ADVERTISEMENT

Young Thundering Crowd

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
Last edited:
Here you go because clicking on "Insert Image" is hard work.
p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

I tried to find myself in the pressbox but the glare was too much. I think I do see Ernie there in the front row. Toledo was very good that year, in the middle of their great stretch of wins. This was the only game where we did any sort of memorial event. Hope this works. Program cover I put on Facebook
I forgot that "adults" tended to dress up for games, but it may have been because of the events of the day.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I tried to find myself in the pressbox but the glare was too much. I think I do see Ernie there in the front row. Toledo was very good that year, in the middle of their great stretch of wins. This was the only game where we did any sort of memorial event. Hope this works. Program cover I put on Facebook
I forgot that "adults" tended to dress up for games, but it may have been because of the events of the day.
Thanks for that! ex - wasn’t this also the 1st season of the newly constructed lower seating above the new Astro turf field surface?

Toledo was always tough in those years. They could name the score. We were lucky to score against their scrubs late in the game.

Those Toledo teams from 69 thru 71 were the best teams in MAC history. The team in those pictures had two first team AA’s, Mel Long and the great Chuck Ealey out of Notre Dame HS in Portsmouth.

Further context: Less than a month later, Carl Tacy’s Herd mens basketball team would open their season with a 106-71 thrashing of Saint Peters, and the most unlikely magic carpet ride for The Faithful was underway. I had a chance to speak briefly with Coach Tacy about 7 years ago, and told him how much that team meant to the community, still grieving such a tragic loss.
Tacy Lee D’Antoni

Last edited:
Term "Kelly Green" was a nonentity around Huntington/MU in those days, IIRC. That's when the "darker" green, then made popular by the Michigan State Spartans, was in vogue in MU Athletics!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT