ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Field Update

I believe we need an apology from all the doubters and haters in regard to the field. So many thought it wouldn’t be done, bc it’s been in the talks for so long. But as soon as the city won that money and laid out a plan for the area (regardless of who paid for the field) I knew it was going to happen.

So kudos to past and current administrations to help this come to fruition so my kids can grow up watching Marshall baseball.

I believe we need an apology from all the doubters and haters in regard to the field. So many thought it wouldn’t be done, bc it’s been in the talks for so long. But as soon as the city won that money and laid out a plan for the area (regardless of who paid for the field) I knew it was going to happen.

So kudos to past and current administrations to help this come to fruition so my kids can grow up watching Marshall baseball.
…..in my experience, doubters & haters tend to develop debilitating bouts of arthritis & laryngitis when it comes to apologies!

What exactly was you guys' role in building this venue, such that someone would owe you an "apology"?

For over 50 years, MU presidents, ADs, coaches, BG leaders, local politicians of all stripes and parties, and other big wigs have announced plan after plan. Multiple artists conceptions, several groundbreakings, different sets of plans, locations all over Cabell County and even beyond. All false promises. Some lies, some just plain failures to get the job done.

And, many posters, including myself, simply pointed that out when, naively, others took the latest of 100s of plans seriously. We were not only right to do so, we were right about every one of these plans, until the last one.

So in walks Jimmy Justice, the first MU graduate elected to statewide office living memory, who gets the job done.

Get Big Jim on here, or even Baby Dog, and I will apologize to him. He had a role in this. You did not.

Reactions: Elkview
What exactly was you guys' role in building this venue, such that someone would owe you an "apology"?

For over 50 years, MU presidents, ADs, coaches, BG leaders, local politicians of all stripes and parties, and other big wigs have announced plan after plan. Multiple artists conceptions, several groundbreakings, different sets of plans, locations all over Cabell County and even beyond. All false promises. Some lies, some just plain failures to get the job done.

And, many posters, including myself, simply pointed that out when, naively, others took the latest of 100s of plans seriously. We were not only right to do so, we were right about every one of these plans, until the last one.

So in walks Jimmy Justice, the first MU graduate elected to statewide office living memory, who gets the job done.

Get Big Jim on here, or even Baby Dog, and I will apologize to him. He had a role in this. You did not.
So, you admit to being both a doubter AND a hater! Ahah!!!!

A doubter? Yes, of course. When those in power fail and or lie about something, for 50 years, it is smart to doubt them.

Sorely needed facility as indicated by decades of usage by the HERD Baseball Team of inadequate jokes such as St. Cloud's Commons, a pony league facility at University Heights, a similar facility near the old Field House, etc., etc., going on at least 60 years or more!! So, at last, after nearly three quarters of a century, the situation is finally on the verge of being rectified!!! Pats on the back ALL AROUND!!! And many people still want to ARGUE that real PROGRESS is achieved in Huntington at the speed of an aging snail heading up a STEEP INCLINE!! Such DOUBTERS! Tsk! Tsk!!!

But now, it's all coming to fruition. And you can munch on your doubting words.
Nah man, gtfoh, Marshall prior BS’d decades of coaches/recruits/boosters about a baseball stadium and never got it done until now. I also remember the IPF announcement at the KState then that not being exactly accurate info

Reactions: The Real SamC
Don't forget about Robert Byrd. ;)
What about him?

He avoided service in WWII and thus had no GI Bill benefits. He then tried to attend Marshall for one semester to avoid the post-war draft, before running out of money. He never graduated from Marshall. Later, in a practice that was common in that era, American University granted him a law degree without any actual course work. There were a lot of uneducated senators and congressmen in that generation and this was a common thing, on the understanding that they would never actually use the degree. Decades later MU awarded him an unearned degree on the "he was poor and ran out of money" tale.

You are a great dude. Wanna go have a beer?

• Haha
Reactions: MUMAN3419
It was certainly reasonable not to believe it would be built based on history. While you owe no one on here an apology, you were blatantly wrong.

What about him?

He avoided service in WWII and thus had no GI Bill benefits. He then tried to attend Marshall for one semester to avoid the post-war draft, before running out of money. He never graduated from Marshall. Later, in a practice that was common in that era, American University granted him a law degree without any actual course work. There were a lot of uneducated senators and congressmen in that generation and this was a common thing, on the understanding that they would never actually use the degree. Decades later MU awarded him an unearned degree on the "he was poor and ran out of money" tale.
Nice fluffery.

I always considered Cecil Underwood a Son of Marshall.

He didn't graduate or attend Marshall but both he and his wife gave Marshall the ultimate gift:

They donated their bodies to the Marshall School of Medicine.

He didn't graduate or attend Marshall but both he and his wife gave Marshall the ultimate gift:

Underwood holds a “56 game hitting streak” type record:
Both the youngest and the oldest man to hold the office of Governor in WV……

They donated their bodies to be gross anatomy dissection cadavers?

They donated their bodies to be gross anatomy dissection cadavers?
From the 12/01/2008 HD...

True to his original occupation as a biology teacher, Underwood requested that his body be donated to the medical school at Marshall University, which is also what his late wife, Hovah, requested.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT