ADVERTISEMENT

Would have been nice to know that practice was changed

Herdon2

Platinum Buffalo
May 15, 2003
I didn't hear anything about this. I drove my family down to the stadium just now to find out they had moved the practice to this morning. Nice.

we-talkin-bout-practice-o.gif

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Glad to hear you go to practice Keep. Its the only way to know what is going on. Phil's funeral was today. Having a memorial here on the 22nd and i believe Marshall and spring Valley are having one too. Take a long time to get over this. I will follow uncc pretty close.

Random keep the smart ass comments to yourself. I don't do twitter and all that mess so I didn't hear about it. You don't have 2 kids to pack up and haul around so you know nothing about that kind of thing.

Random keep the smart ass comments to yourself. I don't do twitter and all that mess so I didn't hear about it. You don't have 2 kids to pack up and haul around so you know nothing about that kind of thing.
Dude slowly take the foot out of your mouth and back away from the keyboard. You're right keep doesn't have two kids to haul around he has, if my memory serves me correctly FOUR. And I bet you feel like a d!cl complaining about practice being moved so the staff could make it to Coach Ratliffs memorial service.

Herdfan, read very slowly my comment. My sentence started with Random. Nowhere did I mention keep.

No I don't feel bad because I didn't know why so why would I feel bad? Had I known it was for Phil I obviously wouldn't have complained.
Not sure why a few of you have to be such dicks about things on here. Like a bunch of middle school kids. No need for the sarcasm and rudeness.

Herdfan, read very slowly my comment. My sentence started with Random. Nowhere did I mention keep.

No I don't feel bad because I didn't know why so why would I feel bad? Had I known it was for Phil I obviously wouldn't have complained.
Not sure why a few of you have to be such dicks about things on here. Like a bunch of middle school kids. No need for the sarcasm and rudeness.
My bad looks like I need to slowly remove my foot

Reactions: Herdon2
I'll tell you why you got negative comments, it's because you came on here like a whiney little biatch. It was in the paper, it was discussed on here, do you want Doc to call you personally to let you know? Oh, and you started the exact same thread on herdfans. I guess you were desperate to find someone who would give you a little sympathy.

Maybe take a little responsibility. The day before you go you could have gotten on the board and asked what time practice was. Then you would have known.

This entitlement mentality is part of the reason some coaches don't even fool with allowing fans at practice. Because then it becomes an event and people are upset if an event is changed. The practice serves one purpose and that is to better our players for the upcoming season and prepare for Purdue. The athletic department owes you nothing for changing practice, it's their practice. its a privilege, not a right, that they allow you to attend.

I don't get to spend every waking hour on this board like some of you do. There is no need for the rudeness some of you so gracefully show. Obviously I didn't know and obviously I don't get the paper or read twitter or obviously I would have known.

Why would I come on here and ask about the time of practice when I already knew the time according to Herdzone's list of practice time?

Again, stop being dicks. There is no need to be childish about it all and call people out. I guarantee people wouldn't be like that in person. It's that mentality of hiding behind a computer screen that some feel they need to be a smart ass.

There is reason why so many people don't come on this board anymore or at all. Because you have some high and mighty people who feel the need to try and treat people like they are below them. A lot of self esteem issues on here. There is no need for it. We all cheer for the same team. There were multiple people down there who didn't get the message. Not everyone combs the Web for time changes.

Bro I was just telling you that your entitled attitude was out of line that's all. Bottom line, I live on an island 3,000 miles from Huntington, and until today hadn't been on this board more than once every few days, for six months... And I knew that practice was moved. I just have a problem when fans act like they are owed something by athletic departments.

I didn't hear anything about this. I drove my family down to the stadium just now to find out they had moved the practice to this morning. Nice.

You are they one that started by complaining. Maybe you didn't mean for it come across this way, but you original post came across as if you feel that the athletic department did not do enough to let you know that the practice time had been changed. Yet when we point out that they did let people know by various means, you then state you are not able to see it because you are too busy with life.

So what did you expect, for them to call you personally? I doubt you expect that, but people are coming across as rude because you are coming across as if you did expect them to call you personally since the ways they used were not sufficient enough to reach you in your busy life.

None of this is meant to be judgmental in any way, I feel bad that you did not find out and wasted a day. I just think you do not realize how you are coming across to others.

Go Herd

Mt original post wasn't inflammatory at all. It was simply disappointment in not knowing the practice had changed. And I did look on both boards before I came actually and I didn't notice any thread that said practice had been moved. Now maybe someone mentioned it in another thread but I didn't see it mentioned on any board.

Doesn't matter anyway. It is what it is.

herdon calling people dicks and then explains that other posters are the reason people do not come here anymore. Oh, the irony.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
I don't get to spend every waking hour on this board like some of you do. There is no need for the rudeness some of you so gracefully show. Obviously I didn't know and obviously I don't get the paper or read twitter or obviously I would have known.

Why would I come on here and ask about the time of practice when I already knew the time according to Herdzone's list of practice time?

Again, stop being dicks. There is no need to be childish about it all and call people out. I guarantee people wouldn't be like that in person. It's that mentality of hiding behind a computer screen that some feel they need to be a smart ass.

There is reason why so many people don't come on this board anymore or at all. Because you have some high and mighty people who feel the need to try and treat people like they are below them. A lot of self esteem issues on here. There is no need for it. We all cheer for the same team. There were multiple people down there who didn't get the message. Not everyone combs the Web for time changes.

It's 2015 not 1995 everyone has access to anything instantly. You like anyone else who was there need to get with the times.

Since you say you don't make any effort to find out what is going on, you might be happier staying home. And quit calling others dicks when your behavior is serving as a prime example.

I'm not arguing with you guys. I don't need to do that. A few of you have a perception of me from years ago and that obviously followed me.

If any normal person that doesn't visit this board read my original post and then read your responses I am confident they would agree some of you were being rude and attacking. I've talked to many people who agree with me and the way some on this board treat others which is why they go to Herd fans or Perkins board.

Some of you can't have a conversation on here without being rude and attacking or smart asses. The ones who do it are the same ones as usual. It will never change.

This sort of thing is exactly why wv is the way it is...people refusing to upgrade and keep in with the old...get left in the cold.

Get a computer and get twitter, you'll be on top of things better.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Marshallsig, I was simply defending myself. I asked that people stop being dicks and being rude. There is a huge difference between calling people dicks in a rude way and calling people out for being dicks. I would venture to guess any new person browsing this site who saw this exchange would think the same thing I would have. That people are just flat out rude.

I have a computer and I have a smart phone. I refuse to let social media and technology completely take over my life. I don't follow twitter for that reason. I haven't had cable TV for 7 years now and I feel better about it.

I just don't feel the need to be connected all the time like a lot of people. I have kids and I choose to spend more time paying attention to them I guess.

I have a computer and I have a smart phone. I refuse to let social media and technology completely take over my life. I don't follow twitter for that reason. I haven't had cable TV for 7 years now and I feel better about it.

I just don't feel the need to be connected all the time like a lot of people. I have kids and I choose to spend more time paying attention to them I guess.

Excuses, get with the times. If anything use Twitter for the latest news only

Reactions: HerdMan13

Only feeling better about it until someone uses technology to reach out to others... then you whine like a little bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT