ADVERTISEMENT

WKU MBB

herdfan93

Bronze Buffalo
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2003
watched their game at Washington last night. Bearden is academically ineligible,2 other were arrested in the last few days for marajuana and one was arrested for disorderly conduct.

Reactions: Herdmeister
Yeah but is he doing it the right way well enough to consistently beat teams doing it the wrong way?

WKU has a dramatic advantage over us in all sports, because their administration absolutely does not GAF.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Yeah but is he doing it the right way well enough to consistently beat teams doing it the wrong way?

WKU has a dramatic advantage over us in all sports, because their administration absolutely does not GAF.
Have you checked out their football program? Their success was due to Petrino and Brohm. The current team is terrible and their facilities pale in comparison to ours.

Reactions: ohio herd
Have you checked out their football program? Their success was due to Petrino and Brohm. The current team is terrible and their facilities pale in comparison to ours.

Yet they have 1 more title in football and 3 more in basketball......all since Marshall joined CUSA in 2005.

WKU's been riding dirty since the Willie Taggart days. They're struggling right now because they made a terrible coaching hire, but unless the next guy is an idiot, they'll be back.

WKU played in the belt, not a useful comparison sash

My fault, was looking at the CUSA page wrong on hoops. However, they do have 1 more CUSA football title then Marshall in only 4 years in the league vs 13.

Yet they have 1 more title in football and 3 more in basketball......all since Marshall joined CUSA in 2005.
I don't know if you are advocating us cheat but we have 2 strikes already.we don't want three

Reactions: pdbailey
WKU's been riding dirty since the Willie Taggart days. They're struggling right now because they made a terrible coaching hire, but unless the next guy is an idiot, they'll be back.
I definitely agree with you about them being a dirty athletic department, and have the best players that the money they slip in the envelopes can buy at the G5 level.

WKU has 24 CUSA sports titles total in the time they have been in CUSA. Are all of their teams cheating? Lol!

We have what, 3-4 since 2005?

WKU has 24 CUSA sports titles total in the time they have been in CUSA. Are all of their teams cheating? Lol!

I've been watching college sports for a little over three decades now, and I've learned that if you see a Lance Armstrong (somebody who unnaturally stands out from a field of parity), they're probably Lance Armstrong.

That includes my favorite team's stint from 1996-2003, which by the way, no one would have ever known about had Ridpath not blown the whistle, so the "banners coming down" litmus isn't exactly the ultimate test.

I've been watching college sports for a little over three decades now, and I've learned that if you see a Lance Armstrong (somebody who unnaturally stands out from a field of parity), they're probably Lance Armstrong.

That includes my favorite team's stint from 1996-2003, which by the way, no one would have ever known about had Ridpath not blown the whistle, so the "banners coming down" litmus isn't exactly the ultimate test.

So WKU is cheating in every sport within the program?

Don’t we think if any opposing coach got just a hint that the track team was on steroids or the baseball team was cheating, that they wouldn’t make a call to the league office and NCAA?

I don’t like them either but to assume their overall success is due to cheating is nuts.

Do not buy into the false narrative that Ridpath sells that he was somehow not the incompetent (according to his own testimony, he had never actually read the NCAA manual on the subject) who caused the issue, but rather some sort of victim/whistleblower about it. He is a liar and a fool.

As to WKU, they may or may not be "dirty" in terms of paying players, et al. I don't know. Really doubt it. What is in it for them? It is a public school with pretty much open admissions (9358 of 9804 who applied got in) with 58% females, 45% older than traditional, and over 80% in state with the majority of that from its region of KY, and the majority of the out of state being from nearby Tennessee counties which it charges in state tuition. It is not like having a big sports program is going to cause a whole bunch of rich kids to decide that Bowling Green Kentucky is where they want to spend rich daddy's money; and it is not like that they in the general consciousness of the random average non-alumni Kentucky resident they are ever going to be more than a speck in the Sea of Blue.

I do think, however, they will hire anybody as a coach, no matter what a POS they are, and apparently will let anybody play for him, no matter what a POS they are.

I don’t like them either but to assume their overall success is due to cheating is nuts.

Cheating isn't really a word when you talk about college sports, because the rules are nigh-unenforceable and external oversight is minimal. The system rewards and practically encourages schools to break the rules.

If a school has a flippant attitude about those rules, you can win a lot of games/matches/events in a lot of sports, for a lot of reasons. Memphis had a hell of a player in Derrick Rose, but only because he never had to take an SAT. Louisville was a dominant force in men's basketball for decades, but only because the school turned a blind eye to everything Rick Pitino was doing (and let's be honest, their football program owes most its success to a slimeball in Bobby Petrino).

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure Marshall is bending some rules, otherwise we'd never win a game. But I don't think after Mops for Props we allow our football coaches the same degree of autonomy when it comes to that bending. But WKU is a lot like their big brothers at UofL - same process, same pattern.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT