ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Y'all can rejoice: Bill Legg is no longer the OC at Marshall

just hope everyone who quit donating/attending games unless he left live up to their end of the deal

wasn’t the biggest fan of his but definitely wish him the best and hope the ‘celebrating’ is kept to a minimum - the guy gave 8 years of his life to the marshall & huntington communities

My guess is that the public outcry pushed him to take this step (if MU didn't fire him after 2016, they certainly didn't fire him today). It can't be easy going to work knowing everybody wants your head on a pike. Don't get me wrong, I was as frustrated as anybody this season, and I believe these are big boy jobs and this comes with the territory, but I'm sure all of this has taken a personal toll on him and his family.

I hope this is best for our football program, however, it is not always fun to terminate someone...especially at a Holiday. It impacts a lot of lives. As a sales manager of a few companies...I've had the task of relieving people for performance issues. It is never a pleasant situation. "part of the territory & job description." Donald Trump finds it easy to do---I did not enjoy breaking the news. However, most folks that get terminated do not find it to be a surprise.

I wish the Legg family well and hopefully Bill will still have the ZEST to want to coach at another institution.

HerdZilaSweeney22....in California for Christmas.

Reactions: Herdfaninnoke
Exactly. Our fans have been known to talk a big game. Now time for our fans to back it up.

I agree...internet talk is cheap because those making threats know they don't have to back up "the talk--nor walk the talk"...because of hidden names.

It will be interesting to see seasonTicket sales in 2018 & increased pledges to the Big Green Foundation.

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney).......Go HERD

My guess is that the public outcry pushed him to take this step (if MU didn't fire him after 2016, they certainly didn't fire him today). It can't be easy going to work knowing everybody wants your head on a pike. Don't get me wrong, I was as frustrated as anybody this season, and I believe these are big boy jobs and this comes with the territory, but I'm sure all of this has taken a personal toll on him and his family.

I imagine it being tough. As much as one dislikes another, we are, after all, still human.

It is very nice of them to allow him to resign but I would like to see our coaching staff and administration to have the balls to terminate folks for lack of performance. I wish him nothing but the best. Luckily he should have a nice savings account.

It is very nice of them to allow him to resign but I would like to see our coaching staff and administration to have the balls to terminate folks for lack of performance. I wish him nothing but the best. Luckily he should have a nice savings account.

What the fvck does that do other than to embarrass somebody who is graciously walking away and open Marshall up for having to potentially pay buy-outs in certain contracts?

You're a piece of shit of a person if you'd rather see "fired" next to somebody's name who worked their ass of for Marshall instead of a softer "resigned" simply to satisfy your thirst for blood.

I agree...internet talk is cheap because those making threats know they don't have to back up "the talk--nor walk the talk"...because of hidden names.

It will be interesting to see seasonTicket sales in 2018 & increased pledges to the Big Green Foundation.

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney).......Go HERD

Won’t happen. Anybody that talks the game of increasing their donation since he left please let me know. I will take care of it with the Big Green. Provide me with an email address and I will email you my information.

What the fvck does that do other than to embarrass somebody who is graciously walking away and open Marshall up for having to potentially pay buy-outs in certain contracts?

You're a piece of shit of a person if you'd rather see "fired" next to somebody's name who worked their ass of for Marshall instead of a softer "resigned" simply to satisfy your thirst for blood.

This.

Im going to say something that won’t be popular but I honestly don’t think Legg had that much to do with our attendance.

There is a disconnect with a decent sized segment of our fan base and I think it has more to do with Hamrick than who the coach is.

The crowds I saw at the games this year were pitiful in terms of butts in seats and some of those games were when we still had a good record and were in the hunt for the CUSA title.

I hope Legg being the sacrificial lamb truly opens the flood gates of people coming back but I honestly wouldn’t bet on it.

Oh well I’ll be there and hopefully we get the Access Bowl next year.

I 100% agree with you. Who cares what it says.

Resignation allows him to have an easier time to find a job as opposed to termination.
Especially during this time of year.

Also, many programs allow for resignation also because they don't have to pay a buyout or at least, pay less so everyone wins.

Except you, you lose.

Reactions: Sash19
I am glad but sad. I wish Bill well. He gave seven years of his life to us; maybe nine, if you count his previous tenure. He did some good things, but of late some mediocre things. It was starting to resemble the last days of Don Nehlen. He was much too predictable these last two years and tied to the Big 10's "three yards and a cloud of dust" theory. I do applaud him for his wide-open Colorado State game plan, as I do Coach Heater.

He was a man about it and did the right thing. No one ever questioned his character. As I've said, I would like to see him stay as director of football operations if Mark Gale retires (and I'd say that's getting close). He would bring a wealth of experience, knowledge and wisdom, should things happen to fall in place.

I think the administration had to do something. Kudos to MH and the whatever hand he played in it. Attendance (i.e. revenue) was dropping and these newer schools in the conference are going all out in moving their football programs forward.

Now, I am not in favor of elevating Goebbel to OC. I hope that Doc will be wise enough to go out and get a dynamic young someone and groom him to takover when he retires. The guy at JMU or Byron Leftwich would be fine by me.

Awright, for those of you who have been boycotting (I and most of us haven't) something has been done. Let's all heal up and head back to the Joan and support our boys next year!

Is this the former Rifle? If so, I have never agreed with you as much as I do this comment.

I'm really excited for something fresh on the offense. Whoever they hire "hopefully not within the good ol boy system" will come in and spice up our offense! Whether it be tooling the offense to chase Littons abilities or going another rout with Green. I can't wait for the opening game against Miami! I'm super pumped about this, it gives us some hope that we could return to a high octane offense.

Reactions: kdbherdon
Exactly. Our fans have been known to talk a big game. Now time for our fans to back it up.

Yep. The fans caused this. Damn them. Bunch of hilljack ingrates. Hamrick and his tweets, policies, arrogance had nothing to do with the declining attendance.

I wish Bill Legg well. He will be fine. It's the nature of the business and they know that.

I will say this, is the anemic offense a product of Leggs scheme or our limitations at the QB position in terms of Chase being a drop back passer solely?

If the new guy tailors the O for Chase's abilities we should be fine. If he wants a thrower and a passer, better go with Green.

Reactions: THUNDER8718
ADVERTISEMENT