ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Season

The objective follower of college football essentially agrees with Sam.
There is nothing "objective" about Sammy's comments. I'm not even sure if he watched the game. His calling the team "untalented" or "unmotivated" was beyond ignorance and pretty much makes any other commentary he attempts, worthless.
"House of cards"? My god, every coach in the country must be building a "house of cards" too, knowing the NIL exists and players can move at a drop of hat.

Last edited:
Reactions: cincyherdfan
That was a quote from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, 34 years ago.
200.gif

There is nothing "objective" about Sammy's comments. I'm not even sure if he watched the game. His calling the team "untalented" or "unmotivated" was beyond ignorance and pretty much makes any other commentary he attempts, worthless.

"House of cards"? My god, every coach in the country must be building a "house of cards" too, knowing the NIL exists and players can move at a drop of hat.
I simply asked you a question. This game was an abject failure. Either the team is untalented, unmotivated, or poorly coached. Or some combination of that. You just say calling it untalented or unmotivated is "dumb". No thoughtful reply. So are you going with "poorly coached"?

There has to be some reason this team failed so completely against a bad I-AA team at home. Namecalling is going to fix that.

Blunt fact is that men's soccer, which beat fellow nationally ranked Pitt on the road and on real television last night, is the only functional sports program we have now.

I simply asked you a question. This game was an abject failure. Either the team is untalented, unmotivated, or poorly coached. Or some combination of that. You just say calling it untalented or unmotivated is "dumb". No thoughtful reply. So are you going with "poorly coached"?

There has to be some reason this team failed so completely against a bad I-AA team at home. Namecalling is going to fix that.

Blunt fact is that men's soccer, which beat fellow nationally ranked Pitt on the road and on real television last night, is the only functional sports program we have now.
How do you know for sure that Albany is a bad team?. Many teams have improved greatly from one year to the next. That quarterback they had could play for a lot of big name colleges. I think you did not see the game or him perform. Like I told all the naysayers last year one game does not make a season.

Then it is poorly coached, or just unmotivated? Has to be one of the three to explain the abject failure that was game one.

"Abject failure"??

Marshall won.

I recall you (and I and a few others) used to defend Doc and the team because they won, regardless of how good or bad they looked.
You used to argue tirelessly about how MU was consistently winning and even I agreed with that.
Now you're nitpicking and complaining about dropped passes, lack of scoring, anything to justify your, in my opinion, dislike of Coach Huff.
Why you don't like him, and it's not a "we'll see" because you're already calling the team a failure because of the first game, is beyond me.
It puts you in the same class as the people who complained about Doc every chance they got, because they hated him, as opposed to looking at it and saying, "Not the best, but not the worst, by far, either."

Grow up. I was skeptical of Huff because I have always felt if a G5 is going to hire a HC, hire a HC from the FCS or another/lower G5 program, not coordinators.
But I'm seeing that he's doing better and ECU is going to tell me lots about his ability to make MU better than week 1.

Of course, this is futile since you've quit on this team.

How's Judy, BTW?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
No thoughtful reply.
It doesn't deserve a "thoughtful" reply because your opinion is frankly, too ignorant. Not sure you've ever played on an organized team sport beyond junior high. You're an emotional armchair QB who simply didn't like the coaching change.

Calling this team untalented and unmotivated is pure ignorance. Suggesting there is no guarantee of another win is stupid. But that's what quitters like you do. Do you ever get tired of making yourself look like a dumbass with your predictions?

Are there deficiencies. Absolutely. What team doesn't have them? I'm not a huge fan of Trickett at OC. I certainly wish Legg would not have been brought back. QB play and development is questionable. But, just like last season, you will largely disappear by seasons end with an occasional appearance claiming you were glad they ended up winning.

When was the last time you actually attended a Marshall football game anyway? You seem to keep avoiding that question.

ESPN+ is "real" tv?

"Abject failure"??

Marshall won.

I recall you (and I and a few others) used to defend Doc and the team because they won, regardless of how good or bad they looked.
You used to argue tirelessly about how MU was consistently winning and even I agreed with that.
Now you're nitpicking and complaining about dropped passes, lack of scoring, anything to justify your, in my opinion, dislike of Coach Huff.
Why you don't like him, and it's not a "we'll see" because you're already calling the team a failure because of the first game, is beyond me.
It puts you in the same class as the people who complained about Doc every chance they got, because they hated him, as opposed to looking at it and saying, "Not the best, but not the worst, by far, either."

Grow up. I was skeptical of Huff because I have always felt if a G5 is going to hire a HC, hire a HC from the FCS or another/lower G5 program, not coordinators.
But I'm seeing that he's doing better and ECU is going to tell me lots about his ability to make MU better than week 1.

Of course, this is futile since you've quit on this team.

How's Judy, BTW?
People forget that our previous coach inherited a bowl team, didn't have a winning regular season his first three years. Also, had some of the worst, if not the worst losses in Marshall football history - some blowouts that were pure embarrassment. But Huff sucks. lol!

A poster above said the administration is willing to accept mediocrity in their sports programs. Brad Smith does not accept mediocrity in anything he is responsible for. He will, in time, bring the sports programs in line with all the solid moves he is making in the academic side of the university. I am confident that he is staying abreast of all the teams and their potential for success.

It doesn't deserve a "thoughtful" reply because your opinion is frankly, too ignorant.

Calling this team untalented and unmotivated is pure ignorance.
So you admit you are incapable of thoughtfully replying. This is progress. You are coming around to admitting that there is no thoughtful way to defend this debacle. This was failure, pure and simple.

So, like a child, you name call. You make conclusory statements that fact you wish were not true are "ignorant".

Because you lack the ability to defend what went on Saturday. Because it cannot be done. What went on Saturday was an untalented and unmotivated team, poorly coached, almost got beat by a backmarker in a low conference a division lower than us. That cannot be defended.

So you admit you are incapable of thoughtfully replying. This is progress. You are coming around to admitting that there is no thoughtful way to defend this debacle. This was failure, pure and simple.

So, like a child, you name call. You make conclusory statements that fact you wish were not true are "ignorant".

Because you lack the ability to defend what went on Saturday. Because it cannot be done. What went on Saturday was an untalented and unmotivated team, poorly coached, almost got beat by a backmarker in a low conference a division lower than us. That cannot be defended.
When will you go away and be a "fan" to some other school? Marshall Sports are not for you. You cant even admit you haven't been to a Marshall football game in some time. Are you still wondering if McDs is behind the stadium???

Saturday's game can absolutely be "defended" and it was perfectly by banker in his post. Those that have actually played an organized sport at the collegiate level understand exactly what was said. Your ass is just too chapped to handle it. You are ignorant. This team has talent. This team is motivated. This team has coaches that prepare and want to win. You're a loser, armchair QB who doesn't know much about actually playing the game of football. You were made to look like a fool last year. The odds are high this year will be the same.

Sooooooooo, winning by 4 points, at home to a mid-pack team from a low conference in a division below us, which was paid to be here, is just fine with you.

Got it.
Winning is winning . Take it and move on. You same guys said these same things after the Bowling Green last year. One game does not make a season and Marshall ran no trick plays, ran the QB infreqently and the other team you call so bad is going to score a lot of points this season. Mark that down.

He will, in time, bring the sports programs in line with all the solid moves he is making in the academic side of the university. I am confident that he is staying abreast of all the teams and their potential for success.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Sooooooooo, winning by 4 points, at home to a mid-pack team from a low conference in a division below us, which was paid to be here, is just fine with you.
Sooooooo. Did I say they played the way I would have preferred for 4 quarters? Link to where I suggested I was "fine" with how we played in the first half. As usual, you've got nothing. Nothing but whining, moaning and complaining, even when this team wins.

An "untalented" team would not have turned it on and scored 21 points in 6 minutes. An "unmotivated" team would have come out just as flat in the 2nd half and performed the same way they did in the first half. A poor coaching staff would not have made adjustments.

Marshall sports aren't for you Sammy.

Got it.
We've beaten alot of teams by 4 points, at home, and on the road. If my recollection of basic math is correct, the team that scores the most points is declared the winner, whether it's by 4 pts. or 40 pts.

Sammy, what did you think of our 3 game losing streak to end Doc’s last season included a 20-0 shutout loss to a really bad Rice team?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT