ADVERTISEMENT

What's happened to Loop???

Herd-nificent

Gold Buffalo
Mar 13, 2007
Will the real Austin Loop please return to the area ..........the last several games he has disappeared.

Well even though he has come a long way and is finishing a nice career he is what he is, a standstill jump shooter who can easily be taken out of the game if the opponent makes that a game plan. His value is to do that the defense must dedicate a man to stay in his face which can open up driving lanes and options for Elmore and others. I believe the threat of Loop scoring was as valuable as his production. I'd admire the young man a true STUDENT athlete.

Well even though he has come a long way and is finishing a nice career he is what he is, a standstill jump shooter who can easily be taken out of the game if the opponent makes that a game plan. His value is to do that the defense must dedicate a man to stay in his face which can open up driving lanes and options for Elmore and others. I believe the threat of Loop scoring was as valuable as his production. I'd admire the young man a true STUDENT athlete.

Not offering any kind of excuse, but I believe Coach D commented in post game remarks that Loop is just getting over some illness, perhaps the flu bug that has hit the Herd in last week or two.

Think he is a great representative of the university and a great story as well. But the fact remains, on the court, he is the very definition of a one trick pony. Catch and shoot open shots. He may be under the weather, but if the Defense wants to shut his water off, they just stay with him and don't help. Simple as that. Greatly reduces his shot opportunities. I don't discount his value in opening up the floor for his teammates on offense, but DD has to weigh his effectiveness in the overall game in such instances.

Think he is a great representative of the university and a great story as well. But the fact remains, on the court, he is the very definition of a one trick pony. Catch and shoot open shots. He may be under the weather, but if the Defense wants to shut his water off, they just stay with him and don't help. Simple as that. Greatly reduces his shot opportunities. I don't discount his value in opening up the floor for his teammates on offense, but DD has to weigh his effectiveness in the overall game in such instances.

Pretty much this.

Reactions: cottrell75
He's a great kid and I applaud him. But we won't miss him very much. Of the three seniors, he'll be the easiest to replace.

He exemplifies what it means to be a student athlete. He earned his athletic scholarship through hard work on the court. He is making the most of his scholarship being an honor student with a double major from the College of Science in Biomechanics and Exercise Science. He will be missed as a role model for others in the basketball program and the leadership he has shown. He has been an asset in every respect.

Not offering any kind of excuse, but I believe Coach D commented in post game remarks that Loop is just getting over some illness, perhaps the flu bug that has hit the Herd in last week or two.
He went through 2-3 weeks of sickness. At practice he would struggle for air. He did bounce back at Charlotte last week with 5 made 3's. He told me at practice Tuesday he was feeling MUCH better.

I sit right behind the bench and over the last few games I've witnessed him yelling back in disgust at the coaching staff. Would not have expected it out of him. I haven't seen any other players do this this year. Just an observation.

I hope the AD is pushing him to be at the 3 point contest at the Final 4 at the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT