ADVERTISEMENT

Why are sports exempt from equality of outcome?

-CarlHungus-

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 9, 2007
So here the NYT calling for ?an end to blind orchestra auditions? because we need more diversity.

I think Gladwell or Pinker had written years ago about how blind auditions were helping women, but I guess now maybe they’re not helping as much as the NYT would like?

Can’t wait to see the next op ed about how we need more white cornerbacks and shooting guards and sprinters....since now a meritocracy is not what we’re going for.

This is the natural progression of equality of outcome. It’s ugly.

I know jack shit about classical music...but have zero doubt that if you train an interested Black kid in classical music he’ll probably be really good at it. Let’s do that instead of unblinded auditions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/arts/music/blind-auditions-orchestras-race.html

never met jack but i'm pretty familiar with holy and bull.
rxJKDbwglWzON6HZJn4YU_Mft-xg-tCH81oIWgm9NtOyPibFfSJD3yYlQdMCt5e9Qu22-IqI1kWSaeBzA4IXw6YDnSFouCfh29TyLMvHlhLEWQH5rp1GY5lRYg

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Carl, this will be your 2nd thread start in two days that will be largely avoided by libs on the board. (1st: Smithsonian thread)

The left's ideology has gone so far down the "victim" track that it now openly legitimizes, reinforces and supports the bigoted stereotypes and blatant racism they claim to be fighting against.

As far as a black kid who can play classical..... Wynton Marsalis was as well known for his classical work as he was for jazz when he first appeared on the music scene years ago.

Last edited:
Carl, this will be your 2nd thread start in two days that will be largely avoided by libs on the board. (1st: Smithsonian thread)

The left's ideology has gone so far down the "victim" track that it now openly legitimizes, reinforces and supports the bigoted stereotypes and blatant racism they claim to be fighting against.
Can't get to the article because I don't subscribe to the Times. I'm not sure "the left" plays any role in putting white players into football speed positions ....nor do I believe "the left" would push for that particular outcome.

However, I agree it's sad we're not beyond this quota BS in 2020..... it's even more sad to see those marching with torches during this time.

Last edited:
Your response to Carl's assertion that we might be seeing op ed's how we need white cornerbacks....

Wrong. Try again. I wasn't responding directly to the article or "cornerbacks" Carl posted. Simply pointing out the left's bigoted and racist ideology.

My writing was poor.

It was sarcasm regarding the lack of calls for white CBs (or female garbage men or *insert whatever disproportionate/maldistributed job that doesn’t fit a narrative*).

We need to get rid of Adam’s apple Achilles’ tendon Fallopian tube and any other medical term named after man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT