ADVERTISEMENT

What if one of these days statues of MLK JR get removed?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Dont say it couldnt happen. Just saying. Feelings change or power changes. You never know.

I can almost guarantee you that an MLK statue will be removed, or at the very least, severely damaged. Some people will see that as getting even. I figure it will happen in the very near future.

Personally, I'm not offended by statues representing our history. There's even one of a Frenchman in my hometown.

Of course, I'm not black, homosexual, or a liberal, so I'm not easily offended.

I'm of the mindset, if I don't like something, I just don't pay it no attention, and move along.

Like I said, terrible analogy. King was not violent or divisive, and is generally well-respected and liked, regardless of race or political affiliation. The same can't be said for those who championed the Confederacy. I'm not taking one side or the other, but those are unequal comparisons.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Like I said, terrible analogy. King was not violent or divisive, and is generally well-respected and liked, regardless of race or political affiliation. The same can't be said for those who championed the Confederacy. I'm not taking one side or the other, but those are unequal comparisons.
So do you think we should change the names of major military bases. Jefferson and Washington owned slaves

He we are in 2017 worried about a damn statue that nobody paid attention to for 70 years

Yes, he was peaceful, but c'mon man. You think King was not divisive, and was well respected by "most" during his era??? Talking about "erasing" history.

Reactions: i am herdman
I misspoke. Of course he was divisive during the civil rights movement, but I don't think anyone would consider him devisive today. Unless that person were an intolerant, racist, bigot, that is. To equate King, who peacefully sought unity for all people, to military leaders engaged in open rebellion against the U.S. based primarily on a racist economy/ideology is ignorant.

A closer analogy would be a statue of someone like Malcolm X who was more racist and mitant in his views.

I don't think anyone would consider him devisive today

I understand that, but generally speaking, I don't consider any 150 year old statue "divisive" today either.

Should we start justifying book burning as it relates to historical remembrance?

I thought the removal of the Confederate flag over a state capital was spot on. The removal of statues is another matter.The removal of history is not a good thing. Even a painful one.Will every plaque or cemetery headstone with a reference to Lee or Davis now be on the chopping block?Are their paintings of any of these guys in the Smithsonian? If so rip them off the wall.Next we will have schools renamed. Washington and Lee and Millshaps to name a few are next. And while we are at it lets get rid of William and Mary since we fought 2 wars with England. I am shocked we have a school called Duke named after a tobacco baron. Tobacco has harmed untold millions over the years.Personally I couldn't give a flip about any of the statues. I just think we are opening a can of worms that has no ceiling.

Last edited:
You remove a MLK statue you will see a bigger fight than saturday. Then again I dont think MLK STATUE should be taken down. The trouble surrounding bro King was brought on my white people. They wanted blacks to keep their heads down and dont speak unless spoken to. I myself had I been black would have been more a malcomn X man

Reactions: Herd Fever
There's a statue of Lenin in Seattle. Leftists can start there.

Leftists generally stand for enslaved masses to the state. Communism is a perfect system.....(unless it results in a supposed "interference" plot that doesn't get their worthless presidential candidate elected)

I thought Lee was famous for his knowledge as a military leader. He only fought for the south because he was from the south. He went to military school with most all union leaders didnt he? Looking at it from that point of view Lee's monuments should be left alone.

There's a statue of Lenin in Seattle. Leftists can start there.

You'll have a point about that statue when the cons start painting Robert E. Lee statues to look like John Lennon, or painted as a clown, or dressed in custom red dresses.

I understand that, but generally speaking, I don't consider any 150 year old statue "divisive" today either.

Should we start justifying book burning as it relates to historical remembrance?

actually most of them are less than 100 years old, they were erected during the jim crow era.

either way, gather them all up and put them in historical museums instead of on public grounds, in courthouses, etc. these men were literal traitors to the united states of america.

Reactions: Herd Fever
either way, gather them all up and put them in historical museums instead of on public grounds, in courthouses, etc. these men were literal traitors to the united states of america.

I will remember this comment as the attempts/efforts by many of the same, tear the statues down crowd, in California move through the process of succeeding from the union.

there were quite a few civil war monuments 100 years ago:

6o72yxJ.png

but after about 1925 they started popping up more and more...

cqQbXL9.png

You'll have a point about that statue when the cons start painting Robert E. Lee statues to look like John Lennon, or painted as a clown, or dressed in custom red dresses.

You'll have a point when it's only the Lenin statue that gets painted as a clown or dressed in costumes. It's an artistic community and the locals decorate multiple statues, they aren't specifically targeting Lenin.

You'll have a point when it's only the Lenin statue that gets painted as a clown or dressed in costumes. It's an artistic community and the locals decorate multiple statues, they aren't specifically targeting Lenin.

I have a point until the cons start painting Robert E. Lee statues to look like John Lennon, or painted as a clown, or dressed in custom red dresses. Until then, you don't.

So murderous dictator statues are ok so long as they are dressed up as hippies?!?

I have a point until the cons start painting Robert E. Lee statues to look like John Lennon, or painted as a clown, or dressed in custom red dresses. Until then, you don't.

You're trying to have your little gotcha moment, but it isn't happening. Every statue and sculpture is painted for gay pride day, dressed up for parades, strung with lights during the holidays... They aren't making a point of belittling Lenin, it's just another canvas to them.

Reactions: mlblack16.
So do you think we should change the names of major military bases. Jefferson and Washington owned slaves

He we are in 2017 worried about a damn statue that nobody paid attention to for 70 years

No, confederate soldiers was traitors to the Union.

I misspoke. Of course he was divisive during the civil rights movement, but I don't think anyone would consider him devisive today. Unless that person were an intolerant, racist, bigot, that is. To equate King, who peacefully sought unity for all people, to military leaders engaged in open rebellion against the U.S. based primarily on a racist economy/ideology is ignorant.

A closer analogy would be a statue of someone like Malcolm X who was more racist and mitant in his views.

Actually Malcolm wasn't racist, he just preached on how Blacks needed to stop depending on the white man, do for self, and lift yourself from the White Oppression.

What's your reasoning for getting them removed. It's not like he was a traitor of this country and committed acts of Treason.
My point is things can change and one of these mlk jr and his statues could be removed. For whatever reason.

You remove a MLK statue you will see a bigger fight than saturday. Then again I dont think MLK STATUE should be taken down. The trouble surrounding bro King was brought on my white people. They wanted blacks to keep their heads down and dont speak unless spoken to. I myself had I been black would have been more a malcomn X man

MLK was an Adulter, a Coon, and a false Prophet. I wouldn't call him an Uncle Tom but he was close to one.

I'm a Malcolm X/Marcus Garvey type

Actually the united states said otherwise after the war

Yea because they wanted to do everything that was possible to bring the country back together.

If they would have been tried as the treasonous War Criminals that they was. We wouldn't have these issues in 2017.

Yea because they wanted to do everything that was possible to bring the country back together.

If they would have been tried as the treasonous War Criminals that they was. We wouldn't have these issues in 2017.
Are you that dumb?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT