ADVERTISEMENT

What’s my name?...Muhammad Ali

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
Watching this brings back memories of just how good Ali was. His ability to duck punches without even raising his hands was amazing. And his hand speed was off the chart. Was the 60s through Tyson the greatest era in boxing?

Good win, over a sparring partner. The more I study Ali I have come to the conclusion he is perhaps also the most vastly overrated athlete of all time.

The second Liston fight is more than likely a fixed fight. He got hit... a lot. He did not have great knockout power. He had some bad losses, like to Leon Spinks. Back in his heyday heavyweights fought with 8 oz gloves, today they fight with 12.

Vastly talented of course. Very popular because of his ability to talk. Not saying he is not great, but some of it over inflated.

Good win, over a sparring partner. The more I study Ali I have come to the conclusion he is perhaps also the most vastly overrated athlete of all time.

The second Liston fight is more than likely a fixed fight. He got hit... a lot. He did not have great knockout power. He had some bad losses, like to Leon Spinks. Back in his heyday heavyweights fought with 8 oz gloves, today they fight with 12.

Vastly talented of course. Very popular because of his ability to talk. Not saying he is not great, but some of it over inflated.

Disagree. But what are your thoughts on Cassius Clay?

ADVERTISEMENT