ADVERTISEMENT

Very dry

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
I have been working on a project that requires buried conduit so I have been digging a trench. I’m down about 15” and the soil is unusually dry. We have had everything else hit since I’ve lived here ( blizzard, ice storm, derecho, flood, plague, tornado, earthquake, scattered wildfires). Guess it is time for a drought. Still waiting to add volcano to the list.

Reactions: 30CAT
I have been working on a project that requires buried conduit so I have been digging a trench. I’m down about 15” and the soil is unusually dry. We have had everything else hit since I’ve lived here ( blizzard, ice storm, derecho, flood, plague, tornado, earthquake, scattered wildfires). Guess it is time for a drought. Still waiting to add volcano to the list.

Don't forget hurricane, mud slide and avalanche.

yet, my grass still won't stop growing. i think i have the greenest grass in my area . . . all from that soil sample analysis several years ago. i'm not complaining, though, i'd much rather have a green yard than a dried up brown one.

yet, my grass still won't stop growing. i think i have the greenest grass in my area . . . all from that soil sample analysis several years ago. i'm not complaining, though, i'd much rather have a green yard than a dried up brown one.
I live in a swamp and have a lot of moss and not much grass. The moss is so thick it feels like plush carpet. When the weather is wet and warm, it is a lush green. When the weather turns colder and dryer, the moss becomes a reddish rust color. I like it.

Reactions: WV-FAN
Ours went brown, then we had 8" of rain in two days and it grew a foot in the next two days after that lol.

How cold was it yesterday morning? I saw Canaan Valley was 20°.

Reactions: WV-FAN
Ours went brown, then we had 8" of rain in two days and it grew a foot in the next two days after that lol.

How cold was it yesterday morning? I saw Canaan Valley was 20°.
it was between 40 and 45 at the house. wouldn't surprise me if it was 20 at canaan, which is like 9 miles away the way the bird flies, but around 32 miles via rt 55 to 33 to 72 and 40 minutes, or around 45 minutes roughly 17 miles up over dolly sods through red creek and up to 72.

it's absolutely insane the difference in weather over a less than 3 mile straight line span from my house to the top of the mountain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT