ADVERTISEMENT

worst decision ever

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
what is your worst decision ever made in your life? some may have married the wrong person, been arrested for something, chose to live in the wrong area, chose the wrong profession . . . lots of things to choose from, but what is the single worst decision you have ever made?

The time I dug a little ditch around the basketball court up the holler. Tried to divert the mud puddles away from the basket. Worked, but I broke my right foot landing in it awkwardly.

That was 6 weeks of fun. Crutches at school, elevator key, the old man getting mad about a $900 doctor bill.

I have made many decisions that I question all the time, but haven't decided if they're bad. If they are, I can probably fix them. Digging that ditch though, a decision that brought me physical pain and some temporary disability. Yep, that's got to be the worst.

Tried to drive home drunk as a skunk from Westminster College in Maryland to Quantico, VA...thankfully a former Marine pulled me over and threw me in a hotel room to sober up.

February 11, 2009, I was sitting in my office watching the devastation of Sirius stock and tracking their negotiations with Liberty Media to come in as a white knight. I just knew they were going to get the deal done and I had an order typed in to E-trade to buy $100,000 at 0.10 a share. I sat there with the mouse on the enter order button and just couldn't bring myself to click it even though I knew I should.

That $100,000 would be worth $3,900,000 today if I would have just clicked.

Probably getting a business degree. I told my son to choose a real major where he could get a real job that would allow him to have a rewarding career. Don't be an ass kissing talker that is really a glorified pencil pushing paperwork shuffler and digital document maestro.

All my usual kidding aside, I wish I hadn't shit away my first stint in school drinking and partying. I wanted to be an attorney when I was entering college, and I think I would have been pretty good at it.

Almost married the wrong woman, I am glad that bitch screwed me over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT