ADVERTISEMENT

A Letter to Herd Fans

That’s funny. He is close but I recall her dying later the same day we played wvu in 1997.
Recall that day very well. My brother & I drove up for the resumption of the series. One of the worst sunburns I have absorbed! Great game, tough loss. On our way home we started hearing about Diana ...August 31? 1997

I find it pretty prestigious for a school the size of Marshall to get the opportunity to play against the service academies. I've never been to Army's facilities, but did get the opportunity to go to a Navy home game back in the 90's. The pagentry is top notch, and the campuses are spotless, and a must see, particularly for those of us that hold the military in high regard. Army is pre-season ranked, and hopefully they can continue to build on maintaining to be a decent program.

Well said. Looking forward to the NAVY series also. Was impressed with the Navy-Marine Corps. Stadium at Annapolis while enjoying our "whipping" the Maryland Twerps in the bowl there a few seasons back. They were at the time putting some $$$$ into renovations/upgrades at the stadium, and I believe that had started, or at least planned, when Jack Lengyel was still the AD at the Academy.

"In the more immediate future, we will soon be announcing another home-and-home football series with one of the most well-respected and storied programs in college football. Stay tuned for that."

While adding Army is a great game and a pleasure to play against these guys who will turn around and defend our country on the front lines, the well-respected part is absolutely true but give me a break. They are not one of the most storied programs in college football unless you are referring to the fact they started playing in 1890. They have a historical record of 678-511 and are 6-2 all time in bowl games. Mike sold this like used car salesman hoping you didnt get a Carfax report.

"In the more immediate future, we will soon be announcing another home-and-home football series with one of the most well-respected and storied programs in college football. Stay tuned for that."

While adding Army is a great game and a pleasure to play against these guys who will turn around and defend our country on the front lines, the well-respected part is absolutely true but give me a break. They are not one of the most storied programs in college football unless you are referring to the fact they started playing in 1890. They have a historical record of 678-511 and are 6-2 all time in bowl games. Mike sold this like used car salesman hoping you didnt get a Carfax report.
They have 5 National Championships. How many do we have? Their run from the late 40's into the early 50's is considered to be one of the greatest dynasties in college football history. 3 Heisman Trophy Winners.

So what exact position is Marshall University coming from here? Where do you think Marshall is in the pecking order of college football?

Last edited:
Going to West Point when the Cadets were MOSSed [Randy]..... still.....ranks as my all-time favorite HERD road trip. Since I'm a Vietnam Veteran and PRO-MILITARY.....the Pageantry and History on the Hudson River was wonderful. I looked out of Mitchie Stadium and saw ghosts of Doc Blanchard, Glen Davis, Pete Dawkins, Roger Staubach [boo Navy}, and others. Their fans were cordial even with The HERD defeating them, and I will always remember that weekend since Lady Diane was murdered in a tunnel during my visit.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

What the hell???

That’s funny. He is close but I recall her dying later the same day we played wvu in 1997.

Hey 19MU88..
..go to GOOGLE before making a fool out of yourself and saying the above........(1) "Bio Lady Diana".......DIED: August 31, 1997. (2) Marshall played at ARMY when the Cadets were MOSSED...the next weekend.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
They have 5 National Championships. How many do we have? Their run from the late 40's into the early 50's is considered to be one of the greatest dynasties in college football history. 3 Heisman Trophy Winners.

So what exact position is Marshall University coming from here? Where do you think Marshall is in the pecking order of college football?

Some folks think
our BELOWED Marshall INVENTED football and teams are knocking down our doors to play them!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Hey 19MU88....go to GOOGLE before making a fool out of yourself and saying the above........(1) "Bio Lady Diana".......DIED: August 31, 1977. (2) Marshall played at ARMY when the Cadets were MOSSED....August 31, 1977.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte
According to sports-reference.com Marshall’s first game in 1977 was against the vaunted Ohio bobcats and was played on SEPTEMBER 10.

Reactions: alphasig1053
Hey 19MU88....go to GOOGLE before making a fool out of yourself

(2) Marshall played at ARMY when the Cadets were MOSSED....August 31, 1977.

Assuming you meant "1997" and not "1977," the Marshall vs. Army game was on September 6, 1997, not August 31 like you incorrectly continue to claim.

So you're claiming somebody is making a fool of himself, yet in reality, you're not only wrong about this but also blatantly lying about what you claim Google shows. Brilliant strategy, wife-beater.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/marshall/1997-schedule.html

LIKE WHAT Dick shithead......

Tell us again about your Christianity and how the school where you are a voluntary scorekeeper did a full background check on you, "Dick shithead."

Assuming you meant "1997" and not "1977," the Marshall vs. Army game was on September 6, 1997, not August 31 like you incorrectly continue to claim.

So you're claiming somebody is making a fool of himself, yet in reality, you're not only wrong about this but also blatantly lying about what you claim Google shows. Brilliant strategy, wife-beater.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/marshall/1997-schedule.html

Tell us again about your Christianity and how the school where you are a voluntary scorekeeper did a full background check on you, "Dick shithead."

Like DickShitHead
when you rode the bench at Marshall.....as a bullpen catcher.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: The Real SamC
Like DickShitHead when you rode the bench at Marshall.....as a bullpen catcher.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

As has been proven time after time, I started every year at Marshall. Even your wife-beating, demented ass knows this.

Now, back to the point. Why are you calling others a "fool" by lying about the date of the Marshall vs. Army game?

What is Coach Simmon going to say about you going around calling people "Dick Shithead"? What is Barry Giller going to say about you knowingly serving alcohol to 17 and 18 year olds even after you were told to stop at your frat's reunion?

As has been proven time after time, I started every year at Marshall. Even your wife-beating, demented ass knows this.

Now, back to the point. Why are you calling others a "fool" by lying about the date of the Marshall vs. Army game?

What is Coach Simmon going to say about you going around calling people "Dick Shithead"? What is Barry Giller going to say about you knowingly serving alcohol to 17 and 18 year olds even after you were told to stop at your frat's reunion?

I remember the night at Connie’s when zilla had the keg and was giving beer to underage frat guys.

Reactions: 19MU88
I remember the night at Connie’s when zilla had the keg and was giving beer to underage frat guys.

Yep. Connie was furious at him, yelled at him that she could lose her liquor license because of it, yet Gary'S weeney kept right on serving 17-18 year old pledges, because he claimed it wasn't that big of a deal.

He was the 60+ year old guy who wanted to be accepted by 18 year olds so badly that he was pouring them alcohol in an establishment even after people voiced their concerns to him about it.

Like DickShitHead when you rode the bench at Marshall.....as a bullpen catcher.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte
Who cares if he was just a “bullpen catcher”? He was a COLLEGIATE ATHLETE. Can you say the same? No. You are a JV statistician for a HIGH SCHOOL team.

I would bet that you still have a Blockbuster Video membership and your 1997 Pontiac Sunfire registration in your wallet.

Ive sat back and watched you for years. And i have to say that you are a complete rodeo ass-clown. Your “facts” are so jumbled it’s ridiculous. You are the AOC of this site.

Just stop.

Hey 19MU88....go to GOOGLE before making a fool out of yourself and saying the above........(1) "Bio Lady Diana".......DIED: August 31, 1997. (2) Marshall played at ARMY when the Cadets were MOSSED...the next weekend.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Looks like Yags pretty much set record straight and owned you for like the 2000th time on this site. So you double down on your stupidity and refer others to google? I took your advice and googled. The accident was on 8/30/97 which was later the day we played wvu in 1997. She died (or at least was pronounced dead)on 8/31/97 in the early morning hours. We played Army the following week.

Really, I get being wrong its been over 20 years ago. You were close, only one week off and I'm sure you crazy old brain is remembering some coverage of the event during the Army game or time period. They covered her forever after the accident and death.

Your behavior is vexing though, I mean to return to the board, double down on the stupidity, while referring others to google which only proves that the crazy old man was dead wrong all along. You must have sh!t for brains.

LIKE WHAT Dick shithead......my post is 100 % factual!

HerdeZilla22 in Charlotte

I’m pretty sure Roger Staubach never played in Michie Stadium. You said you had a vision of him when you were there. Your ghost was in Philadelphia. o_O

I'm convinced our fans will bitch about anything. It's a solid home and home and leave it at that. If you don't think our future nonconference looks attractive then you're just looking for something to bitch about. Mike's not a perfect AD (no one is), but when it comes to football scheduling he gets an A+. I think this year's schedule is fantastic. Sorry I don't need a P5 game to be satisfied. Boise on national TV is wonderful. Ohio at home is a solid game that should draw 30k+. Cincy at home is a perfect regional game. Hopefully they bring a few thousand fans. I'm disappointed in our lack of titles under Doc, but am also not going to live in the past. The fact is we bring back a hell of a team. We have a returning QB in his second year of the same system. We brought in a top notch D Coordinator. We have a ton of young talent. I'm looking forward to a great season.

I'm convinced our fans will bitch about anything. It's a solid home and home and leave it at that. If you don't think our future nonconference looks attractive then you're just looking for something to bitch about. Mike's not a perfect AD (no one is), but when it comes to football scheduling he gets an A+. I think this year's schedule is fantastic. Sorry I don't need a P5 game to be satisfied. Boise on national TV is wonderful. Ohio at home is a solid game that should draw 30k+. Cincy at home is a perfect regional game. Hopefully they bring a few thousand fans. I'm disappointed in our lack of titles under Doc, but am also not going to live in the past. The fact is we bring back a hell of a team. We have a returning QB in his second year of the same system. We brought in a top notch D Coordinator. We have a ton of young talent. I'm looking forward to a great season.
I like a good bitch session, but scheduling a home and home with Army is very good for Marshall.

Their fans are prolly saying - Marshall? Why the hell them?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
......this reminds me of the scene from “Training Day” where Denzel claims “King Kong’s got nuthin on me!”.....slowly, the folks of the neighborhood start walking away, until he’s the only one left standing there.....

......this reminds me of the scene from “Training Day” where Denzel claims “King Kong’s got nuthin on me!”.....slowly, the folks of the neighborhood start walking away, until he’s the only one left standing there.....

giphy.gif

Looks like Yags pretty much set record straight and owned you for like the 2000th time on this site.

Incorrect. "Owning" someone on the internet is a function of a stable adult mind. The mental defective has no ability coming anywhere near such a higher function. Rather, probably from his mom's basement, spends his meaningless and otherwise empty life spell and fact (despite getting the "facts" wrong much of the time) checking useful posters' posts. Probably on hundreds of websites who have not yet banned him. He never has anything to say actually about MU sports at all.

If someone wants to spend their worthless life posting idiocy like "you said the Trans-Am in Smokey and the Bandit was a 87, but it was an 86!!!!!!!! I'm smart, not dumb, like they all say, smart. I'm important!!!!!!! Look at me, look at how big I am!!!! You are all stupid, because I am smart. LOOK AT ME!!! I'm not a failed bum, I'm big." then that is his business. It is sad, but his business. But normal people should not encourage such behavior by treating him as if what he has to say is equal to what the rest of us have to say. Rather, we should hope he receives treatment and resumes a useful place in society.

Zilla and I have had differences of opinion. But both of us are MU fans and both of us have takes and information we want to share. The mental defective is neither an MU fan, nor a poster of any merit.

He never has anything to say actually about MU sports at all.

Samantha, you must have missed these four threads on the first page all started by the guy who routinely owns you. They were all positive about Marshall athletics and Marshall overall, and contrary to your usual posts, they didn't provide false information. Now, back to crying and pleading with us about how the AAC isn't superior to C-USA in any way:

https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/...e-taken-on-day-three-of-2019-mlb-draft.43633/

https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/threads/herd-baseball-alum-gets-called-up-to-the-bigs.43581/

https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/threads/baseball.43301/

https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/threads/this-is-good.43378/

Ryne Koobe.....I can see you are drugs now! If they read half of your condescending BS---they would call you more than a ShitHead!

Your HERD daddy=====MR. HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: The Real SamC
Who cares if he was just a “bullpen catcher”? He was a COLLEGIATE ATHLETE. Can you say the same? No. You are a JV statistician for a HIGH SCHOOL team.

I would bet that you still have a Blockbuster Video membership and your 1997 Pontiac Sunfire registration in your wallet.

Ive sat back and watched you for years. And i have to say that you are a complete rodeo ass-clown. Your “facts” are so jumbled it’s ridiculous. You are the AOC of this site.

Just stop.

Het DUDE AOC...I get paid for being the $ports Information Director for baseball...after "coaching up" many players that are or played in college and some are playing in major league farm systems!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

I can see you are drugs now!

You can see that I am drugs? Does that mean you're addicted to me?

I think it is time that Barry Giller is sent a link to this thread, as well as a link to a criminal conviction for assault of a woman.

Het DUDE AOC...I get paid for being the $ports Information Director for baseball...after "coaching up" many players that are or played in college and some are playing in major league farm systems!

Oh, stop it, Gary'S weeney. You sit in the bleachers doing the scorebook. It's amazing that you used to claim that you were an assistant coach, then after I called you out for doing the scorebook and not being allowed in the dugout, you switched your claim to being the "sports information director."

The only thing you have "coached up" is serving alcohol to minors and underage college students at your frat reunion, being a wife-beater, and recruiting fellow Marshall fans to the scam that was shut down by lawsuits from multiple state attorney generals.

Incorrect. "Owning" someone on the internet is a function of a stable adult mind. The mental defective has no ability coming anywhere near such a higher function. Rather, probably from his mom's basement, spends his meaningless and otherwise empty life spell and fact (despite getting the "facts" wrong much of the time) checking useful posters' posts. Probably on hundreds of websites who have not yet banned him. He never has anything to say actually about MU sports at all.

If someone wants to spend their worthless life posting idiocy like "you said the Trans-Am in Smokey and the Bandit was a 87, but it was an 86!!!!!!!! I'm smart, not dumb, like they all say, smart. I'm important!!!!!!! Look at me, look at how big I am!!!! You are all stupid, because I am smart. LOOK AT ME!!! I'm not a failed bum, I'm big." then that is his business. It is sad, but his business. But normal people should not encourage such behavior by treating him as if what he has to say is equal to what the rest of us have to say. Rather, we should hope he receives treatment and resumes a useful place in society.

Zilla and I have had differences of opinion. But both of us are MU fans and both of us have takes and information we want to share. The mental defective is neither an MU fan, nor a poster of any merit.

I don't disagree that Yags has issues. I just think it's pretty easy to see, despite these issues, he repeatedly owns this nut Herdzilla. I mean what an idiot.

Nail on the head!

You can see that I am drugs? Does that mean you're addicted to me?

I think it is time that Barry Giller is sent a link to this thread, as well as a link to a criminal conviction for assault of a woman.

Oh, stop it, Gary'S weeney. You sit in the bleachers doing the scorebook. It's amazing that you used to claim that you were an assistant coach, then after I called you out for doing the scorebook and not being allowed in the dugout, you switched your claim to being the "sports information director."

The only thing you have "coached up" is serving alcohol to minors and underage college students at your frat reunion, being a wife-beater, and recruiting fellow Marshall fans to the scam that was shut down by lawsuits from multiple state attorney generals.

He calls in the line scores to the local shoppers guide newspaper.

He calls in the line scores to the local shoppers guide newspaper.

Be careful with what you say. He will threaten to get his lawyer after you. I’m not sure if it’s the same attorney that couldn’t get him off of the assault on a woman charge or the scam incident, but he will threaten you with him regardless. Then, when you remind him that the attorney still has failed in tracking you down after a decade, he will promise to physically assault you when he finds you.

I don't disagree that Yags has issues. I just think it's pretty easy to see, despite these issues, he repeatedly owns this nut Herdzilla. I mean what an idiot.

The mental defective's "issues" are that he is a mental defective. Zilla and I have disagreed about a lot, particularly basketball. So have you and I, and most any other combination on this or any other board on any other subject. It is what boards are all about. So what?

That is different from this character does. We should not encourage him in ANY WAY. We should ignore everything he posts under any of his half-dozen names, regardless of the content and regardless of if it happens to bolster your point of view of another poster or subject. IGNORE this mental child and he will go away and impose himself on the other 1000 boards whose posters he bothers.

And the board will be better for it.

The mental defective's "issues" are that he is a mental defective. Zilla and I have disagreed about a lot, particularly basketball. So have you and I, and most any other combination on this or any other board on any other subject. It is what boards are all about. So what?

Yes, this is your reaction when you disagree with somebody and/or when your "facts" are shown to be fabricated.

Here is your response to Jocktalker:

As to "indifference to facts"

1 - LINK PLEASE

or

2 - S T F U

/thread

Here is your response to DCTHerd:

Now,

LINK PLEASE.

Or STFU.

Here is your response to people who chastised Stewart Butler for assaulting a guy due to him being gay (note your inability to spell "veracity"):

And perhaps the talking head idiots at ESPN, et al, will have the courtesy to STFU.

Here is your response to Leftygolfer1 when he made a statement that there were rampant rumors about football players doing drugs/misbehaving during the 2016 season (note your embarrassingly bad attempt at spelling "irresponsibly"):

Yet, irresponsabaly, you are willing to cast aspersions on nearly 100 people. And somehow not mentioning their names (which anyone can look up) makes it alright?

Until you have PROOF you should STFU.

Here's your response to writers from a website that raised questions regarding Marshall football:

Dear Jared, AJ and Tanner, Whoever the f*** you are:

If you have any EVIDENCE of "something going on" then put it up, or STFU.

Here's your response to me, a guy who played two sports at Marshall:

Also obvious that you know virtually nothing about any part of MU, sports or otherwise. Not going to feed the troll any more. STFU and go away.

This is your response to people who don't agree with how you think college football should crown a national champion:

Oh, and, but we had the same record as the "national champion". Umm, did you win all your games? No? Then STFU. You did? Oh, who did you play? Well, that is nice, but not the same as the other team from the higher league, so STFU.

This is your response to Herdalicious when he disagreed with your absurd view on the C-USA television situation:

With SPECIFIC DETAILS, please post EXACTLY what TV deal you would achieve, and EXPLAIN how you would achieve it in the current market situation.

If you cannot, you need to STFU.

As you can see, your mature way of having discussions with people of different opinions is to tell them to "shut the fvck up" and then fabricate facts to back up your argument. Yet you have the audacity to call somebody else "child." Christ, you look stupid, and that's not even referring to your frequent inability to spell basic words. You seem to have an issue controlling your temper, Samantha. I can see why you block people - it's because you get too angry when exposed for being a fraud, and the only thing you can resort to is "shut the fvck up."

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Jeeeesh, feeling a little left out.....don’t think I have ever been given the STFU tag. Best I could get was CBA (Chief Basketball Apologist).....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte
Hahaha sports info director. So they let you call Langston wertz with scores.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT