ADVERTISEMENT

Will there be more than 15k in attendance for G-W?

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
Even before the way the last two weeks went I didn't assume we'd have much of a crowd given that this was pretty much a throw away game vs a second FCS team. Now add in the fact that we've looked absolutely horrible the last two weeks and it's supposed to be 58 and rainy on Saturday do you think we even get 15k in the seats for this game?

Planning on being there.
Same, I'm Pumped for the game IDC who we play!!

giphy.gif

Perfect ;-) And if you don't go to the game, you can read about it in the paper on Sunday morning. iykyk
They won't cover much of the game, they don't have enough space after all the Opioid trial news, recovery house articles, and police blotter.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
As usual the comment was taken out of context for most fans....(who likely dont even live in Htgn. but like to bitch)
Yes and no. He did say it's not easy living in Huntington and the players there chose to play here and live here. I know he wasn't intending to take a shot at Huntington, but no matter how you look at it, it doesn't paint the town in a very good light.

Yes and no. He did say it's not easy living in Huntington and the players there chose to play here and live here. I know he wasn't intending to take a shot at Huntington, but no matter how you look at it, it doesn't paint the town in a very good light.
Neither do 70% of majority of threads/posts on here.

Reactions: Aaron Perkins
I wasn't offended by that comment... I think Huff's choice of words was poor, but not intentionally derogatory.

He meant Huntington isn't a glamorous place to live (anyone disagree with that?)... There is no beach, no Hollywood Blvd, no French Quarter, etc. Guys come here to play football and go to school because Marshall is all Huntington really has.

he said 'its tough living in Huntington', He didnt say it was not easy living in Huntington.

go to the 4:50 mark

Then you will certainly be able to outline what context make such a statement acceptable.

Look forward to it.
Rhino pretty much summed it up perfectly. He wasn't slamming Htgn. We know you care so much sammy. How long has it been since you've been there.

He meant Huntington isn't a glamorous place to live (anyone disagree with that?)... There is no beach, no Hollywood Blvd, no French Quarter, etc. Guys come here to play football and go to school because Marshall is all Huntington really has

Reactions: rvntx
he said 'its tough living in Huntington', He didnt say it was not easy living in Huntington.

go to the 4:50 mark

He meant Huntington isn't a glamorous place to live (anyone disagree with that?)... There is no beach, no Hollywood Blvd, no French Quarter, etc. Guys come here to play football and go to school because Marshall is all Huntington really has

He isn't wrong.

but no matter how you look at it, it doesn't paint the town in a very good light.
IMO, only for those that walk around looking to be offended. I was born there. I lived there. I know exactly what he was saying. If I moved back there with my family from the RTP area...it would be a hard adjustment

Reactions: goherd73
I wasn't offended by that comment... I think Huff's choice of words was poor, but not intentionally derogatory.

He meant Huntington isn't a glamorous place to live (anyone disagree with that?)... There is no beach, no Hollywood Blvd, no French Quarter, etc. Guys come here to play football and go to school because Marshall is all Huntington really has.
I think our 14th Street area is very similar to the French Quarter. Dirty, smelly, old, crazies walking around. lol!

Rhino pretty much summed it up perfectly. He wasn't slamming Htgn. We know you care so much sammy. How long has it been since you've been there.

If that is the context that makes is acceptable, then fail. It was a dumb thing to say.

I’m tired of outsiders, move ins, and move aways that put down the city and the region. Huntington, and West Virginia, have their issues, Most of them self-inflicted wounds. What place doesn’t. But this isn’t Baltimore, or Youngstown, or Detroit.

If someone finds it “hard” to live here, then don’t let the screed door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

Reactions: sluggo72
My dad attended and graduated from Marshall College. He lived in an apartment in the area where the new RCByrd tech center is now located. He told me a story about buying an old second hand car and parking it behind where he lived. One day when he returned from class, he discovered the car had be stripped by thugs. He didn’t say that Huntington was a tough place to live, but I sort of got that impression.

Last edited:
If that is the context that makes is acceptable, then fail. It was a dumb thing to say.

I’m tired of outsiders, move ins, and move aways that put down the city and the region. Huntington, and West Virginia, have their issues, Most of them self-inflicted wounds. What place doesn’t. But this isn’t Baltimore, or Youngstown, or Detroit.

If someone finds it “hard” to live here, then don’t let the screed door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.
Great. When do you actually intend on moving back permanently hypocrite?

This is the problem with WV as a whole: “I’m tired of move ins, outsiders and move aways.” It’s one of the main reasons WV withered away. A closed minded bigotry that gets offended and doesn’t look at comments like this as an opportunity to change and get better

it wasn’t a dumb thing to say. It’s reasonable when you consider Huff leaving a culturally diverse environment he pulled his family from. No one expects you to understand that.

Did I ask you when you plan on going back for good??

This is the problem with WV as a whole: “I’m tired of move ins, outsiders and move aways.” It’s one of the main reasons WV withered away. A closed minded bigotry that gets offended and doesn’t look at comments like this as an opportunity to change and get better

it wasn’t a dumb thing to say. It’s reasonable when you consider Huff leaving a culturally diverse environment he pulled his family from. No one expects you to understand that.

I thought he came from Tuscaloosa

… doesn’t look at comments like this as an opportunity to change and get better
Yes, when one thinks of a model society, Alabama certainly comes to mind. That and north east Maryland. Baltimore is really lovely.
I never left.

Reactions: Elkview
You don’t think Tuscaloosa is more culturally diverse than Huntington WV?

on the topic of culturally diverse...Tuscaloosa vs Huntington doesn't interest me in the least to debate. I certainly wouldn't hold it up as an example of great cultural diversity.

Just for a start, Tuscaloosa has too many syllables to pronounce for me to ever want to live there.

Reactions: Elkview
on the topic of culturally diverse...Tuscaloosa vs Huntington doesn't interest me in the least to debate. I certainly wouldn't hold it up as an example of great cultural diversity.
I’m not surprised. Youre not a highly paid black man moving your family to a community that’s 85% white with an even larger % of blacks in Htgn being poor.

you operate on alot of assumptions. still not an interesting topic. shall we assume you are a highly paid black man that has moved from this 85% white community to the more diverse area of Raleigh based on your interest in this subject?

Reactions: herd4life5 (HN)
I never left.
Sure you have. You didn’t seem to know if the McDonald’s was still behind the stadium a couple of weeks ago. Lie much?

Yes, when one thinks of a model society, Alabama certainly comes to mind. That and north east Maryland. Baltimore is really lovely.

who was claiming it was a “model” society? You’re trying too hard here Sammy. The fact that parts of Maryland continues to grow and even Tuscaloosa Co has seen significant growth in population the last couple of years points to greater opportunity there currently.

Again. Quit with your fake outrage at defending WV. The declines in population in the region over the years isn’t lying. I’m not saying things can’t get better, can’t improve. Brad Smith is an example of what and who it’s going to take to get it done. It’s going to take people with either wealth or people willing to take risk to do it. Of course, the countless skeptics in that region will undoubtedly start with “outsider wanting change” bitching. (Just like you’ve already done in this thread).

you operate on alot of assumptions. still not an interesting topic. shall we assume you are a highly paid black man that has moved from this 85% white community to the more diverse area of Raleigh based on your interest in this subject?
What was I assuming? That I understand what a diverse community could mean to a minority family that left one behind.

honestly, I would have thought it was easy for you to deduce the assumptions I was referring to based on my response. guess not.

honestly, I would have thought it was easy for you to deduce the assumptions I was referring to based on my response. guess not.
I understand perfectly what your assumption comment was referring too. I was giving you a chance to offer a legitimate rebuttal to my assertions.

ADVERTISEMENT