ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s Sam?

I've been out of town, working for a living.

We avoided Loser Lambert, and got an untried 37 year old position coach, who apparently has had success in the oh so difficult job of convincing 5* to attend Alabama.

It may be an A+ hire, or a F hire, or something in between. No one has any reason to have any opinion at all on the subject, as the man's resume is essentially blank. But he should know, and I am certain he does, that this fan base does not have his back, expects to win every game, considers that no accomplishment, and will turn on him if he does anything less.

We avoided Loser Lambert, and got an untried 37 year old position coach, who apparently has had success in the oh so difficult job of convincing 5* to attend Alabama.

It may be an A+ hire, or a F hire, or something in between. No one has any reason to have any opinion at all on the subject, as the man's resume is essentially blank. But he should know, and I am certain he does, that this fan base does not have his back, expects to win every game, considers that no accomplishment, and will turn on him if he does anything less.
You're miserable. I don't know if your life is easy or miserable seeing how you appear to not have any aspirations because the thought of Marshall fans having aspirations seems to make you depressed. Which makes me wonder why you're even here in the first place.

again I’ll ask, why are you a Marshall fan?

I'm here because I love MU and MU sports. I understand just what an accomplishment it is for a school our size to even be in I-A, let alone be the consistent winner we have been. I respect CUSA (in football) and understand and am proud of our history.

The people who hate on CUSA, who expect automatic victories, and consider it nothing to do so, and who, should this coach turn in less than perfect results (which is what any reasonable observer should expect) are not "aspirational" they are delusional. Nothing that ever happens here, no matter who is in charge, will ever suit. And, thus they will run off this coach just like the previous. They don't have his back.

I'm here because I love MU and MU sports. I understand just what an accomplishment it is for a school our size to even be in I-A, let alone be the consistent winner we have been. I respect CUSA (in football) and understand and am proud of our history.

The people who hate on CUSA, who expect automatic victories, and consider it nothing to do so, and who, should this coach turn in less than perfect results (which is what any reasonable observer should expect) are not "aspirational" they are delusional. Nothing that ever happens here, no matter who is in charge, will ever suit. And, thus they will run off this coach just like the previous. They don't have his back.
Yes we should just be happy to win one game a season. poor poor pathetic marshall.

Are you on meds?

We get it, you were the miserable kid who everybody picked on, but that doesn't mean your lack of self-esteem has to permeate everything you should be enjoying.

The only one on this board who sees Marshall as some miserable program, and therefore should not expect anything good to come from it is you. Do you see the problem with this?

Reactions: caliherd
I respect CUSA (in football)

How can you say that with a straight face? C-USA has been the worst FBS conference over the last three years. What the fvck is there to respect about that? We've been passed by the Sun Belt and MAC. Nearly a quarter of the other 13 teams in the conference were without a football program within the past dozen years. Let me say that again: 23% of the other C-USA teams have been absent of a football team within the past dozen years.

How can you say that with a straight face? C-USA has been the worst FBS conference over the last three years. What the fvck is there to respect about that? We've been passed by the Sun Belt and MAC. Nearly a quarter of the other 13 teams in the conference were without a football program within the past dozen years. Let me say that again: 23% of the other C-USA teams have been absent of a football team within the past dozen years.
Because we're just lucky to be here man. They're doing us a solid by just letting us hang around. We're actually a D-II program.

Sam, for the record, we didn't run the last coach off. We asked him to coach our football team for "x" number of years. No more, no less. When that contract expired, we decided to move in another direction. It's not a one way street. What would have been your stance if it had been Doc who had said at the end of the current contract that he was going to go in another direction? Amirite?

We ran the "last coach" off. Because the rotten superfan segment of the fan base can not accept that:

- CUSA is a legit conference and beating our conference mates is not an automatic.

- Marshall is supposed to win, because its Marshall (AKA, the childlike views of a child fan)

This coach, like the "last coach" will almost certainly fall short of the perfection (but not an accomplishment) the rotten superfans expect. And then...?

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
We ran the "last coach" off. Because the rotten superfan segment of the fan base can not accept that:

- CUSA is a legit conference and beating our conference mates is not an automatic.

- Marshall is supposed to win, because its Marshall (AKA, the childlike views of a child fan)

This coach, like the "last coach" will almost certainly fall short of the perfection (but not an accomplishment) the rotten superfans expect. And then...?
I'm not asking for "perfection." I'm just asking that we not quit after 70% of the season is completed. Yes, CUSA is a "legit" conference, albeit on the lowest rung of that ladder.

Update on Sam's condition:

17bb503e59c61eafc4eddd949e69f2d46535d7e4r1-300-220_00.gif

Moderator warning for still hanging on Doc's nut sack.

Reactions: 19MU88

Sam says we got an untried position coach. He was also an associate head coach (recruiter). Hey, that sounds like Doc's resume. But this guy won't be any good. I like our chances. If he's as good as he talks, we're definitely going to be successful. I'm all in on Huff's Herd.

Reactions: rammer101
ADVERTISEMENT