ADVERTISEMENT

Where Was Inflation At When Biden Took Office?

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
Someone help me out here, what was inflation at when Biden took office? Do me a favor & site a source (if you would) so I can use that same data source to look at where they have inflation today. That way it's an apples to apples comparison.

Greed must be wearing down...doesn't even have energy to respond with a lie like usual.
I'm not asking for anything crazy. I'm even letting whoever wants to respond give a number & a source. I get the feeling I know why no Biden supporters have responded yet.

Someone help me out here, what was inflation at when Biden took office? Do me a favor & site a source (if you would) so I can use that same data source to look at where they have inflation today. That way it's an apples to apples comparison.
inflation is up 19.6% from Jan 2020 until Jan 2024

Reactions: 19MU88
inflation is up 19.6% from Jan 2020 until Jan 2024

Now, explain where it should be after four years, historically.

What you deplorables fail to understand is that this belief that inflation is out of control is not based in reality. Normal inflation would be about 12% instead of the 19% quoted. That's not huge, out of control inflation.

We've been waiting three years for this horrible recession, yet it hasn't hit. There are plenty of things to get in Biden about, but this isn't one of them. The feds have done a solid job of avoiding a recession.

What you deplorables fail to understand is that this belief that inflation is out of control is not based in reality. Normal inflation would be about 12% instead of the 19% quoted. That's not huge, out of control inflation

Wait…the actual number being more than 150% of what it “would” be isn’t huge?

Wait…the actual number being more than 150% of what it “would” be isn’t huge?

No, that's not how math works. This is elementary level shit. Christ, this is embarrassing for you. Why do you bankers struggle so much with basic math? I have only seen it from you and Banker, and since Geaux also liked your post, I am going to blame it on a lifelong WV education instead of being bankers.

If it is currently 19% and it would normally be 12%, that isn't "being more than 150% of what it would be." It would only be 58% more of what it would normally be.

To dumb it down for you:
1) Normally, it would be 12%
2) It is 19%
3) To determine how much more it is compared to what it would normally be, you subtract 12 from 19. You take that number (7) and divide it by 12.

My god. Every once in a while, I observe growth in intelligence from posters on here, and many times, I take responsibility for that. 30Kitty is one example. When he first came here many years ago, it was awful. In almost every post of his, I called out a logic error with his arguments. He eventually got better.

But then, like in this instance, I feel like no matter how hard I try, some of you just won't get any smarter.

Geaux, don't leave your fellow deplorable out to dry. Feel free to explain how you would like his post which had an obvious and major math/logic error.

No, that's not how math works. This is elementary level shit. Christ, this is embarrassing for you. Why do you bankers struggle so much with basic math? I have only seen it from you and Banker, and since Geaux also liked your post, I am going to blame it on a lifelong WV education instead of being bankers.

If it is currently 19% and it would normally be 12%, that isn't "being more than 150% of what it would be." It would only be 58% more of what it would normally be.

To dumb it down for you:
2) It is 19%
3) To determine how much more it is compared to what it would normally be, you subtract 12 from 19. You take that number (7) and divide it by 12.

My god. Every once in a while, I observe growth in intelligence from posters on here, and many times, I take responsibility for that. 30Kitty is one example. When he first came here many years ago, it was awful. In almost every post of his, I called out a logic error with his arguments. He eventually got better.

But then, like in this instance, I feel like no matter how hard I try, some of you just won't get any smarter.

Geaux, don't leave your fellow deplorable out to dry. Feel free to explain how you would like his post which had an obvious and major math/logic error.

You wrote all that, and you didn’t even read what I said.

I said 19% is “more than 150% of” 12%, which it is.

I didn’t say 19% is “150% more than” 12%, because it’s not.

Why don’t you learn basic reading comprehension before you accuse others of needing the same.

Last edited:

To dumb it down for you:
2) It is 19%

Inflation was below 2 to 2.2 under Trump with affordable interest rates and cheaper fuel prices. It’s been 3.5 to 7 under Biden with expensive fuel and high interest rates we haven’t seen since Bill Clinton was in office. No matter how you want to slice the pie, inflation under trump-good. Inflation under Biden-bad.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
The inflation rate in 2020, Trumps last year, was 1.2%

2021 was 4.7%
2022 was 8%
2023 was 4.1%

The fed target rate is 2%, so Biden has been 235%, 400% and 205% of that target. Trump’s high was 2.1% and his average was under 2%.

Dp-jJX.gif

SamSwimmer said:
Someone help me out here, what was the Unemployment Rate, Labor Force Participation Rate, Disposable Income, stock market, GDP, number of people employed, at when Biden took office?

2021 was 4.7%
2022 was 8%
2023 was 4.1%

The fed target rate is 2%, so Biden has been 235%, 400% and 205% of that target. Trump’s high was 2.1% and his average was under 2%.
Basically what you are saying is, is that we were better off under Trump.

Reactions: KyMUfan
SamSwimmer said:
Someone help me out here, what was the Unemployment Rate, Labor Force Participation Rate, Disposable Income, stock market, GDP, number of people employed, at when Biden took office?

You wrote all that, and you didn’t even read what I said.

I said 19% is “more than 150% of” 12%, which it is.

I didn’t say 19% is “150% more than” 12%, because it’s not.

Why don’t you learn basic reading comprehension before you accuse others of needing the same.
Uh huh. That's why you edited it twice.

You should have just gone with "I fvcked up." Instead, you showed a bigger issue: an inability to use statistics logically. Nobody looks at inflation with the calculation you [incorrectly and mistakenly] presented, because it doesn't make sense logically to do that.

under Biden with high interest rates
It's awesome, isn't it?! Money is piling on top of each other with these elevated interest rates that investment accounts are throwing at clients. I hope it never ends.

2021 was 4.7%
2022 was 8%
2023 was 4.1%
What a great way to look at it. That would be like you destroying a house a year after buying it, then having to sell it for -50% and claiming your real estate agent was awful.

Basically what you are saying is, is that we were better off under Trump.
Only the poors. It's been great for me.

But I didn’t. You did, clearly.

Don’t try to turn it around on me because you didn’t read my statement properly.
Why continue to lie?

Let's look at your quote with the numbers added in:

Wait…the actual number (19) being more than 150% of what it “would” (12) be isn’t huge?

In other words, you're saying that 19 is more than 150% of 12. That's not how math works, Big Dummy. As I said, 19 is only 58% more than 12.

Again, this is very basic stuff. This thread is proving so much of what I have railed on for years on this board. On top of that major fvck-up by you, it's also an illogical way to analyze data. I know what you're trying to say. You're just saying it wrong, on top of it being an illogical way to look at what we are discussing.

"Ah hell with it. I will just accuse them of being wrong."
By all means, explain how his comment is accurate.

In other words, you're saying that 19 is more than 150% of 12. That's not how math works, Big Dummy. As I said, 19 is only 58% more than 12.

Before you dig yourself a bigger hole, ask yourself what 150% of 12 is. The answer is 18. Now, ask yourself if 19 is more than 18. The answer is yes. So, is 19 more than 150% of 12. That answer is also yes.

That was the quick, on the spot, math that I did in my head at the time I made the original post. I didn’t whip out my calculator to get the exact number so I stated the number by using that phrase specifically. I can’t help that you completely misinterpreted what I said because you didn’t read it thoroughly enough.

19 is more than 150% of 12 and it’s also 58% more than 12. Those are two completely factual, yet separate, statements. They have nothing to do with one another, and I’ve never disputed either one.

Geez rifle, take the “L” son.

Reactions: Marc22
Before you dig yourself a bigger hole, ask yourself what 150% of 12 is. The answer is 18. Now, ask yourself if 19 is more than 18. The answer is yes. So, is 19 more than 150% of 12. That answer is also yes.

That was the quick, on the spot, math that I did in my head at the time I made the original post. I didn’t whip out my calculator to get the exact number so I stated the number by using that phrase specifically. I can’t help that you completely misinterpreted what I said because you didn’t read it thoroughly enough.

19 is more than 150% of 12 and it’s also 58% more than 12. Those are two completely factual, yet separate, statements. They have nothing to do with one another, and I’ve never disputed either one.

Geez rifle, take the “L” son.
If that is what you're claiming you intended, then you are a fool when it comes to statistical analysis. When looking at inflation, why would anybody look at what you tried presenting?

If inflation is .5% in 2025 and then increases to 1.5% in 2026, no intelligent person would state that 1.5% is 300% of .5%. They would say that inflation increased by 200%.

If that is what you're claiming you intended, then you are a fool when it comes to statistical analysis. When looking at inflation, why would anybody look at what you tried presenting?

If inflation is .5% in 2025 and then increases to 1.5% in 2026, no intelligent person would state that 1.5% is 300% of .5%. They would say that inflation increased by 200%.

Ladies and gentlemen… This is as close to “I was wrong” as you’ll ever get from Riflearm. He knows.

Reactions: 19MU88
Ladies and gentlemen… This is as close to “I was wrong” as you’ll ever get from Riflearm. He knows.
The only thing I was partially wrong about was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't dumb enough to make that argument. As I said, to be intellectually honest, you'll have to argue that a jump from .5% to 1.5% inflation in one year is even bigger than "huge."

It's a horribly dumb attempt you accidentally made.

monkey-calculate.gif

Live look at a condo somewhere in SoCal.

"Ah hell with it. I will just accuse them of being wrong."
It's a 3 bed/3 bath $1 million townhouse. Want to compare total cost of our properties? It's a shame that I sold the other SoCal property already. It probably would have appreciated another $75k since I sold it.

SamSwimmer said:
Someone help me out here, what was the Unemployment Rate(6.4, now 3.9), Labor Force Participation Rate(61.4, now 62.7), stock market (30.606, now 39,387), GDP(20,724, now 22.768) number of people employed(143,443,000, now 158,286.000) at when Biden took office? So we can do an apples to apples comparison. All sources federal govt.

How’s it look when you take YE 2019 pre-pandemic numbers?

Extra’s solid stat equivalent- McDonalds sells more hamburgers at noon than they do at 4:00am. Of course they do, they’re open at noon and closed at 4:00am.

There were more people employed at the end of 2019 than there are now, almost 5 years later. The country has had zero job growth, but has 20,000,000 more people living here thanks to the Biden border.

Reactions: 19MU88 and KyMUfan
What’s odd is that me and BC both calculated the difference the same in our posts. Maybe it’s a banking thing, and we are correct.
You aren’t correct, and you know that. I gave you the example of .5 to 1.5 to show that if you simpletons couldn’t figure it out on your own.

How’s it look when you take YE 2019 pre-pandemic numbers?
UE rate: OJ 4.0
Biden 3.9

LFPR: OJ 63.3
Biden 62.7

stock market: OJ 28,859
Biden 39,387

real GDP: OJ 20,951
Biden 22.768

number employed: OJ 152,045,000
Biden 158,286,000

Now you still look stupid.^^^

Extra’s solid stat equivalent- McDonalds sells more hamburgers at noon than they do at 4:00am. Of course they do, they’re open at noon and closed at 4:00am.
In this case, McDonalds sold more burgers at 4:00 a.m. See above stats. Idiot.

The only thing I was partially wrong about was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't dumb enough to make that argument. As I said, to be intellectually honest, you'll have to argue that a jump from .5% to 1.5% inflation in one year is even bigger than "huge."

It's a horribly dumb attempt you accidentally made.

I told you to stop, but you just can’t.

You begin posting by stating a theoretical number. I responded by saying the actual number was more than 150% of your made up number.

At no point were we comparing actual growth numbers or statistics of any kind, be it year-over-year or over a four year period. I was responding to a theoretical number that you posted by stating that the actual number was much higher than that.

You completely misinterpreted what I wrote because, like the pot calling the kettle black, you struggle with reading comprehension on here…at a rate that’s astounding. Rather than admitting you were wrong, your only option was to start digging yourself a hole. Since you first replied to my comment, you‘ve dug halfway to China. Just stop.

Reactions: 19MU88 and KyMUfan
UE rate: OJ 4.0
Biden 3.9

LFPR: OJ 63.3
Biden 62.7

stock market: OJ 28,859
Biden 39,387

real GDP: OJ 20,951
Biden 22.768

number employed: OJ 152,045,000
Biden 158,286,000
Thank Xenu for Trump's low tax rates keeping us in the game this long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT