ADVERTISEMENT

Warning! Gayish men's fashion thread (shorts edition)

ThunderCat98

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 23, 2007
Why are men's shorts made so slim and fitted now? I mean, I don't want shorts that hang down to my ankles, but I'm a child of the 90s, and I do like my shirts to fit on the looser side and be comfortable. Any suggestions for men's casual shorts that do not (1) hug your thighs, or (2) aren't so short your nuts fall out the side?

Reactions: i am herdman
summer-cotton-short-sleeve-mens-rompers-single-breasted-jumpsuit-cargo-short-pants-zip-trousers-mens-sets-womens-store-white-s.jpg

Why are men's shorts made so slim and fitted now? I mean, I don't want shorts that hang down to my ankles, but I'm a child of the 90s, and I do like my shirts to fit on the looser side and be comfortable. Any suggestions for men's casual shorts that do not (1) hug your thighs, or (2) aren't so short your nuts fall out the side?

Post a pic of what you're talking about exactly.

Typically J Crew has shorts in a variety of inseam lengths. That's my go to on shorts.

Went for a jog this morning

1516717_824_-5923ff2acc651__605.jpg

Post a pic of what you're talking about exactly.

Typically J Crew has shorts in a variety of inseam lengths. That's my go to on shorts.
I know what he is talking about. The old lady and my son got me some fishing shorts. I don't exacthy have Earl Campbell thighs and they fit tight around the thighs and you feel like package is going to have mission creep. Some of these new type shorts are not very comfortable and I grew up in the 70's and 80's. I don't need to be playing golf and have my left nut slip out in the backswing. The game is hard enough as it is.

Remember these coaches shorts that Bike used to make back in the 70's and 80's? Hell, maybe they still do, but I used to own a pair of them in probably 7 or 8 different colors. Quite possibly the most comfortable shorts I've ever worn, except for boxers. I hope they come back in style.

72925_ts.jpg

Remember these coaches shorts that Bike used to make back in the 70's and 80's? Hell, maybe they still do, but I used to own a pair of them in probably 7 or 8 different colors. Quite possibly the most comfortable shorts I've ever worn, except for boxers. I hope they come back in style.

72925_ts.jpg
I remember those. Our coaches always had them. I would buy some of those.

Man, I miss the old days sometimes. You knew it was going to be hard day of practice when the coach show up in the gray Bike coach shorts, flat bill trucker cap with the cord between the bill and the front of the cap, and put a chew in. Oh shit, coach is pissed of, boys.

72925_ts.jpg

These ^^^ are pretty much the exact opposite of what I'm talking about.

I'm a bigger dude. Not a complete lardass mind you, but I'm about 6'1, 225 lbs. Every pair of shorts I've bought in the last 2-3 years are either tight in the thigh area and/or completely squashes my junk.

I'm a bigger dude. Not a complete lardass mind you, but I'm about 6'1, 225 lbs. Every pair of shorts I've bought in the last 2-3 years are either tight in the thigh area and/or completely squashes my junk.
agreed, don't like em

I remember when I was a kid my dad loved to wear tight gym shorts, if he does it now he would be gay automatically, in the 80s it was ok. The trends are changing, disappearing and backing again, it seems nothing very new has been invented in men`s or women`s fashion. Remember also ties size, there was a time when it was huge, along the last decades its width has changed many times, as I know, the tie width, which is currently in style, is any width between 2.25” and 3.25”

Anyway, If you need shorts and it`s difficult to find one, try to visit Men Style Fashion I deal with clothes suppliers due to my work in a store, so I know lots of good resources where to buy things or just read about modern fashion, which is quite individual, or I took it too seriously?? Is it just a funny thread for mocking gay shorts from 80-90s which doesn`t need any assistant by other members??
Cuffed-shorts-for-men-summerwear.jpg

Last edited:

That's Kony - it's herdman's alt. Likes talking about fashion, Toyota Prius maintenance, environmental stewardship. That kind of stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT