ADVERTISEMENT

Wawa breaks ground on first West Virginia convenience store location

I’m a Speedway man and was a Super America man before that. Don’t need all that fancy.

BTW, why did they tear down the relatively new Sheetz in the west end? I’m assuming it was an issue with the tanks and maybe they had to do some remediation in the soil, but haven’t heard.

I’m a Speedway man and was a Super America man before that. Don’t need all that fancy.

BTW, why did they tear down the relatively new Sheetz in the west end? I’m assuming it was an issue with the tanks and maybe they had to do some remediation in the soil, but haven’t heard.
Seems like all the Sheetz around here are getting a facelift

Reactions: herdfan06
Think WV will allow you to run past the WaWa in your underwear, Carrot Top?
If CTF hosts a Cupid's event in close proximity to the WV WaWa, yes.

They have been doing this with all of the locations in my area. They used to keep them mostly open throughout renovations, now they demolish them and rebuild.

I rarely even go into gas stations anymore. 31 years on the road. They suck. Nasty and dirty. Delays you going in. Pay at the pump. I stop and take a leak on the side if the road. Find a turnoff and go in the woods. Much cleaner and faster.

I've heard it was a corporate mandate to remodel/rebuild frequently and they want to make their stores appear fresh and top of the line, which makes sense. I'm sure they are making bank because pretty much every time I've been a local Sheetz it is busy.

I rarely even go into gas stations anymore. 31 years on the road. They suck. Nasty and dirty. Delays you going in. Pay at the pump. I stop and take a leak on the side if the road. Find a turnoff and go in the woods. Much cleaner and faster.
Buc-ee's are known for having nice bathrooms.

buc-ees-2.jpg

I would love to visit one, unfortunately, the closest one is roughly 7 hours away from me.
One of the craziest things you will see. Wawa has nothing on them. They are minor leauges. Sheetz is not even remotely close.

The one in Florence, SC is insane sometimes. It has 120 gas pumps.

Reactions: herdfan06
One of the craziest things you will see. Wawa has nothing on them. They are minor leauges. Sheetz is not even remotely close.

The one in Florence, SC is insane sometimes. It has 120 gas pumps.
I have heard about some of their locations having over 100 pumps. My mom was talking to me yesterday about her upcoming trip to Nashville, Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, etc. I told her she needs to check out Buc-ee's, I described it like being a Sheetz x1000.

Reactions: i am herdman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT