ADVERTISEMENT

What Are the Chances Someone With Covid Requires Hospitalization?

most people will not need to be hospitalised as a result of contracting COVID. The issue is that a certain number will require specialty care such as ICU. Add that to normal maladies and therein lies the challenge. I work for a large system (Columbus) in a satellite hospital (Athens) and can tell you we are strained. We are currently converting two Physician offices into additional ICU rooms due to current demand. I could say more but think you get the point

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
most people will not need to be hospitalised as a result of contracting COVID. The issue is that a certain number will require specialty care such as ICU. Add that to normal maladies and therein lies the challenge. I work for a large system (Columbus) in a satellite hospital (Athens) and can tell you we are strained. We are currently converting two Physician offices into additional ICU rooms due to current demand. I could say more but think you get the point
Collecting those government bounties for every positive case? :rolleyes:

If you’re not in a risk group extremely low.
My guess without looking it up is around an eighth of a percent for the population as a whole.

I bring this up mainly because of the results from a poll in The NY Times that Bill Maher referenced. Admittedly, I thought it was about twice as high as the real number.

Collecting those government bounties for every positive case? :rolleyes:
not sure if you are kidding around or not. I will say based on my personal experience the ones we are admitting have been very sick. We are bursting at the seems with almost 100% capacity day after day for weeks now

not sure if you are kidding around or not. I will say based on my personal experience the ones we are admitting have been very sick. We are bursting at the seems with almost 100% capacity day after day for weeks now
that-was-sarcasm-sarcastic.gif

ADVERTISEMENT