ADVERTISEMENT

What is the Herd Men's Soccer success backstory?

AmeriKenny

Gold Buffalo
Feb 20, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Sorry if this was already discussed elsewhere in the forum. If someone has a link, please post it so I can read an article or what not.

As we know in NCAA Men's Basketball, getting into the conference tourney is relatively difficult, then having a NCAA tourney berth is even more difficult. Does the same apply to NCAA Men's Soccer? How did things play out? How did Men's soccer get to the point that they could even qualify for the soccer "Big Dance"? We know the rest is history.

…..AK……as I understand it, just like in basketball CUSA is guaranteed 1 entry into the soccer field. Unlike a “normal” season, the conference tourney was scrapped, leaving it to the regular season champ. Our final game vs Charlotte sealed the deal for the Herd. If we had lost or even tied the 49rs, they would have received the auto bid. As it happened, UNCC got an at-large invite. I think the difference (going out on a limb here) is that we came in with a higher seed….

Reactions: AmeriKenny
…..AK……as I understand it, just like in basketball CUSA is guaranteed 1 entry into the soccer field. Unlike a “normal” season, the conference tourney was scrapped, leaving it to the regular season champ. Our final game vs Charlotte sealed the deal for the Herd. If we had lost or even tied the 49rs, they would have received the auto bid. As it happened, UNCC got an at-large invite. I think the difference (going out on a limb here) is that we came in with a higher seed….
CUSA is one of the better soccer conferences. We got 3 schools into the NCAA tournament this year.

ADVERTISEMENT