ADVERTISEMENT

What would a true " Son of Marshall" do after a humiliating loss to Queen's college?

Tonycried2

Bronze Buffalo
Jun 25, 2008
1) Resign immediately!
2) Make absurd excuses about the opponents skill and experience!

Since you asked. The status of this program has not changed for the whole DD era. He has a .500 record against weak competition. He is phoning it in. He, much like CH, wins a lot of press conferences. Once, from 4th place, he had an 8 day hot streak. That is all you can say.

It is well past time to move on.

It was always implied that this would be his last season(hence the one year deal), barring a miracle 2018 like run. They'll let him go out on his terms and remove himself with dignity.
....but do we have assurance that he will ride of into the sunset after another horrid season? If we can't beat Queen's it seems fair to assume that everybody left on our absurd OOC slate is very capable of beating us and we'll be below .500 again! I'm for letting him leave with dignity in March and getting a young guy in here to rebuild but it has to be understood that he's gone in March!

....but do we have assurance that he will ride of into the sunset after another horrid season? If we can't beat Queen's it seems fair to assume that everybody left on our absurd OOC slate is very capable of beating us and we'll be below .500 again! I'm for letting him leave with dignity in March and getting a young guy in here to rebuild but it has to be understood that he's gone in March!
I'd say he'll either decide to retire; or he'll be made aware that it is time for a change and how does he want to go out. jmo

He will retire and we will hire someone on the staff.
200w.gif

Retention of DD for as long as DD wants to and is physically able to coach WAS a precondition of CS getting this job. Period.

When DD finally leaves, HE, and NOT CS, will choose his successor. That will be a staff member.

This is a token effort.

Reactions: HerdyGurdyMan
Retention of DD for as long as DD wants to and is physically able to coach WAS a precondition of CS getting this job. Period.

When DD finally leaves, HE, and NOT CS, will choose his successor. That will be a staff member.

This is a token effort.
Proof or STFU. I don't give a crap if his sister is on the BOG. She is only one of 10+, there is no way any of what you typed is close to being accurate - not that anyone on this board expects accuracy from you.

Proof or STFU. I don't give a crap if his sister is on the BOG. She is only one of 10+, there is no way any of what you typed is close to being accurate - not that anyone on this board expects accuracy from you.
You type your own proof.

His sister is on the BOG.

All the proof you need. Except of course, this question:

Would any sane and logical person who is qualified to be an AD at a DI level college employ DD?

Since CS most certainly is a sane and logical person who is qualified, we must then question why DD is employed here. It CANNOT be because of qualifications. Therefore it is logical to know the fix is in.

When you go to a chicken fight, and the duck wins, the mob is running the chicken fight.

You type your own proof.

His sister is on the BOG.

All the proof you need. Except of course, this question:

Would any sane and logical person who is qualified to be an AD at a DI level college employ DD?

Since CS most certainly is a sane and logical person who is qualified, we must then question why DD is employed here. It CANNOT be because of qualifications. Therefore it is logical to know the fix is in.

When you go to a chicken fight, and the duck wins, the mob is running the chicken fight.
So to sum up, you have nothing but the rambling mess you just typed.
His sister being on the BOG is 1 person out of many. If anything DD is just a lucky old man with the timing of the hiring of Spears AND Smith. Dude wasn't going to come in and end his introductory press conference and schedule another announcing the firing of DD. Was the BOG involved with that decision? Likely, as any one with any shred of sense would encourage a new hire to not make any major decisions before you have had time to warm your seat. Did they mandate what Spears could do with DD in the future? Nope. Did they tell Spears he would have to let DD choose his successor? Absolutely nope. Remember, DD is here because of Hamrick and his "ability" to hire coaches and/or inability to get who he wanted but settled for DD. This mess is not on Spears, but he will make the change.

It was always implied that this would be his last season(hence the one year deal), barring a miracle 2018 like run. They'll let him go out on his terms and remove himself with dignity.
Was it though? You'd think they'd be making a big deal out of it and giving him a victory lap sendoff season. At the very least I don't think they know what they want to do, but it wouldn't shock me at all to see him just get a series of 1yr deal until he wants to be done.

Was it though? You'd think they'd be making a big deal out of it and giving him a victory lap sendoff season. At the very least I don't think they know what they want to do, but it wouldn't shock me at all to see him just get a series of 1yr deal until he wants to be done.
This hits the nail on the head, let him take a bow and get gifted rocking chair's this season as we play below .500 again. But it has to be understood and announced that he's gone in March of 2013.

Our BB program was in shambles when we hired DD. He gave us some life and I’ll use the word “credibility “. An honest and clean program and Jon Elmore. I was happy a “son of Marshall“ was in charge. Now however we need to win so something has to be done and I’m sure it will be done but after this disappointing season.

Our BB program was in shambles when we hired DD. He gave us some life and I’ll use the word “credibility “. An honest and clean program and Jon Elmore. I was happy a “son of Marshall“ was in charge. Now however we need to win so something has to be done and I’m sure it will be done but after this disappointing season.

Yes, Dan sparked us a bit and was a past great player for us who deserves to go out his year with all honor no, matter how many games we win this year! But the hillbilly ball thing is simply tired and not working at this point. March, 2023 has to be the finish line.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Yes, Dan sparked us a bit and was a past great player for us who deserves to go out his year with all honor no, matter how many games we win this year! But the hillbilly ball thing is simply tired and not working at this point. March, 2023 has to be the finish line.

It appears the writing is on the wall and this season will be Dan’s last. The right thing to do is give him the opportunity to retire at the end of the season and go out on good terms. Despite the past few seasons, the joy and excitement he gave us in the NCAA tourney run is something I’ll never forget.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
What would a true Son of Marshall do?

Apologize vehemently for the coaching embarrassment of the last two seasons and fall on his sword.

THIS Son of Marshall?

Coast through the rest of another garbage year and retire to his cabin, sit in his rocking chair by the fire with his crone JJ and tell hyuck hyuck jokes to amuse themselves.

Answer to the Original Question: Change T-shirt and skinny jeans for the next game!!!

What ALL of us should do....Get pumped for season home opener! What happened at Queens will be the WTF moment on an otherwise stellar season! Lol

As long as DD is on the floor with our boys.... we will cheer our lungs out. When the time has comes for him to retire...we will miss him in that 304 t-shirt (but time for change is here).

He did get us to the tournament with a memorable season.

Go Herd!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT