ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if we gave ECU the UCF moment?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Remember when we choked against UCF and they went on to win like 97 games in a row and become a power house? UCF hadn't won jack and we do that choke and they went on to change their program. They have even changed conference twice since then.

Damn, we pull some serious choke jobs. I am out fishing and trying to follow the game. Should have known we didn't have a big enough lead. I am not sure how you even choke that bad.

Does every program or team go through as many choke jobs? We have had some stellar chokes throughout the years.

I was out there on the porch watching it a little on Facebook, and Herd was up 38-21, and getting ready to score again, so I stopped watching it, and didn't even check the phone for score updates the rest of the night.

Was down in my bar watching the end of the Penn State game, and saw the score on the ticker, and figured that had to be wrong, so logged onto HN to read some very hot takes.

Damn. Maybe Kate Branson is right about these games.

I was out there on the porch watching it a little on Facebook, and Herd was up 38-21, and getting ready to score again, so I stopped watching it, and didn't even check the phone for score updates the rest of the night.

Was down in my bar watching the end of the Penn State game, and saw the score on the ticker, and figured that had to be wrong, so logged onto HN to read some very hot takes.

Damn. Maybe Kate Branson is right about these games.
Maybe so. I am out on a boat over in East Carolina and I am thinking no way even we can choke it away. Up 17 and getting ready to score in the 4th and think we've got them now...aaarrgggh. Checked in later and was like what the hell? Refresh that can't be right. Refresh. shit. Got on Herd Nation and was like oh shit.

Then, I saw all the special teams blunders and was oh damn, rifle is going to give Perkins and Coach Stowers some shit over this because they called rifle out on the special teams deal.

I was guessing at that point Chris was going to call me in away from the fishing weekend to moderate things. But, I guess he said screw it and the choke is what it is. Choked. It was one of those reunion night deals and we choked with a 17 point lead in the 4th about to go up by 24 or maybe 23 depending on special teams.

• Wow
Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT