ADVERTISEMENT

Would you watch the NBA

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
If they placed a huge 'Make America Great Again' emblem across the top of the court?

Or, better yet, if they just went with 'Vote Republican' across the court?

They need to remove that democratic supporting BLM thing, and stay the hell out of politics.

I swear I turned on the tv in the spare room last night. It hadn't been on awhile. It was on Sports Center when I turned the tv on. It was an after the game interview. Lebron James was on there and the caption underneath says Lakers Capture Best Record in Western Conference or something like that.

And what is that moron up there talking about? BLM, voting, We need a leader(not sure if he really meant on his team) , and America is bad.

What a tool bag.

If they placed a huge 'Make America Great Again' emblem across the top of the court?

Or, better yet, if they just went with 'Vote Republican' across the court?

They need to remove that democratic supporting BLM thing, and stay the hell out of politics.

Do you watch the NFL when they do conservative stuff, like fly jet fighters over before the game?

Granted, I like jet fighters. Just asking.

Do you watch the NFL when they do conservative stuff, like fly jet fighters over before the game?

Granted, I like jet fighters. Just asking.
I stopped watching the NFL back when kaperdick ruined it. I do like watching the fighter jets though. We have the airbase close by, so I get enough of that from the back porch. No pro sports for me, unless it's hockey. College sports is on the verge of ruining it all too. If they force the coaches to show up in BLM shirts and Biden 4 President hats, then I'm out. Kneeling by players, I'm out there as well. I wouldn't watch LeBron James if he was shooting hoops at the neighbor's basketball hoop setup in his driveway.

Over a backup QB....that is just stupid.
nah, it's over the principal of the whole thing. kaperdick started it, and others followed suit. now, the commissioner is sucking a black pecker. Even Drew Brees caught backlash from almost the entire league because he said he stands for the anthem, in honor of family members that served. They can all kiss my ass, as far as I'm concerned.

nah, it's over the principal of the whole thing. kaperdick started it, and others followed suit. now, the commissioner is sucking a black pecker. Even Drew Brees caught backlash from almost the entire league because he said he stands for the anthem, in honor of family members that served. They can all kiss my ass, as far as I'm concerned.
NBA and NFL are dead to me. don't need them don't miss them.

i quit watching the NBA when the brawls went away, when the ticky tack foul calls started, when players wasn't allowed to mug someone under the basket . . . about the time Jordan retired.

i quit watching the NFL not long after dan snyder bought the washington whatevers and turned them into a perennial shithouse.

i watch a bit of ncaa basketball through the season (when WVU is half decent and plays a top level team) and a bit more in march.

i watch the big saturday ncaa football games, whatever teams it may be. i try to watch WVU games and marshla games when i catch them on. not nearly as diehard as i once was (let season tix for WVU go around 4 or 5 years ago).

the kaperdick shit really doesn't bother me. i get he's protesting something worth protesting to him. why not find a way to protest that doesn't appear disrespectful to something any american who loves their country respects . . .

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Most of the people who say they don't watch anymore, didn't watch before. Yeah, the local game on Fox/CBS will be viewed in between Sunday naps, but that's about it.

The fans who get the NFL Sunday Ticket, play a lot of fantasy football, bet a lot of NFL games, attend NFL games, spend Sundays in sports bars watching multiple games, buy licensed NFL merchandise from team/NFL shops, etc. aren't turning it off because players take a knee. And this is who supports the product anyway. The NFL doesn't care if the Sunday nappers decide to "not watch anymore"

you mean like in 1950, just a couple years after the league started? ESPN is a left wing, liberal organization that has ruined sports. They can kiss my ass as well.

The NFL was founded in 1920. The first black player to sign was 26 years later.

The NFL was founded in 1920. The first black player to sign was 26 years later.
I thought it was called something else back then, when the Bulldogs of Canton were legit. Point being, blacks have been in the league for 70 plus years. Stop whining about it.

The fans who get the NFL Sunday Ticket, play a lot of fantasy football, bet a lot of NFL games, attend NFL games, spend Sundays in sports bars watching multiple games, buy licensed NFL merchandise from team/NFL shops, etc. aren't turning it off because players take a knee. And this is who supports the product anyway. The NFL doesn't care if the Sunday nappers decide to "not watch anymore"
I'm pretty certain DTV sales of the Sunday Ticket are going down, but would need to look it up to verify it. If the NFL networks start seeing advertising sales drop off substantially/commercial costs go down considerably (due to people not tuning in), then maybe one day they'll change their tune. It's always good to follow the Pareto Rule, as opposed to caving to the 20% (social justice warriors & fantasy geeks). DTV can kiss my ass as well, but due to their corrupt business dealings.

I'm pretty certain DTV sales of the Sunday Ticket are going down, but would need to look it up to verify it. If the NFL networks start seeing advertising sales drop off substantially/commercial costs go down considerably (due to people not tuning in), then maybe one day they'll change their tune. It's always good to follow the Pareto Rule, as opposed to caving to the 20% (social justice warriors & fantasy geeks). DTV can kiss my ass as well, but due to their corrupt business dealings.
Yes, it's definitely going down. But has been for years because the chord cutters have sacrificed that aspect of it. I have a friend who uses some box he ordered off Amazon to stream stuff and can watch any game he wants. Uses it for NFL, NHL, and MLB.

But, again, I haven't seen too many people who were big time supporters of the NFL and suddenly stop because of kneeling. I have an old baseball coach who has been posting on facebook for years about not watching the NFL (because he isn't a football fan and never seriously watched it anyway). He tried to get some MLB chatter the other night and someone called him out about watching that and his response was, "I don't know what you want me to say. I love the game." Duh, that's the point. Anyone who seriously watches a sport isn't going to let kneeling for the national anthem turn them away.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Most of the people who say they don't watch anymore, didn't watch before. Yeah, the local game on Fox/CBS will be viewed in between Sunday naps, but that's about it.

I watched regularly. don't miss it.

I watched it before. I love football. But, the NFL is becoming like Sports Center. All the commentary and BS.

Gag a Maggot!

Describe "regularly". Who is your team?
Dallas Cowboys. I got back to it as a kid with Roger Staubach. Tony Dorsett, Robert Newhouse, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Randy White, Hollywood Henderson, Doomsday Defense, and my beloved coach, Tom Landry. Hurt like a gut punch the day Jerry had to fire him.

Dallas Cowboys. I got back to it as a kid with Roger Staubach. Tony Dorsett, Robert Newhouse, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Randy White, Hollywood Henderson, Doomsday Defense, and my beloved coach, Tom Landry. Hurt like a gut punch the day Jerry had to fire him.
I hear you and I think that’s where a lot of people are. Which is fine.

I’m in a fantasy football league with a group; some old, some young. The old guys hate the kneeling crap, just like you do. But they’re still buying jerseys, tuning in, going to bars every Sunday to watch, etc. They love it. They’re not turning it off. The same way my old Little League baseball coach won’t turn off the MLB.

I think the NFL has lost a bunch of casual fans. But that’s not what drives the boat. The diehards are the ones pumping the money through the sport and it continues to grow. The salary cap keeps going up every year because the NFL keeps making more money. Even after the Kaepernick stuff, they’re still printing it. So either the people who say they don’t watch anymore or lying, or they never watched that much to begin with. There are no two ways around it.

i quit watching the NBA when the brawls went away, when the ticky tack foul calls started, when players wasn't allowed to mug someone under the basket . . . about the time Jordan retired.

I agree. The older style of play appealed more to me.

i quit watching the NFL not long after dan snyder bought the washington whatevers and turned them into a perennial shithouse.

The rules have been fvcked for a while now. If I see a catch and you tell me it is not a catch, well fvck you.

It wasn't just about a back up QB. The league ruined it and they are caving. **** them

Kneeling bad. Getting away with murder (Ray Lewis) good.

I turn it off. I don't want see some commie ass QB kneeling and his pure disrespect.

Who the fvck watches the anthem before the game? Get a beer, check your fantasy stuff.

I agree. The older style of play appealed more to me.

The rules have been fvcked for a while now. If I see a catch and you tell me it is not a catch, well fvck you.

Kneeling bad. Getting away with murder (Ray Lewis) good.

Who the fvck watches the anthem before the game? Get a beer, check your fantasy stuff.
You are missing the point. It is disrespectful and they now condone it.

I dont have to watch or support it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT