ADVERTISEMENT

Would the Marshall fanbase welcome . . .

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Richard Rodriguez as their new football coach?

Just curious how some of you would feel about that. For sure, the cousins up North would go insane, so that in itself would make for some great entertainment.

I read this and thought it said Richard Ramirez... I was concerned that we may be considering the Night Stalker.

As for Dick Rod... No thanks... Aside from a good couple years up north he hasn't been very good anywhere. I'd rather have someone younger on an upward career arc.

I have no problem with him except other than he has been a failure ar each stop since Morgantown

Not true that he was not successful post-wvu. In 2014 as head.coach with Arizona they won 10 games and finished in the top 20 in both the coaches and the writers poll.

They might have to take one for the team. We are all in this together and time to check the egos at the door.
I thought that was a requirement to make the ....ohhhh wait sorry I thought you said take one from the team! My bad!

His teams always seemed to play with an edge. Would Seider come with him as the OC/recruiting coordinator?

@GK4Herd are you still involved with the Marshall cheerleaders?

Never was involved really other than my daughter was one 15 years ago, Now...if you mean “involved” with Marshall cheerleading...well...no...never was that either.

No - why are people in WV still so freaking obsessed over a ”coach” with more illegitimate kids than conference titles? The guy has no class, and if posters in this board feel Doc lost control of his locker room, well, stand by for heavy seas if RichRod were hired. Good lord, people, what are you thinking?

No - why are people in WV still so freaking obsessed over a ”coach” with more illegitimate kids than conference titles? The guy has no class, and if posters in this board feel Doc lost control of his locker room, well, stand by for heavy seas if RichRod were hired. Good lord, people, what are you thinking?
LargeInstructiveAidi-max-1mb.gif

Never was involved really other than my daughter was one 15 years ago, Now...if you mean “involved” with Marshall cheerleading...well...no...never was that either.
I remember that, I just thought you had more involvement than being an observational supporter.

There is a pretty good book called Three and Out about RR's departure from USPAM and his time at Michigan. Written by a Detroit sports writer. His take is that the USPAM AD had made commitments to RR that he simply did not have the $$ to cover and realized that this was as high as the USPAM program was ever going to be and this was his shot at the true big time and took it.

Then he had a huge culture clash at Michigan. He was used to dealing with the delusional Spamite fanbase that actually believes what metro news and the gag-zette tells them and had trouble dealing with the sophisticated Michigan fans, who actually knew what results are. Also had trouble keeping kids eligible in a legitimate academic institution.

As to here, pass. Doc never got a fair shake out of a significant segment of our fan base because of his Spamite roots, they certainly would never be fine with RR. We need to put that time behind us.

[QUOTE="The Real SamC, post: 741416, member: 556"
Doc never got a fair shake out of a significant segment of our fan base because of his Spamite roots, they certainly would never be fine with RR. We need to put that time behind us.
[/QUOTE]

Only in Sam world could a coach who won 1 conference championship during his entire tenure yet was still employed for 11 years and if the AD hadn’t been overruled would have been back for who knows how many more years wasn’t given a fair shake.

I don’t want RR because I think he sucks as a coach and as a human being it has nothing to do with him being a former WVU coach.

Also had trouble keeping kids eligible in a legitimate academic institution.

I feel like this is the main issue, and also why Doc never had any suitors come calling for his services. Both of these guys made their hay with props and cast-offs, which is a valuable skill to have at schools who have to play that way, but top jobs like Michigan are about recruiting actual diamonds from the diamond tray, not from the rough.

RichRod can put points on the scoreboard, one has to give him that but a lot of personal baggage and there are two sides of the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: Elkview
RichRod would be too divisive as our head coach. Of course, if he won big, some of the hatred for him would diminish. But we need someone who can come in and get everyone excited right out of the gate. There are just too many other choices that we can afford. I do have to admit that RichRod had the Mountaineer fans very excited during those first years as their coach. They were a very good team. But he does carry a lot of baggage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT