SI - vs Houston. - St. Petersburg
SB Nation - not bowl eligible
Sporting News. - vs Ohio - Bahamas
CBS Sports. - vs Appy St. - New Orleans Bowl
College Football News - vs Miami(OH) - St. Petersburg
ESPN - (Bonagura) - vs Ohio - Bahamas
ESPN - (Hale) - vs Northern Illinois - Bahamas

Reactions: The Real SamC
No Bahamas. Played in a soccer stadium. St Pete is fine. Actually would like a trip to NOLA to play App St. That would be a good game to watch. jmo

Reactions: HerdFan1971
Some of the bowl predictions after week 5

SI - vs Houston. - St. Petersburg
CBS Sports. - vs Appy St. - New Orleans Bowl
College Football News - vs Miami(OH) - St. Petersburg
ESPN - (Bonagura) - vs Ohio - Bahamas
ESPN - (Hale) - vs Northern Illinois - Bahamas

I assume some of these sites are either outdated or Ruhtards

I have seen a lot of projections putting us in the Bahamas the last two weeks against a MAC team... I am assuming its because we have never taken the obligatory trip over there to play in that bowl.

Im sure its a nice trip for the kids, coaches and staff but that would suck for the 98 percent of Herd fans that either couldn't or wouldn't make the trip during the holidays.

Yeah, I get that there are people, particularly students, who will just pile into a car and drive to the bowl game, plus we have alumni all over, particularly in Florida, and obviously neither applies to the Bahamas, but really any pre-Christmas bowl (Bahamas is the 22nd, St. Pete is the 21st, New Orleans is the first game, on the 16th), are made for TV deals, with limited live gates. St. Pete's problem is it is a baseball park not designed in any way to accomodate football.

BTW the St. Pete Bowl is now the "Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl". Apparently some sort of brush hog type mower.

Yeah, I get that there are people, particularly students, who will just pile into a car and drive to the bowl game, plus we have alumni all over, particularly in Florida, and obviously neither applies to the Bahamas, but really any pre-Christmas bowl (Bahamas is the 22nd, St. Pete is the 21st, New Orleans is the first game, on the 16th), are made for TV deals, with limited live gates. St. Pete's problem is it is a baseball park not designed in any way to accomodate football.

BTW the St. Pete Bowl is now the "Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl". Apparently some sort of brush hog type mower.

If that is the list to pick from, and CUSA asks our opinion, we need to pick New Orleans... At least its on a Saturday and it has the je'ne sais quoi of being the first bowl game to attract a few casual fans via ESPN. Plus of those locations, New Orleans is relatively easy to get to and its a fun place to vacation.

I googled this because obviously that is some expert trolling. There is no way a bowl is called that. Obviously. But................................ It is?!?!?!? Multiple articles saying that is the name. I am still under the assumption that you are trolling us and created all kinds of articles and posted them across different websites to become a master troll. Right?

Reactions: HerdFan1971
If MU can take care of business and win the conference, they'll have their pick of CUSA Bowl games.

BTW the St. Pete Bowl is now the "Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl". Apparently some sort of brush hog type mower.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to see what the player gift package for that bowl is. :rolleyes: Maybe a trip to Mons Venues to see some real brush/bush?

In all reality, believe if we make it to the final 2 in CUSA, we should warrant a "better" foe than Appy or another game with little Miami. Not all that enthused with a game with Ohio U, either. Believe a game with Western Michigan or even Northern Illinois would be better, Figure one of those 2 plus Toledo will be the ones coming out on top in the MAC West and probably end up being the league champs.

Also believe if Herd is something like 10-3 or even 11-2, ESPN would find it an attractive match-up to pare us with one of the top of the AAC. Temple, Houston, Memphis, UCF, Navy, etc., would appeal to a lot of folks. Then, too, with the same won-loss record, above, we might be able to slip into a bowl slot against a Power foe that another Power league doesn't have enough eligible teams to fill!

These predictions come from updates posted in the last 3 days.

So then Ruhtards... as we 1- have a more quality win than most CUSA teams and are already halfway to bowl eligibility so 'not eligible' is hilarious and 2- already played one of those teams which they avoid for bowls any way possible- so yes- Ruhtards

In all reality, believe if we make it to the final 2 in CUSA, we should warrant a "better" foe than Appy or another game with little Miami. Not all that enthused with a game with Ohio U, either. Believe a game with Western Michigan or even Northern Illinois would be better, Figure one of those 2 plus Toledo will be the ones coming out on top in the MAC West and probably end up being the league champs.

Also believe if Herd is something like 10-3 or even 11-2, ESPN would find it an attractive match-up to pare us with one of the top of the AAC. Temple, Houston, Memphis, UCF, Navy, etc., would appeal to a lot of folks. Then, too, with the same won-loss record, above, we might be able to slip into a bowl slot against a Power foe that another Power league doesn't have enough eligible teams to fill!

Usually the bowl games like to avoid having two teams play twice in the same season. Hopefully we won't be in that situation.

Would the conference allow us, at 10-3 or 11-2, to go to another bowl game? I'm sure the conference would have to fill out the contractually obligated bowl games first.

3rd or 4th in the Big 2, Little 8, which is all WVU can ever hope to be, equals 8th or 9th in the SEC. UK - WVU would be a pickem, IMHO.

It just means more.

Reactions: 19MU88
It's very simple. We play the highest ranked team that is a P5 or AAC. Period.

I agree. We've already played enough MAC teams this season. If a matchup with the #2 ranked MWC is a possibility then possibly take that if we can't get a P5 matchup.

Some of the Bowl Predictions after Week 6:

SI - vs Tulane - Cure Bowl
CBS Sports. - vs Temple - Boca Bowl
College Football News - vs Oregon - St. Petersburg
ESPN - (Bonagura) - vs Arkansas State - New Orleans Bowl
ESPN - (Hale) - vs USF - St. Petersburg

I'm not sure that Oregon (and the PAC 12) would make a trip to St. Petersburg but it would make an interesting matchup.

Has Marshall ever played a PAC 12 school in football?

Some of the Bowl Predictions after Week 6:

SI - vs Tulane - Cure Bowl
CBS Sports. - vs Temple - Boca Bowl
College Football News - vs Oregon - St. Petersburg
ESPN - (Bonagura) - vs Arkansas State - New Orleans Bowl
ESPN - (Hale) - vs USF - St. Petersburg

Not bowl eligible shows why you should never put any stock in anything written on an SB Nation page...

Really any of those options outside of playing Ohio in the Bahamas is pretty good. Oregon would be fun. Tulane in the Cure Bowl in Orlando would also be a good matchup/travel destination/time slot.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I agree regarding SB Nation. It'll be interesting to see how their predictions change after this weekend.

IF those are the choices, I say take Oregon or USF in St. Pete, followed up by Temple in Boca.

I agree regarding SB Nation. It'll be interesting to see how their predictions change after this weekend.

IF those are the choices, I say take Oregon or USF in St. Pete, followed up by Temple in Boca.
I'd love another trip to New Orleans! Only reason I miss Tulane in the league.

Some of the Bowl predictions after Week 7:

SI - vs USF - St. Petersburg
SB Nation - vs Army - Armed Forces
Sporting News - vs Ohio - Bahamas
CBS Sports - vs Virginia - Boca
College Football News - vs Toledo - Bahamas
ESPN (Bonagura) - vs Arkansas State - New Orleans
ESPN (Hale) - vs Army - Armed Forces

Personally, I’d rather avoid anything to do with the state of Texas. And a game in a half filled 92000 seat stadium would look just god awful.

Last edited:
I'd rather play Virgina or USF.

The latest Bleacher Report predictions have Marshall vs Iowa State in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. That would be a good matchup too.
CUSA traded out of the Heart of Dallas Bowl this year. Not much chance of us there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT