ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Taylor leaves MSU

And Marshall fans should be interested?

Not trying to be testy, but it’s the Aaron Perkins Paradox. We shouldn’t care about anything but just cheering for Marshall. The bodies in the uniform, past, present or future, don’t matter. However, we seem to fixate on former players that voluntarily shunned Marshall. I thought he was a ball hog when he was here and that, coupled with his unwillingness to put forth defensive effort (some coaches actually expect that), didn’t fly in the SEC.

Not trying to be testy, but it’s the Aaron Perkins Paradox. We shouldn’t care about anything but just cheering for Marshall. The bodies in the uniform, past, present or future, don’t matter. However, we seem to fixate on former players that voluntarily shunned Marshall. I thought he was a ball hog when he was here and that, coupled with his unwillingness to put forth defensive effort (some coaches actually expect that), didn’t fly in the SEC.
100% correct in your analysis of Andy, you could also throw in he was careless with the ball when he was here. not that he passed it much!

I get it and I'm with you. Thought it would be of interest to some folks, though.

Trying to determine if I should be offended…

Trying to determine if I should be offended…
Offense is an adult emotion.

Just keep posting that anything with Marshall written on it is the besssstest evveeeer!!! If the adults have a discussion of the coach, just post that he is the Marshall coach, so obviously he is the nation's best. If the adults are talking about a player, just post that he is a Marshall player, so obviously we beat out Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State, Astronaut Training School and being appointed Commandant of the Marine Corps for him. If we are talking about the records, pipe into say that we are "negative" and try to explain how 5-7 is really a good deal.

In other words, just be a typical WVU fan, except in green and white.

Offense is an adult emotion.

Just keep posting that anything with Marshall written on it is the besssstest evveeeer!!! If the adults have a discussion of the coach, just post that he is the Marshall coach, so obviously he is the nation's best. If the adults are talking about a player, just post that he is a Marshall player, so obviously we beat out Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State, Astronaut Training School and being appointed Commandant of the Marine Corps for him. If we are talking about the records, pipe into say that we are "negative" and try to explain how 5-7 is really a good deal.

In other words, just be a typical WVU fan, except in green and white.
In other words, you get offended and complain about others with a different opinion; ultimately placing some posters on ignore because you dont want to read when you're called out for hypocrisy and misinformation.

Troll:

Why are you here? Marshall exists. It has fans. There is nothing you and your blue and gold buddies can do about it. Move on.

Thank, but no. I'm fine.

We have a troll about. That can really hurt a message board. It is up to everyone to fight trollism. My explanation for this troll's existence here is affinity for the blue and yellow, whose non-alumni fans burn with petty jealousy of us every day. Maybe not. Maybe he is just someone with mental problems, some bored house wife, some kid. Whatever. He (she?) is a troll and needs dealt with.

Thank, but no. I'm fine.

We have a troll about. That can really hurt a message board. It is up to everyone to fight trollism. My explanation for this troll's existence here is affinity for the blue and yellow, whose non-alumni fans burn with petty jealousy of us every day. Maybe not. Maybe he is just someone with mental problems, some bored house wife, some kid. Whatever. He (she?) is a troll and needs dealt with.
And who’s going to deal with him? Certainly not you, a voice of one.

And who’s going to deal with him? Certainly not you, a voice of one.
What part of:
It is up to everyone to fight trollism.
Do you not get?

This troll was exposed when he went on his fictitious rant about the BP era. The only people who believe that, in my experience, are Spamites, which leads me to the conclusion that he is one. Maybe not, could be a bored housewife or whatnot. Whatever, he (she) is a troll and everyone on a board has to fight trolling.

Trolls live to get a rise out of people. I'm done with this idiot, no more from me. But, sadly, some others have picked up on this guy's (gal's?) behaviors. Don't do it. I' did graduate from MU. I do go the most all MU games. I have no affinity for New Mexico State. I am not female (not that my opinions would be any less important if I was, which is another reason I believe the troll is a Spamite, calling those you disagree with girls was a common Spamite behavior back in the TITM days). This idiot just made all of this up. No proof, no links, no quotes. Typical troll.

And BTW, as to the McDonald's thing, they tore the one from the BP era and replaced it with a new one, and I happened to be by the stadium when the tear down was going on and casually asked about it one summer when nothing was up. This trolling idiot (who at least claims to live in North Carolina, and thus how exactly would he know anything) has misrepresented that for years.

It is up to everyone to fight trolling. Ignore the troll. Don't repeat his material, even if I happen to say something you disagree with. This board is about MU fans.

Last edited:
Do you not get?
We get it. You lie. One lie after another. Everyone knows what you've typed and made up here.

What fictitious rant about BP? Your exact words were proven to be untrue. "Bob Pruett didn't know..." LIES according to the NCAA comments I copy and pasted.

You think "sammy" is a female name? You complain about being called a woman and then proceed to be a sexist, misogynist jerkoff with this comment: "A bored housewife". And you wonder why everyone laughs at you for being a hypocrite.

Now you make up excuses for not knowing whether McDonald's was beside the stadium?? Bahahahaha. You just cant stop lying. How do I know this...because I go to marshall games every season and visit family that still lives in Htgn throughout the year. Anyone that goes to Marshall games regularly and lives in Htgn knows that McDonald's has never been closed "one summer" in recent years. No way you go to Marshall games "regularly".
This board is about MU fans.
Which is why your diatribes of inane commentary are largely laughed at by most real MU fans (like me).

Last edited:
Reactions: Weirgreen
As stated, I am done with this Spamite troll. Other than pointing out his non-Marshall and troll status, you will hear nothing from me vis this troll. As (s)he never posts anything substantive about MU sports anyway, there really is nothing to respond to. Just his/her disproven lies about BP, and wholly made up stuff about me.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
"BP never knew about mops for props.", "Marshall isn't for you", "Delusional Marshall fans thinking we should win, just because we are Marshall", "Is the Mcdonalds still behind the stadium?", "There will be no baseball stadium...permits haven't even been filed...just pushing around dirt..." All sammy ramblings.

This is why I've suggested he just keep us up to date on the ESPN telecast schedule. No other commentary is needed, because it ends up being wrong. I've not been the only one pointing this out over the years.

The fact that we have two threads about a former player who bolted, and very little mention of how our women's team is in first place and got votes for the top 25; blows my mind.
He gone. Don't give a shit.
Real question is: Does he have his college degree and, if so, from where? Started out at Furman, IIRC, then came to, and played for, Marshall. I believe he was in Huntington for 2+ years, at least. Has been at Miss. State at least a year, I believe. Now possibly coming back to to H-town work. Who knows, he also may be a class or two short of a degree and could plan to finish the degree at MU. If that is the case, I wish him well and hope he is a loyal and good MU alum for life. No reason to throw this young man, a former MU student and player, under the bus for life!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Real question is: Does he have his college degree and, if so, from where? Started out at Furman, IIRC, then came to, and played for, Marshall. I believe he was in Huntington for 2+ years, at least. Has been at Miss. State at least a year, I believe. Now possibly coming back to to H-town work. Who knows, he also may be a class or two short of a degree and could plan to finish the degree at MU. If that is the case, I wish him well and hope he is a loyal and good MU alum for life. No reason to throw this young man, a former MU student and player, under the bus for life!!
We all live with the choices we make. It's how he left that sours me. Flat out lying to DD. I wish him well but don't care what he does.

We all live with the choices we make. It's how he left that sours me. Flat out lying to DD. I wish him well but don't care what he does.
What sours me a lot more, besides a player who is productive and tries to find another place where he may benefit, both in his game, and also financially, is that for EVERY player like that, Danny foolishly lets guys who clearly can't play at this level and contribute very little to NOTHING in game action to the program, remain year after year on the team doing nothing but blowing hard to raise scholarship monies. The reason: (a) Danny's stubborn ego, (b) Danny's lack of backbone and gravitas necessary to make the "hard" personnel decisions that most/all successful D1 Head Coaches have to make in order to attain the success they are paid to make, (c) Danny's advancing age, (d) sheer stupidity, or (e), ALL of the preceding!

What sours me a lot more, besides a player who is productive and tries to find another place where he may benefit, both in his game, and also financially, is that for EVERY player like that, Danny foolishly lets guys who clearly can't play at this level and contribute very little to NOTHING in game action to the program, remain year after year on the team doing nothing but blowing hard to raise scholarship monies. The reason: (a) Danny's stubborn ego, (b) Danny's lack of backbone and gravitas necessary to make the "hard" personnel decisions that most/all successful D1 Head Coaches have to make in order to attain the success they are paid to make, (c) Danny's advancing age, (d) sheer stupidity, or (e), ALL of the preceding!
That's the tough part of all this. Danny is a legend, a true son of Marshall. You would hate that he would stay so long that his reputation would be tarnished or he would have to be fired. None of us want that.
I am sure in his mind, he is doing everything he thinks is right to move the program forward.

That's the tough part of all this. Danny is a legend, a true son of Marshall. You would hate that he would stay so long that his reputation would be tarnished or he would have to be fired. None of us want that.
I am sure in his mind, he is doing everything he thinks is right to move the program forward.

Only problem with your last sentence is that what is in Danny's mind re: moving "the program forward" flies in the face of REALITY!! A record of slightly over .500 in TEN YEARS is indicative of very little progress. About as much moving forward as a pool of cold molasses on a flat tabletop!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT