ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Tourney

Hopefully their center is still out for our game. She’s the 3 time ACC player of the year.

Reactions: Jartard
Expect a lot of points... Should be a fun matchup to watch. Let's hope our girls come out hot and get some early momentum.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Hopefully their center is still out for our game. She’s the 3 time ACC player of the year.
According to their board, she is "doubtful" for the first NCAA weekend. Obviously, they hope they can beat MU and find a way to knock off Baylor. Then possibly get her back for the Sweet 16.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Just s/w my source. He followed all procedures, yet at 2:03pm the VT ticket office tells him (10,000 capacity) “They’re all gone.”
My source: “What do you mean they’re all gone??”
TO: “Don’t know what to tell you. They’re all gone.”
So, $300 later he has 2 tickets….resellers
Bullshit we have a to play a true road game in the dance! Men don't get saddled with that nonsense but I guess it's about selling first round tickets.

Bullshit we have a to play a true road game in the dance! Men don't get saddled with that nonsense but I guess it's about selling first round tickets.
The men can sell out neutral site arenas... The women can't.

Then factor in that the mens tournament is played in most major cities, which would relegate the women to secondary cities if they did play on neutral sites... No one wants to see games played in empty arenas in Des Moines, Shreveport, Green Bay, etc.

Just s/w my source. He followed all procedures, yet at 2:03pm the VT ticket office tells him (10,000 capacity) “They’re all gone.”
My source: “What do you mean they’re all gone??”
TO: “Don’t know what to tell you. They’re all gone.”
So, $300 later he has 2 tickets….resellers
VT season ticket holders and boosters got first pick. My VT friend got me tickets at noon and there were already only about 100 seats left.

The men can sell out neutral site arenas... The women can't.

Then factor in that the mens tournament is played in most major cities, which would relegate the women to secondary cities if they did play on neutral sites... No one wants to see games played in empty arenas in Des Moines, Shreveport, Green Bay, etc.

I understand the economics of it.

But didn’t think this would fly in todays day and age where there is all this heat for “inequalities” in men and women’s tournaments.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I understand the economics of it.

But didn’t think this would fly in todays day and age where there is all this heat for “inequalities” in men and women’s tournaments.
Money talks at some point. We can't go full moron as a country. Even though that seems to be goal

Anyone have YouTube TV? They let you pick your team for either/both the men’s and women’s tourney. Marshall is not listed, but JMU is.

Call me crazy (many do), but Friday’s game reminds me of the Clempsum game back in ‘99. Power school, seemingly invincible vs little ole’ Marshall. Hope we get the same result!

Reactions: Russ Priddy
For anyone interested, the team departs for Blacksburg today at 2:45. Fans encouraged to show up to send them off @ the HC…

Also - I’d be shocked if Liz Kitley can go on Friday. W/o her, they look very vulnerable to me.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT