ADVERTISEMENT

Why are all these people joining ISIS?

Walden Pond

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 8, 2007
Americans. The best country in the world. Where our poor people have everything the rich have. We've got it all. And these people want to go join something where they have to dodge bullets and live in sand?

Talk about being spoiled by success. People have it so good in America that they just don't know how to handle it. This is about the worst way I can think of.

I know. What would Roger down the cul-de-sac want with them? What would entice a kid to join? It's all Islam based, when you get right down to it.

I thought it may be kind of an outcast's revenge, but how do they figure on winning? What kind of revenge is it going to be to go join a loser? Betting on outnumbered sand dwellers who can barely feed themselves. Betting on a loser. It's like if an Ohio State football player was mad at Urban Meyer and transferred to Indiana to try to get back at him.

These obviously aren't the sharpest tacks in the box.

Not meant as a defense in anyway, but the spiritual emptiness of the materialistic American culture leaves a huge whole in the psyche of men, especially, so they are drawn to what they perceive as a "serious" other worldly thing.

Sounds like a Directv commercial.

Having cable may make you join ISIS. Cable goes out. You'll be stuck at home with nothing to watch. There's nowhere to go. Nothing to do. Certainly nothing worth buying. You'll realize it was all for nothing. You'll be so upset that you wasted your life in pursuit of this nothingness that you'll join ISIS.

Don't join ISIS. Call Directv today.

Originally posted by wvkeeper(HN):
Not meant as a defense in anyway, but the spiritual emptiness of the materialistic American culture leaves a huge whole in the psyche of men, especially, so they are drawn to what they perceive as a "serious" other worldly thing.
Let's not just apply that to the USA. This is also part of why Europeans are joining.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke MU:

Originally posted by wvkeeper(HN):
Not meant as a defense in anyway, but the spiritual emptiness of the materialistic American culture leaves a huge hole in the psyche of men, especially, so they are drawn to what they perceive as a "serious" other worldly thing.
Let's not just apply that to the USA. This is also part of why Europeans are joining.
Much agreed.

Morons want to belong to something and it is better, in their minds, than the Xbox 360

Originally posted by i am herdman:
Morons want to belong to something
Belonging to nothing ain't half bad.

I could do all kinds of stupid stuff and nobody would even know or care. That's why I should just start going to random lakes in Tennessee and blow a bunch of money on those bags of popcorn they sell at the marina.

Probably would if my cable went out.

Ford_Taurus_--_07-09-2009.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT