ADVERTISEMENT

When are you looking for Doc to announce Coordinators?

WVU1975

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
Feb 7 is signing day. Less than a month now. I would think he needs them in place asap.

I would say by next Monday or so we will all know... The coaching conference ends Friday.

Here is the next OC
I have said all along Doc wants someone he trusts and would stay in house. Why? I know some on these board are defending Litton about knowing the offense and working hard, but the facts remain the kid still cant put up numbers. Bringing in a new OC with a new system is a huge set back for Litton because again, Chase is having a hard time with the current system let alone trying to learn something new.

Reactions: 31Herd55
If we hire Goebell as OC, fans will revolt as will I. This is.a hire Doc has to get right. With all the issues with Legg and fans and donors wanting him gone, they can't go out and just promote on this hire. If they do and also had promoted Fuller and the team implodes next year, Doc will be finished. You have to hit a home run on this hire.

Reactions: HerdFan73
If we hire Goebell as OC, fans will revolt as will I. This is.a hire Doc has to get right. With all the issues with Legg and fans and donors wanting him gone, they can't go out and just promote on this hire. If they do and also had promoted Fuller and the team implodes next year, Doc will be finished. You have to hit a home run on this hire.

It doesn’t matter who the coaches are. All Doc has to do is win. It doesn’t matter if we score 10, 50, or 100 as long as we win. It solves everything.

It doesn’t matter who the coaches are. All Doc has to do is win. It doesn’t matter if we score 10, 50, or 100 as long as we win. It solves everything.

There have been quite a few people on here who have complained about not being exciting. Some have even said they'd rather see us lose and be an exciting team than win and be a boring team.

Winning doesn't solve everything when you have an unreasonable fan base like this.

There have been quite a few people on here who have complained about not being exciting. Some have even said they'd rather see us lose and be an exciting team than win and be a boring team.

Winning doesn't solve everything when you have an unreasonable fan base like this.
I am not sure it has to do with an unreasonable fan base, the offense that was put on the field last year was just hard to watch especially when you are traveling two and a half hours and spending your hard earned money to watch it.

I am not sure it has to do with an unreasonable fan base, the offense that was put on the field last year was just hard to watch especially when you are traveling two and a half hours and spending your hard earned money to watch it.

I still don't get it! We had freshman oline, first yr running backs, transfers at wideout, a jr QB that does not have all his marbles, and won 8 games and everyone is bitching. The offense was going to improve under Legg next year with all the youth but everyone still demanded change. Well, you have change and now your bitching about change. Wow! Just wow!

Bottom line, make Litton learn a new offense was going to be a major risk and money to hire an exciting OC was going to be an issue.

Offense sells tickets. Sports is entertainment.

I really enjoy a good pitcher's duel, but most people would rather see a bunch of dongers blasted over the fence.

Such a contrast between Doc and Danny...

Sure is.

New_Mexico_Bowl_logo_starting_2011.jpg

Bitcoin-St-Petersburg-Bowl2.jpg

th

th

beef_o_bradys_logo_display_image.jpg

940x.jpg

vs.

img-thing

In dans defense half the teams in basketball dont get invited to the dance. And football is a much better situation at mu than basketball.

Dan finished 5 in the conference then he didn't get invited to a bowl game lime doc

I'm hoping its not Goebell, however, if it is, then I'll back him. Mainly because unlike most of the fanbase, who make up their minds of someone before they even do something based on literally just a name, like they're some informed group who feels they "deserve" Saban's right hand coach.
Also, when he was known to be involved in the offense, Marshall actually looked good, like Cincy...I bet he was calling many of the plays since it was so totally different from Legg's. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

However, I doubt it is, because they would have announced it since it wouldn't have required much of a search and could have been known before Legg stepped down.

My hope is its the JMU OC, he could make twice as much here, he'll have an offense who has played already and has experience, he will also have some real good athletes already, and combined with his coaching style, could easily make us a top 5 scoring team.
If we got the DC, even better as well.

But one can only hope!

Reactions: ilmherdfan
SamC, nice come back but I was talking about personalities. Also, I personally saw four of those five bowl wins!

My hope is its the JMU OC, he could make twice as much here, he'll have an offense who has played already and has experience, he will also have some real good athletes already, and combined with his coaching style, could easily make us a top 5 scoring team.
If we got the DC, even better as well.

We went over this before and you didn't respond. What is it that makes you sold on him as an FBS OC?

Last year was his first coaching QBs in 20 years.

In his first year at JMU, which was last year, his offense was 3rd in the country. This year, after having another year to install the offense and having another recruiting cycle of his guys, his offense dropped to 30th.

You mentioned his coaching style. What exactly is his coaching style? Have you sat in meetings with him, watched him instruct on the field, see how he teaches? What exactly is this coaching style you seem to know . . . or were you just giving an example of our fanbase making their minds up on something before doing any research like you were complaining about?

Here's some research for you: in his two years as OC, his offense has rushed the ball nearly 70% of the snaps.

We went over this before and you didn't respond. What is it that makes you sold on him as an FBS OC?

Last year was his first coaching QBs in 20 years.

In his first year at JMU, which was last year, his offense was 3rd in the country. This year, after having another year to install the offense and having another recruiting cycle of his guys, his offense dropped to 30th.

You mentioned his coaching style. What exactly is his coaching style? Have you sat in meetings with him, watched him instruct on the field, see how he teaches? What exactly is this coaching style you seem to know . . . or were you just giving an example of our fanbase making their minds up on something before doing any research like you were complaining about?

Here's some research for you: in his two years as OC, his offense has rushed the ball nearly 70% of the snaps.

He wins.

AGREE......

Zilla22

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT