ADVERTISEMENT

west virginia: Least Fun State in the Country

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
So that makes uneducated, fat, strung-out, unhealthy, little computer access, depressed, poor, unhappy, corrupt, jealous, lazy, and now least fun.

Wonderful and wild!

Oh, by the way: California came out as the second most fun state to visit:

Sure if your a guy looking for a dick. Rifle I bet you would suck a dick you closet bisexual. No kidding you like guys especially the darkies and high yellers

So that makes uneducated, fat, strung-out, unhealthy, little computer access, depressed, poor, unhappy, corrupt, jealous, lazy, and now least fun.

Wonderful and wild!

Oh, by the way: California came out as the second most fun state to visit:

Maybe that’s why so many people in Western Pennsylvania and Western New York like it so much. It offers a GREAT second home environment for people that relish natural beauty, and actual peace and quiet.

You make your own fun. It is simply the way you perceive things. Kind of like the dinner invitation I offered some years ago. The girl told me, “ I’m afraid to drive down your street at night.”

My reply, “Yeah, we kind of like it that way.”

Reactions: 30CAT
Maybe that’s why so many people in Western Pennsylvania and Western New York like it so much. It offers a GREAT second home environment for people that relish natural beauty, and actual peace and quiet.
Uhh, moron: Western NY and PA are quite peaceful and quiet on their own. You have Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and to a far less extent, Jamestown. Those people aren't making west virginia a second home.

You make your own fun.
Yes, banging your family members and/or farm animals.

Uhh, moron: Western NY and PA are quite peaceful and quiet on their own. You have Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and to a far less extent, Jamestown. Those people aren't making west virginia a second home.

Heck. My sister has a second home in West Virginia. Their main home is south of Pittsburgh. And the mountains are a lot higher down there. The highest point in all of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Western New York is only 3,213 feet above sea level.

Buffalo and Pittsburgh are not “peaceful and quiet moron”. And Jamestown is a complete and utter sh!thole. You have to go up the lake to the Chautauqua Institution to get any “peace and quiet”.

Reactions: 19MU88
Even if I didn’t have family in WV the rafting and hiking are worth visiting for.
Bingo.

I'd go as far as to say that WV not having a lot of developed entertainment bullshit is precisely why it is fun, if you are an outdoors activity person and enjoy peace and quiet in nature.

Look, I love the Smoky Mountains, but it's not because of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, in fact it's in spite of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Which are fine for the typical family, it's just not my vibe.

Heck. My sister has a second home in West Virginia. Their main home is south of Pittsburgh.
Welp, there you have it. A single person from Western NY/PA has a second home in west virginia, so that somehow magically proves your point that "so many people" from that area love it and have second homes there. My dad has a cabin on the river in Black River Wild Forest in the Adirondacks. I guess that's proof that "so many people" who live in Florida love the Black River Wild Forest and have second homes there. Moron.

. And the mountains are a lot higher down there. The highest point in all of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Western New York is only 3,213 feet above sea level.
Uhh, moron . . . ever heard of the Catskills or Adirondacks? Not only are they in NY, but the highest Adirondack peak is in NY, not west virginia. And, just like everything else in NY compared to west virginia, the mountains are prettier.

People in Western NY can get to those mountains just as easily as going to west virginia. So if "most feet above sea level" is the desire, they'd go there for higher.

Buffalo and Pittsburgh are not “peaceful and quiet moron”.

That wasn't the comment. The point that other than Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Jamestown, move of that region is quiet and peaceful. How was that so hard for you to comprehend? In other words, other than just a few locations in that entire region, it is peaceful and quiet, so they have no reason to escape and have a second home in a similar environment (just without all the incest, poverty, etc.).

People who live in quiet, rural areas aren't getting a second home in quiet, rural areas. They are getting beach places or other things that they don't already live in most of the time.

Oh, and you need a comma before "moron," and the end quotation should be outside of the period. Explain how morons like you feel comfortable trying to insult the intelligence of others while not knowing basic grammar rules.

Even if I didn’t have family in WV the rafting and hiking are worth visiting for.

Do you ever leave Santa Clarita?

California, by far, has better hiking than west virginia and even better whitewater rafting. And yes, part of that has to do with the size of the state which encompasses multiple geographic regions/terrain, but the diversity the state offers makes it so special . . . similar to Texas in that the Lonestar State has desert region, mountainous (though a small region along the border), hill country, forest, ocean, etc.

Frankly, it's not even close between the two states. California dominates in that regard.

I've said this many times over the years, but the natural beauty/activity that west virginians constantly reference to defend the state is dwarfed many times over by the states those people try to make themselves feel better about not living in.

NY's mountains are bigger and prettier than west virginia's, and I have made that point for years. Other than the mountains, which many states have better than wv, there is nothing in the state. Compare that to NY having better mountains, the unmatched Finger Lakes hill/winery region, the ocean, etc. that west virginia doesn't have.

And, just like everything else in NY compared to west virginia, the mountains are prettier.
No. Just different, and that's because of the more northern latitude and some Adirondack peaks being above the tree line*. But I'd put the view at Roaring Plains or from the North Fork Trail up against any view in the mountains of NY.

*There's a geologic difference between the Adirondacks and Appalachians, which is also fascinating to me and worth comparing, so they aren't even the same chain, but that's getting too deep for this crowd of the poorly educated.

I don’t know that I’ve ever been to Santa Clarita. And yes I do hike and the hiking around here is excellent. I never even said the hiking in WV was better, just that that and the rafting are the highlights for WV.

Edit: for Malibu’s reputation as a beach town, there’s great hiking around it

Last edited:
I don’t know that I’ve ever been to Santa Clarita. And yes I do hike and the hiking around here is excellent. I never even said the hiking in WV was better, just that that and the rafting are the highlights for WV.
You said that even if you had no family in wv, the hiking and rafting makes a visit worthwhile. That is absurd. That would be like somebody from Vegas saying "even if I didn't have family in Atlantic City, the culinary experiences and gambling makes visiting there well worth it."

It makes no sense to travel across the country when you have that exact same thing at a far better level minutes away.

You said that even if you had no family in wv, the hiking and rafting makes a visit worthwhile. That is absurd. That would be like somebody from Vegas saying "even if I didn't have family in Atlantic City, the culinary experiences and gambling makes visiting there well worth it."

It makes no sense to travel across the country when you have that exact same thing at a far better level minutes away.
It’s not the exact same thing.

Let me put it in a context you’d understand. Do you just bang the hottest girl you’ve ever banged every day? If you could would you? Or would you want some variety, something different sometimes? Even if you know it’s not the best you’ve had?

Also I said rafting and hiking. CA doesn’t really have good rafting. Colorado does though.

It’s not the exact same thing.

Let me put it in a context you’d understand. Do you just bang the hottest girl you’ve ever banged every day? If you could would you? Or would you want some variety, something different sometimes? Even if you know it’s not the best you’ve had?
Fair point. The problem is that just like with hiking, California has the blonde with giant fakies, the brunette with a great ass, the dark-skinned model from Cameroon, the Asian, and the latinas. It doesn’t matter what you’re in the mood for- they may not be the hottest in your history, but they still have so much diversity that you don’t need to go elsewhere. The same applies for its hiking views and topography.
Also I said rafting and hiking. CA doesn’t really have good rafting. Colorado does though.
The experts put California whitewater rafting at #1. I posted the link earlier in the thread.

The experts put California whitewater rafting at #1. I posted the link earlier in the thread.

A lot of people like the rafting in California and a lot of people like it elsewhere.

A lot of people like the big city or being around a lot of people. Many of us don't.

Can you not accept that fact? Must you look down your nose at people who don't think California is all that?

Progressives are ruining California. That doesn't mean California doesn't have charm and beauty. It just means some of us feel California is a huge shithole with policies that put illegal foreign nationals above American citizens.

Just because you love something, doesn't mean it must be loved by everyone. That will never happen.

I'm looking out my suite window, and there's nothing but small mountains and desert lands in any direction I look. This certainly explains why so many of my killer shows I watch take place around here. The hide the body areas out in the desert are endless.

I'm looking out my suite window, and there's nothing but small mountains and desert lands in any direction I look. This certainly explains why so many of my killer shows I watch take place around here. The hide the body areas out in the desert are endless.
Didn’t realize that Circus Circus had suites. Good for you.

Welp, there you have it. A single person from Western NY/PA has a second home in west virginia, so that somehow magically proves your point that "so many people" from that area love it and have second homes there. My dad has a cabin on the river in Black River Wild Forest in the Adirondacks. I guess that's proof that "so many people" who live in Florida love the Black River Wild Forest and have second homes there. Moron.

Uhh, moron . . . ever heard of the Catskills or Adirondacks? Not only are they in NY, but the highest Adirondack peak is in NY, not west virginia. And, just like everything else in NY compared to west virginia, the mountains are prettier.

People in Western NY can get to those mountains just as easily as going to west virginia. So if "most feet above sea level" is the desire, they'd go there for higher.

You really are stupid, aren’t you. In fact, you’re a complete fake. You don’t even know what the word “Western” means.

The Adirondacks are over an hour further away from Buffalo than West Virginia. And the Catskills aren’t only lower than the highest mountains in West Virginia, they are infiltrated with a heavy New York City influence which is what people that like “peace and quiet” want to get away from.

It would take my sister 8 hours or more to get to someplace in the Adirondacks. She can get to her place in West Virginia in just over a couple of hours.

My main home is in Western New York. I absolutely LOVE the Adirondacks, but they are a hike and a half to get to. As a comparison, I can hop onto I-90, and then onto I-79, and get down to my sister’s West Virginia house in no time.

And for your third city, you picked freakin JAMESTOWN???????? Come on. Even you can do better than that.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 30CAT
I will say Cali is a beautiful state. One of the best family vacations we ever had (2011) consisted of staying in Monterey, heading up the SF for a few days, Yosemite, Mariposa Grove Redwoods and down to SD. Hell of a bunch of travel but great sites and memories.

No. Just different, and that's because of the more northern latitude and some Adirondack peaks being above the tree line*. But I'd put the view at Roaring Plains or from the North Fork Trail up against any view in the mountains of NY.

*There's a geologic difference between the Adirondacks and Appalachians, which is also fascinating to me and worth comparing, so they aren't even the same chain, but that's getting too deep for this crowd of the poorly educated.
Looking out over Germany Valley in WV is one of the prettiest spots in the country, IMO.

I alway wonder who comes up with these lists. Is it someone who has visited all 50 states and seen what they have to offer? I was just thinking about North Dakota in mid January. Bet that is a lot of fun.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I alway wonder who comes up with these lists. Is it someone who has visited all 50 states and seen what they have to offer? I was just thinking about North Dakota in mid January. Bet that is a lot of fun.
i understand yore facetious comment, but, for real, i'd rather walk through hell carrying a five gallon open jug of gasoline than go to the upper midwest in the middle of january.

Reactions: greengeezer
I will give California credit for the weather at their ski resorts. I was an avid skier, and one Christmas traveled to a resort in the Sierra Mountians. Sunny enough to ski in just a sweater and bibs, but still four feet of wonderful snow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT