ADVERTISEMENT

A Letter to Herd Fans

Don't we have a football connection to Penn State somehow?

Yeah, years ago Herd AD Joe McMullen came to MU from Penn State where he had been on the Athletic Staff and had been, IIRC, an assistant to Joe Paterno for a while.

Also, Herd grad and former radio play by play guy Frank Giardina ended up working in the Penn State athletic department including, I believe, as one of their radio/media team.

Now you know, :)!

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
......a home & home with Penn St would be quite a coup for AD Hamrick....
I don't think they will pass up playing a sold out home game of over 100k to come to a stadium that only seats 39,000.
He said a team with great tradition, Had it been a P5 school I believe he would have said that.
I believe that the G5 school with the most tradition is probably Army.
3 national championships and a national following

The connection is the Dowry boys, or the fact that we almost hired Jerry Sandusky at one point.

I don't think they will pass up playing a sold out home game of over 100k to come to a stadium that only seats 39,000.
He said a team with great tradition, Had it been a P5 school I believe he would have said that.
I believe that the G5 school with the most tradition is probably Army.
3 national championships and a national following

I think you are correct. Now, if Hamrick accidentally omitted P5 from his comments...………..I only see a few ACC schools that could be considered "storied" and would also have the stadium size/attendance to consider visiting us. Miami, Cuse and GT. Now, BYU needs games and has a national title, other than Army and Navy they could be a G5 that may be considered storied. BYU would be fantastic.

Yeah, as much as I’d like it to be a p5, I would think is has to be Army or BYU. But then again, Yale has a lot of football tradition too.

I would like to see our rivalry with Catawba to be resumed.

We will exact revenge for that embarrassing loss in the Tangerine Bowl.

Reactions: 31Herd55
I actually impressed people read that Gone With The Wind type email. I don't even read emails that long from my boss let alone from an athletic director.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Well, I'll take the first stab at who might be that storied program, and will guess Army.

Go to the head of the class!

Best away football trip in my lifetime when Randy MOSS leaped over the top of the ARMY players on his way to an epic (ESPN) touchdown! Just sitting in their stadium and looking out at the Hudson River...and seeing ghosts of the past that played for the Cadets! Amazing place for sure.

WELCOME to Huntington===Army!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Some news there. We won't be on the NFL network this year.

That was my take from Mike's post.
He illustrates The HERD's football record being the BEST in CUSA the last few years [43 wins since 2014]...yet, NO GAMES on the NFL channel in the inaugural season!!!!!

Makes no Cent$ to me?

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
That was my take from Mike's post. He illustrates The HERD's football record being the BEST in CUSA the last few years...yet, NO GAMES on the NFL channel in the inaugural season!!!!!

Makes no Cent$ to me?

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte
NFL Network had the last picks. They could only choose from the games left over from CBSSN and Stadium. Keep in mind all the Facebook games were also picked by Stadium and CBSSN before NFL became a partner.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh you loser...
you're an ass and your comments will be flushed just like the rest of the fecal matter that you spew! Army sucks schedule over all no better than what we already have...so take out a P5 team for Army and keep the MAC schools rolling.

Unfortunately this is the direction things are going, if we want to play a P5 its likely no more home and home agreements, so a lopsided 2 for 1, 3 for 1 deal, or payday games against them. Sucks for us, and sucks for the Kansas, Purdue's, Vandy's of the P5 who can't leverage a 2 for 1 deal. I hope I am proven wrong, the last true home and home is Pitt. VT I think is a 2 for 1, someone can correct me if I am wrong on that. I am ok with scheduling other G5's, we were going to anyways. The AAC schools stand a better chance with scheduling, so as long as we are in this rotten version of CUSA, this is what we can expect. I would rather see us play Army and Navy than UL Monroe or Texas State though. Cincy, Boise, Army, Navy, that is our future in terms of schedule, with an occasional payday like USC threw at us. I am ok with that.

Reactions: CarolinaZilla69
Unfortunately this is the direction things are going, if we want to play a P5 its likely no more home and home agreements, so a lopsided 2 for 1, 3 for 1 deal, or payday games against them. Sucks for us, and sucks for the Kansas, Purdue's, Vandy's of the P5 who can't leverage a 2 for 1 deal. I hope I am proven wrong, the last true home and home is Pitt. VT I think is a 2 for 1, someone can correct me if I am wrong on that. I am ok with scheduling other G5's, we were going to anyways. The AAC schools stand a better chance with scheduling, so as long as we are in this rotten version of CUSA, this is what we can expect. I would rather see us play Army and Navy than UL Monroe or Texas State though. Cincy, Boise, Army, Navy, that is our future in terms of schedule, with an occasional payday like USC threw at us. I am ok with that.
Technically VT is a home and home. The game last year was a one and done for money

What a big steaming pile of crap that is... not much more incentive to buy season tickets than our current schedule filled with mediocre teams... a this is a greater risk for loss due to the style of play.
I find it pretty prestigious for a school the size of Marshall to get the opportunity to play against the service academies. I've never been to Army's facilities, but did get the opportunity to go to a Navy home game back in the 90's. The pagentry is top notch, and the campuses are spotless, and a must see, particularly for those of us that hold the military in high regard. Army is pre-season ranked, and hopefully they can continue to build on maintaining to be a decent program.

you're an ass and your comments will be flushed just like the rest of the fecal matter that you spew! Army sucks schedule over all no better than what we already have...so take out a P5 team for Army and keep the MAC schools rolling.

I would try responding, but you've made it clear your stupidity simply wouldn't allow sensible debate.
Then again, you get that from losers like yourself spewing pure idiocy.

I’m sorry, but how exactly does Army suck?!?!?!? They are 21-5 over the past two seasons and finished 2018 ranked #19/20 in the polls and have won two bowls in convincing fashion, not to mention all of the prestige that goes with the USMA.

Sheesh, its a great get by Hamrick.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
What a big steaming pile of crap that is... not much more incentive to buy season tickets than our current schedule filled with mediocre teams... a this is a greater risk for loss due to the style of play.
Your post is a steaming pile of crap. Army has been really good the last few years and ranked. They just about beat the Oklahoma Sooners. Hopefully, they continue their winning ways the next few years and this could be a very good match up. I am honored that Marshall is playing Army with their great tradition and how hard they play. Frankly, Marshall and Army is awesome. When Army wants to play you play them along with the other service academies. Any great American would do so and appreciate the opportunity.

I find it pretty prestigious for a school the size of Marshall to get the opportunity to play against the service academies. I've never been to Army's facilities, but did get the opportunity to go to a Navy home game back in the 90's. The pagentry is top notch, and the campuses are spotless, and a must see, particularly for those of us that hold the military in high regard. Army is pre-season ranked, and hopefully they can continue to build on maintaining to be a decent program.

Going to West Point when the Cadets were MOSSed [Randy]..... still.....ranks as my all-time favorite HERD road trip. Since I'm a Vietnam Veteran and PRO-MILITARY.....the Pageantry and History on the Hudson River was wonderful. I looked out of Mitchie Stadium and saw ghosts of Doc Blanchard, Glen Davis, Pete Dawkins, Roger Staubach [boo Navy}, and others. Their fans were cordial even with The HERD defeating them, and I will always remember that weekend since Lady Diane was murdered in a tunnel during my visit.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Your post is a steaming pile of crap. Army has been really good the last few years and ranked. They just about beat the Oklahoma Sooners. Hopefully, they continue their winning ways the next few years and this could be a very good match up. I am honored that Marshall is playing Army with their great tradition and how hard they play. Frankly, Marshall and Army is awesome. When Army wants to play you play them along with the other service academies. Any great American would do so and appreciate the opportunity.

Amen & Amen.
....Making America Great Again!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte....we are finally getting some much-needed RAIN after a 28-day lapse.

a30ed72aa9c3ea2d9c60697d14ec0c16--memes.jpg

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
Going to West Point when the Cadets were MOSSed [Randy]..... still.....ranks as my all-time favorite HERD road trip. Since I'm a Vietnam Veteran and PRO-MILITARY.....the Pageantry and History on the Hudson River was wonderful. I looked out of Mitchie Stadium and saw ghosts of Doc Blanchard, Glen Davis, Pete Dawkins, Roger Staubach [boo Navy}, and others. Their fans were cordial even with The HERD defeating them, and I will always remember that weekend since Lady Diane was murdered in a tunnel during my visit.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

You are so full of s- - - And inaccurate about so many things.

Reactions: Y.A.G Si Ye Nots
I'm so tired of your shit, everything you type is negative. Oh sorry, I was only having a 'Beefcake' moment.

Reactions: i am herdman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT