ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Signees

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
When you take transfers, especially grad transfers who only have a year to play, you expect immediate results. You don't have time to develop, so you need plug-and-play guys. Marshall baseball didn't do that in this signing period:

Noah Farrar (Huntington/Potomac State): 8 at bats, 1 hit. If the kid wasn't good enough to play at Potomac State, what the fvck is he doing at Marshall?
Caden Kaiser (Ohio State): .254 avg., 1 HR, 59 at bats. The kid has 101 career at bats with a .228 average and 2 HRs, He doesn't run (2 career stolen bases). What do we expect him to do for us?
Alex McKay (Mercer): Last season, he pitched 9.1 innings and had a 9.64 ERA . . . and that was his best season in his career. As a sophomore, his ERA was 45.00 (not 4.50) over .2 innings As a freshman, it was 13.50 over 1.1 innings. So he wasn't good enough to really get on the field as a freshman or sophomore, and when he did as a junior, he got his tits lit up.
Ethan Murdoch (Canada): He's Canadian. Not sure if it matters.
Jack Firestone (Akron): .252 avg., 17 HRs. 206 at bats with 90 strikeouts. So the kid is basically going to hit a bomb or strike out. He strikes out 43% of his at bats. I am not sure I have seen that at any level before. The worst strikeout hitter in MLB history (sorry Adam Dunne) is Mark Reynolds. I believe he struck out once every 2.6 at bats. This new Marshall kid strikes out once every two at bats.

Somebody needs to ask this new coach what the hell he is doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elkview
When you take transfers, especially grad transfers who only have a year to play, you expect immediate results. You don't have time to develop, so you need plug-and-play guys. Marshall baseball didn't do that in this signing period:

Noah Farrar (Huntington/Potomac State): 8 at bats, 1 hit. If the kid wasn't good enough to play at Potomac State, what the fvck is he doing at Marshall?
Caden Kaiser (Ohio State): .254 avg., 1 HR, 59 at bats. The kid has 101 career at bats with a .101 average and 2 HRs, He doesn't run (2 career stolen bases). What do we expect him to do for us?
Alex McKay (Mercer): Last season, he pitched 9.1 innings and had a 9.64 ERA . . . and that was his best season in his career. As a sophomore, his ERA was 45.00 (not 4.50) over .2 innings As a freshman, it was 13.50 over 1.1 innings. So he wasn't good enough to really get on the field as a freshman or sophomore, and when he did as a junior, he got his tits lit up.
Jack Firestone (Akron): .252 avg., 17 HRs. 206 at bats with 90 strikeouts. So the kid is basically going to hit a bomb or strike out. He strikes out 43% of his at bats. I am not sure I have seen that at any level before. The worst strikeout hitter in MLB history (sorry Adam Dunne) is Mark Reynolds. I believe he struck out once every 2.6 at bats. This new Marshall kid strikes out once every two at bats.

Why don't you do it? Just pick up the phone and call him. I know he'll appreciate the opinion and give you all the feedback you desire.

Caden Kaiser (Ohio State): .254 avg., 1 HR, 59 at bats. The kid has 101 career at bats with a .228 average and 2 HRs, He doesn't run (2 career stolen bases). What do we expect him to do for us?

Sad, considering we actually have a field that people can walk over and see that it’s actually going to exist to recruit with

Reactions: Elkview
Why don't you do it? Just pick up the phone and call him. I know he'll appreciate the opinion and give you all the feedback you desire.
This reminds me of when he said Guidry was a bad hire as DC

Reactions: whf2
Breaking your rule again, stalker.

Guidry was too risky of a hire. Regardless of success he had, his history was too rough to take the risk to Marshall students and Huntington residents as well as the message that it conveyed.

But go ahead - defend those signings in baseball.

Really . . . the first three kids listed? Please have Marshall call me for a donation so that I can discuss how none of my money should go towards the baseball team when they give scholarship money to transfers with production like that.

Are we fielding a JV team this season or something? Can I get the money for my brick back? After years of college participation, what would lead a coach to see anything promising from those results?

Really . . . the first three kids listed? Please have Marshall call me for a donation so that I can discuss how none of my money should go towards the baseball team when they give scholarship money to transfers with production like that.

Are we fielding a JV team this season or something? Can I get the money for my brick back? After years of college participation, what would lead a coach to see anything promising from those results?
Did Dave piepinbrink have a mullet in the early 90s? I went to Jack cook baseball camp in the early 90s in the summers and I’m almost positive he was one of the coaches/counselors there for Jack.

Someone please explain to Rifle the difference in responding to him vs responding to someone else about him. I never said I would not laugh at rifle, I said I wouldn't respond to him on this board. Words are hard.

Last edited:
Last edited: 30 minutes ago
So after i call your your error for doing exactly what you accused me of doing, you go back and edit it.

You really are as dumb in real life as everybody sees that you are on here, huh?

Caiden Kaiser must be a catcher. His BA is right there with other former Marshall catchers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT