ADVERTISEMENT

You can have one game killing fumble back. Which one do you want?

Which game killing fumble do you take back and why?

• 2010 Tron Martinez vs WVU

Votes: 34 97.1%
  • 2012 Essray Taliaferro @ECU in OT

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
Tron's most likely cost us a win vs WVU which would have led to some of the best bragging rights ever and Essray's not only cost us the game in 2012, but also cost us a bowl berth. Though you could argue Tron's cost us a bowl berth too.

My vote for the game killing fumble I wish we could take back would be this:

http://wvmetronews.com/2015/04/08/holliday-hamrick-ink-extensions/

giphy.gif

Announcing we will have baseball by 2021 will be up there.

I believe you’re referring to a baseball “stadium,” but I’d be content with just having real baseball next year, as this year doesn’t appear we have it.

The baseball team is 1-9-1 so far. That includes two losses and a tie against Canisius. Canisius is located in Buffalo, which means they haven’t seen a day of outdoor baseball weather in five months yet still handled the Herd.

I believe you’re referring to a baseball “stadium,” but I’d be content with just having real baseball next year, as this year doesn’t appear we have it.

The baseball team is 1-9-1 so far. That includes two losses and a tie against Canisius. Canisius is located in Buffalo, which means they haven’t seen a day of outdoor baseball weather in five months yet still handled the Herd.

Yeah but thank god we are building a new stadium to house all of the people to come watch the 1-9-1 squad take the field

Yeah but thank god we are building a new stadium to house all of the people to come watch the 1-9-1 squad take the field

They won 3 out of their last 4 games.

Tell me, if the football team played at Cabell-Midland's high school field and had their weight room, how many games do you think they'd win each year?

If Marshall basketball played their home games in Huntington High's gym, how many games do you think they'd win in C-USA?

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla

Tell me, if the football team played at Cabell-Midland's high school field and had their weight room, how many games do you think they'd win each year?

If Marshall basketball played their home games in Huntington High's gym, how many games do you think they'd win in C-USA?

Probably the same amount.. maybe 1 less in each sport.

Rifle makes a good point. I have felt that our baseball program has over achieved the last few years. Could you imagine trying to recruit for a program with their (lack) facilities?

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Rifle makes a good point. I have felt that our baseball program has over achieved the last few years. Could you imagine trying to recruit for a program with their (lack) facilities?

Interestingly enough some people on this board claim to have the greatest IAF known to man and yet the football program also vastly underachieves in the eyes of those same people.

Interestingly enough some people on this board claim to have the greatest IAF known to man and yet the football program also vastly underachieves in the eyes of those same people.

I think our football program does underachieve. I see nothing wrong with those peoples' viewpoint.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Or, if people didn't pay to see basketball or football, would baseball even exist?

The overwhelming majority of D1 programs don't have athletic departments that turn a profit. That is not the purpose of college athletics.

Probably the same amount.. maybe 1 less in each sport.

You're out of your god damned mind.

If facilities aren't directly related to winning, why are there billions of dollars spent on improving college facilities?

If Marshall football and basketball had facilities (stadium, arena, locker room, weight room) on the same level as local high schools, those programs would struggle to win 20% of their games. That is what baseball has been facing for decades.

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla

It's not verbatim, but I believe the NCAA's mission statement reads " . . . to foster an environment conducive to middle-aged men escaping their wives and children by acting juvenilely and wasting time socializing on internet message boards."

Reactions: marshallsig

GREAT POINTS...since we are lovers of HERD baseball....Marshall baseball always gets the shitty end of the stick!

HerdZilla22

The overwhelming majority of D1 programs don't have athletic departments that turn a profit. That is not the purpose of college athletics.

You're out of your god damned mind.

If facilities aren't directly related to winning, why are there billions of dollars spent on improving college facilities?

If Marshall football and basketball had facilities (stadium, arena, locker room, weight room) on the same level as local high schools, those programs would struggle to win 20% of their games. That is what baseball has been facing for decades.

!00 % CORRECT.......Baseball has always got the shitty end of Marshall stinking stick....and Mike Hamrick knows it.....

HerdZilla22

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT