ADVERTISEMENT

WAR ROOM 6/17/21 (Presented By Michael Gwinn Insurance Agency)

Chris McLaughlin

Grammar Snob
Staff
Feb 14, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
marshall.rivals.com
We are very excited to welcome our latest sponsor to Herdnation.com, Michael Gwinn from Michael Gwinn Insurance Agency. American National offers a specialized farm insurance package, homeowners, personal and commercial auto, business and life insurance. Mike’s office serves Fayette, Raleigh, Nicholas, Summers and western Greenbrier counties in WV. He’s also licensed in VA, PA, MD and OH.

For more information visit https://www.americannational.com/wps/portal/agent?s=mikegwinn-16352 or contact Mike directly at:
84 Mtn. Vista Dr
PO Box 87
Lookout, WV 25868
O: 304.574.0499 |
C: 304.989.3298 |
F: 304.574.2959

Here’s a little background about Mike:
  • Attended Marshall during the mid-90s but a job opportunity and a move to the Carolinas delayed graduation to 2006.
  • Big Green Member since 2007.
  • Football season ticket holder.
  • Former staff of HerdNation.com.
  • Posted on the old Herd Nation message board for several years prior to the move to Rivals.
  • 12 years in the insurance industry as an agent.
  • I was an agent with an independent agency in Beckley WV when the coal industry started to decline in 2013-14. As a result of the decline I was laid off, but that setback put me on the path to owning my own agency.
  • In spring of 2016 I began an internship program with American National and Farm Family Insurance and opened my agency that October.
  • In May of 2019 I was fortunate enough to purchase a retiring American National agent’s book of business and office building, effectively accelerating my business by 30 years over night. My office is located at Lookout, WV, a few miles north of the New River Gorge Bridge.

Now, on to the very first War Room of 2021...

***************************************************************************************************************

Marshall will welcome a total of twelve visitors this weekend; eight of which will be on official visits. Four of the eight visitors will be on unofficial visits. (List will be updated if necessary)

Remember... what is said in the War Room, stays in the War Room!

Official Visitors:

About Wright: The massive defensive tackle from Texas has offers from Minnesota, Oregon State, Arkansas, Kansas, Marshall, Colorado State and Liberty. Wright is widely considered one of the most under-the-radar defensive lineman in the country, and has size (6-5, 285) that makes fans and coaches drool. Oregon State seems to be in the lead for the Duncanville star, but Marshall has a prime opportunity to make up ground this weekend.

About Nwabuo: An uber-talented athlete who could project at a number of different positions at the FBS level, Che is being recruited by Marshall as wide receiver. The Manor (TX) native has offers from Pitt, Purdue, Minnesota, Michigan State, Michigan, Kansas, UTSA, ODU, Marshall, Louisiana, Liberty and Air Force. He is scheduled for an official visit to Pitt the weekend of 6/25 and recently took an un-official visit to Texas Tech.

About Stocker: Listed as a running back, Marshall is recruiting Stocker as a cornerback. The Malvern Prep product currently holds offers from Marshall, ODU, Temple, Richmond and Elon. Stocker is also a track star and recently ran a school record (and electronically timed) 10.7 in the 100m dash. He also posted a time of 6.87 in the 60m dash at the Adidas National Meet. He's fast. Marshall will be his first official visit.

About Hooks: Hooks plays football, track and baseball for Pike Road HS in Alabama and like many other recruits visiting Marshall this weekend, projects at a number of positions. In fact, Hooks played QB in high school until tearing up his knee in 2020. Marshall is recruiting Hooks as a wide receiver. A one-time Austin Peay commit, Hooks holds FBS offers from UCF, Marshall, Arkansas State, Troy, Louisiana-Monroe, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Western Kentucky and Toledo.

About Slappy: A Columbus native, Slappy unofficially visited Marshall earlier this month and had this to say about his trip: https://marshall.rivals.com/news/ohio-ol-jalen-slappy-likes-potential-at-marshall. Slappy has the ideal frame for an offensive tackle and currently holds offers from Marshall, Toledo, Ball State, ODU and Akron.

About Berry: Another Texan who will be on campus this weekend, Berry is a touch under the radar but has seen his recruitment explode over the past month or so. Berry flashed big-time at the SMU prospect camp and as a result pulled in offers from Marshall, Colorado State and Utah State. He also has offers from Penn and Columbia. Berry recently visited Texas A&M (unofficially) and could be on the verge of receiving power conference offers.

About Jennings: Marshall already has two running backs committed in the 2022 class, so it will be interesting to see how things shake out with Jennings. He unofficially visited Marshall earlier this month (story here: https://marshall.rivals.com/news/jaylen-jennings-breaks-down-marshall-visit), so he clearly likes Coach Huff's program. Jennings was recently rated the 48th best prospect in all of Ohio and holds offers from Marshall, Indiana, Kent State, Buffalo, Harvard, Purdue and Bowling Green.

About Lang: Originally from Montville, NJ, Lang currently plays at IMG Academy in Florida. The offensive tackle prospect holds offers from Marshall, Western Kentucky, UAB, MTSU, FIU, Georgia State, Arkansas State, Buffalo, Liberty, UMASS and Penn. Lang recently took un-officials to FAU and FIU. Marshall will be his first official visit, however.

Unofficial Visitors:

James Livingston

Chauncey Kamakea

Jamel Johnson (GA)

Gabe Landers LS FL https://kohlskicking.com/player-profiles/gabe-landers https://www.hudl.com/profile/11736726

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News