go through the entire slideshow. The coaches at the schools you named were put in the same slideshow as John Holliday was.

So the USA Today article cited one student-athlete who transferred after facing possible expulsion following a sexual assault charge.
http://www.startribune.com/tamarion...ulsion-transfers-to-junior-college/412936093/

You aren't good at the Google thing.

Tamarion Johnson was expelled. Hell, he appealed the ruling and the appeals board upheld the recommendation of expulsion. Knowing the situation, he transferred to a JUCO (along with at least two others that were involved in the incident).

So the school did find him guilty initially and then found him guilty in the appeals process.

But an implication based on this article is a reach at best.

If you had a 19 year old daughter on campus, you'd be totally fine with John Holliday recruiting multiple players who were expelled from their previous institutions for sexual assault convictions (either by the school or in a criminal court)? No, you wouldn't be. And there is a reason for that.

This isn't an implication based on this article. It isn't a reach. John Holliday recruits multiple players who have been convicted of sexual assault (either by their previous school or a criminal court).

https://apnews.com/c92459f09342415aa4ff205d298b1f0b

"Authorities declined to press charges in the case and the players who did have sex with the woman say it was consensual."

Yep, we all know that just because charges aren't filed, it means nothing bad ever happened.

From your own article:

"The university’s appeals panel on Friday upheld the recommended punishments for five players (expulsions for Dior Johnson, Tamarion Johnson, KiAnte Hardin and Ray Buford and a one-year suspension for Mark Williams), wiped out the punishments for four others (one-year suspensions for Winfield, Seth Green and Kobe McCrary, and probation for Antonio Shenault) and reduced the recommended punishment for one more (dropping an expulsion to a one-year suspension for Carlton Djam)."

So not only was he found guilty by the university originally, but even after the appeals process (when some punishments were reduced for other players), his expulsion was still upheld.

But hey, I'm sure Minnesota was just trying to destroy their football program in a way to set John Holliday up knowing that he'd recruit these guys.

I’m not a Doc supporter, but to use this story as a way to get a football coach you don’t like to resign is pretty disgusting.

This story? Perhaps, you need to read Cottrell's post where it shows John Holliday recruiting two other players with similar accusations.

Why is this earth-shattering news to any of you? This isn't something new. It's the same ol', same ol'. Say one thing, post those no tolerance rules all over your facility, mention those no tolerance rules to the media, then go out and do the exact opposite by playing kids and recruiting kids who have strong allegations of violating those rules.

Yep, we all know that just because charges aren't filed, it means nothing bad ever happened.

From your own article:

"The university’s appeals panel on Friday upheld the recommended punishments for five players (expulsions for Dior Johnson, Tamarion Johnson, KiAnte Hardin and Ray Buford and a one-year suspension for Mark Williams), wiped out the punishments for four others (one-year suspensions for Winfield, Seth Green and Kobe McCrary, and probation for Antonio Shenault) and reduced the recommended punishment for one more (dropping an expulsion to a one-year suspension for Carlton Djam)."

So not only was he found guilty by the university originally, but even after the appeals process (when some punishments were reduced for other players), his expulsion was still upheld.

But hey, I'm sure Minnesota was just trying to destroy their football program in a way to set John Holliday up knowing that he'd recruit these guys.

It doesn’t mean that it did either. I’m not saying it did or didn’t happen, but I’m not going to sit here and cast stones at a coach, player, or university (no matter who it is) for something that can’t be proven.

There have been other situations where we declined to show further interest because of a player’s past.

Reactions: HerdFan1971
It doesn’t mean that it did either. I’m not saying it did or didn’t happen, but I’m not going to sit here and cast stones at a coach, player, or university (no matter who it is) for something that can’t be proven.

Schools don't expel students for the hell of it. That especially rings true for state schools where the legal stakes are much higher.

Minnesota expelled the kid based on the evidence. Their appeals board, even while reducing punishment against some of the others, upheld his appeal. Based on those with far more knowledge of the situation than any of us on this board and John Holliday have, they felt it was provable enough to expel him (and uphold it on appeal).

But John Holliday - the bastion of integrity, following rules, and being consistent - somehow knows more than Minnesota.

Oh, and he also knows more than the schools of the other players that basically forced out the kids he has signed/recruited.

This isn't a one case situation. As Cottrell (and others over the years) has points out, Tamarion isn't the only player with a troubled past that John Holliday has chased. And we wonder why the attrition and turnover are so high and why Marshall is young every year.

Schools don't expel students for the hell of it. That especially rings true for state schools where the legal stakes are much higher.

People lose their jobs and lives are ruined nowadays because of instances just like this.

Schools, companies, and society in general would rather rid themselves of said player/employee, before anything final is said or done, rather than be associated with them.

Again, you nor I know what happened that night so this is pointless. You wonder why Doc doesn’t return your calls or texts........I’d bet this is part of the reason why.

Coach makes a good point... John Holliday Must Resign, maybe John won’t consider you for a coaching position because you haven’t been fired for sexual assault. He’s such a good guy that he’d rather keep the position open to give someone a second chance.

Reactions: riflearm2
People lose their jobs and lives are ruined nowadays because of instances just like this.

Schools, companies, and society in general would rather rid themselves of said player/employee, before anything final is said or done, rather than be associated with them.

Again, you nor I know what happened that night so this is pointless.

No, state employees/state schools have a totally different protocol to follow in these instances than private employers, especially in certain states.

I agree - we don't know what actually happened, just like we don't entirely know what happened in the Nicole Brown Simpson situation. But evidence presented makes most people quite positive what happened. And the evidence presented to Minnesota and then to their appeal board allowed them to be quite sure of what happened.

I could understand one incident of this where John Holliday believed he knew more than Minnesota. But for him to make this a pattern and think he knows more than all of these other school? Don't be foolish.

You wonder why Doc doesn’t return your calls or texts........I’d bet this is part of the reason why.

Oh, I don't wonder why. It's because he lacks basic professional courtesy and polish. It's why his reputation was being the dirtiest assistant in recruiting for much of his career. My texts were from 2013-2015, so his lack of response had nothing to do with me calling him out for failing the Marshall program, for selling his soul to the devil trying to win, and any other criticism.

John Holliday should resign, I believe you are looking at this unfairly. He's not recruiting additional female abusers. He was one under his quota since Drayton got kicked out for choking out a woman in the Wendy's parking lot.

Reactions: riflearm2

There have been other situations where we declined to show further interest because of a player’s past.

What is proven is that Doc Holliday is bringing in players who have been accused of sexual assault, and even if they aren’t guilty it still is getting my university terrible publicity.

Instead of making the USA Today for winning championships, he is making a national paper for this.

One of the first posts I saw on here or Old Fairfield was a poster named rifle trying to give enough information about a sexual conquest that board members would know who she was. He definitely was trying to disparage the ladies reputation. Is this rifle the same piece of garbage?

I wasn’t really following this thread closely until this post was made:

One of the first posts I saw on here or Old Fairfield was a poster named rifle trying to give enough information about a sexual conquest that board members would know who she was. He definitely was trying to disparage the ladies reputation. Is this rifle the same piece of garbage?

tenor.gif

One of the first posts I saw on here or Old Fairfield was a poster named rifle trying to give enough information about a sexual conquest that board members would know who she was. He definitely was trying to disparage the ladies reputation. ?

Pfft. Any female linked to King Rifle would not have her name disparaged. She would be celebrated and honored for having such an honorable experience and once-in-a-lifetime (assuming she couldn’t walk anymore) opportunity.

But since her name was so easy to figure out, remind us who she was (not that I’d remember her name, because let’s be honest, there are far too many to recall). And please, tell your daughter that there was no offense intended with me talking about her on here.

But yes, I can see how a guy discussing a hookup about a consenting, anonymous adult is the same thing as sexual assault.

The fact that you don’t know the difference between “ladies” and “lady’s” showed me that you were stupid, but that you tried comparing what you accused me of doing with a sexual assault proved to me that you’re not only stupid but completely off of your rocker.

is this rifle the same piece of garbage?

Speaking of garbage, I just bought this $200 garbage can that is voice activated. Now, I can tell the garbage can to open and launch my used condom into it while sitting in my massage chair as the University of Utah cheerleader(s) goes upstairs to clean up in the bathroom.

ejaYY2z.jpg

People buy tickets to ride space mountain. And they celebrate it

Speaking of garbage, I just bought this $200 garbage can that is voice activated. Now, I can tell the garbage can to open and launch my used condom into it while sitting in my massage chair as the University of Utah cheerleader(s) goes upstairs to clean up in the bathroom.

ejaYY2z.jpg

Why not BYU?

Pfft. Any female linked to King Rifle would not have her name disparaged. She would be celebrated and honored for having such an honorable experience and once-in-a-lifetime (assuming she couldn’t walk anymore) opportunity.

But since her name was so easy to figure out, remind us who she was (not that I’d remember her name, because let’s be honest, there are far too many to recall). And please, tell your daughter that there was no offense intended with me talking about her on here.

But yes, I can see how a guy discussing a hookup about a consenting, anonymous adult is the same thing as sexual assault.

The fact that you don’t know the difference between “ladies” and “lady’s” showed me that you were stupid, but that you tried comparing what you accused me of doing with a sexual assault proved to me that you’re not only stupid but completely off of your rocker.

ejaYY2z.jpg

There is a follow up to the USA Today article. What’s interesting is the legal ramifications for Marshall if they bring in a student who committed a sexual assault elsewhere. Now, I don’t know if that refers to having been convicted in a criminal court or if it also covers having been expelled from another university due to sexual assault, but John Holliday’s repeated recruitment of those with sexual assault expulsions/allegations is opening Marshall to liability.

ySds78m.jpg

Reactions: johns1124
Rifle is putting it all over you guys. Ex Marshall grad who was mocked and poked as he coached different teams all over the country. You all should have supported a son of marshall. He's back

herdinplains - do NOT feed the animal. It will attack relentlessly until it finds the soft spot, then open it’s jaws and increase the severity of aggression. It is the scourge on this board, whose moderators are a bunch of pussies and have been cowed by this animal, allowing it to dominate the weakest members of the Herd. It’s kind of like the group of wildebeests at the watering hole during extreme drought in Africa. They all need the water, but they also know the alligator lurking just a few feet from the bank is going to eat one of them. Once the gator is eating dinner, the rest of the Herd can drink.
So herdinplains, the lesson?
When the rules are broken, the sheriff is supposed to restore law & order for the town. There is no sheriff in this here town! Resist the urge to engage. Hit the ignore button for Rifle. Continue to enjoy conversing all things Marshall!! Works for me.....
...and sisters is popping popcorn so he can live vicariously through Ryan. And Clarence W WILL like this post!
That is all.....

Rifle is putting it all over you guys. Ex Marshall grad who was mocked and poked as he coached different teams all over the country. You all should have supported a son of marshall. He's back
How can you be an "Ex Marshall grad?"

herdinplains - do NOT feed the animal. It will attack relentlessly until it finds the soft spot, then open it’s jaws and increase the severity of aggression. It is the scourge on this board, whose moderators are a bunch of pussies and have been cowed by this animal, allowing it to dominate the weakest members of the Herd. It’s kind of like the group of wildebeests at the watering hole during extreme drought in Africa. They all need the water, but they also know the alligator lurking just a few feet from the bank is going to eat one of them. Once the gator is eating dinner, the rest of the Herd can drink.
So herdinplains, the lesson?
When the rules are broken, the sheriff is supposed to restore law & order for the town. There is no sheriff in this here town! Resist the urge to engage. Hit the ignore button for Rifle. Continue to enjoy conversing all things Marshall!! Works for me.....
...and sisters is popping popcorn so he can live vicariously through Ryan. And Clarence W WILL like this post!
That is all.....

Will somebody please tell this guy how corny his repeated attempts of trying to make funny and entertaining analogies really are?

John just asked his compliance office to see if Taylor has any eligibility left.

Team captain- way to be able to identify traits and character for that role.

ejaYY2z.jpg
Nice of you to wear her bracelet while she cleans your bathroom

ADVERTISEMENT