ADVERTISEMENT

W-S paper previews 5 non-conference tilts in September...

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
I did not realize that NC State hosts WVU the weekend before they head up to Htgn.

N.C. State
at Marshall, Sept. 22

The second leg of the Wolfpack’s attempt to become the state champion in West Virginia.

The Herd put a scare in the Wolfpack last season in Raleigh on its way to an 8-5 season and its fourth bowl appearance in five seasons. Marshall returns the key pieces of a defense that ranked 28th nationally last season, which was particularly strong against the run.

There’s a proud tradition in Huntington, and a 7 p.m. kickoff should lead to a heck of an environment for college football.

And there’s always a little something extra in the air when Group of Five programs play host to major-conference teams.

Classic hangover game for the ‘Pack?

Really irritates me when they think they could only lose in Huntington if the pack is on a hangover, instead of getting beat straight up

Really irritates me when they think they could only lose in Huntington if the pack is on a hangover, instead of getting beat straight up

I agree... Its not like we play a cupcake the week before and have all kinds of time to dedicate to NC State preparations.

beef - sorry, I used that term! I do think it is accurate to say that anytime a Power 5 school comes into a Group of 6's house, the atmosphere is going to be intense! We really owe them one (1991)......go HERD !!!

Reactions: beefcake0520
beef - sorry, I used that term! I do think it is accurate to say that anytime a Power 5 school comes into a Group of 6's house, the atmosphere is going to be intense! We really owe them one (1991)......go HERD !!!
Your fine. My opinion is the reason its more intense vs. our conference schedule is due to them being a more known team. If we played a conference schedule like the ACC we would have every home game like that. We do owe them but we owe a lot of teams lol. Average fans or fair weather fans just don't show up in droves, only when a well known team shows up, just the reality of it. We recruit as well as low and mid level p5 teams, so we should compete and win our share imo, the home field just makes its fair if we gave the same to them.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT