ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Stadium

Please. Do you know the details of the fundraiser without looking it up? Do you know how you can donate and how to do it?
What are the time lines involved?

I wasn’t on Herdzone early on, I had to call the AD to get a form mailed to donate.
Funny cause yesterday I looked it up in anticipation of how easy it is. You'll get links about Herd Rises Campaign including ways to donate. They have a scale of their goal and how much has been raised (it looks to be about $107 million? Its a thermometer style scale). They've also listed where the money is going and what sort of impacts it'll have on MU and athletics.

That’s excellent. Glad they have it posted. As they should. When I donated last summer, nothing was up on the site. They need to be as open and out there as they can.

Only 367 or so donated to the Vision and 4-6 donors accounted for basically 90% of the funds raised. Gotta get that fixed!

That’s excellent. Glad they have it posted. As they should. When I donated last summer, nothing was up on the site. They need to be as open and out there as they can.

Only 367 or so donated to the Vision and 4-6 donors accounted for basically 90% of the funds raised. Gotta get that fixed!

Well, you know where to go and who to speak to, to complain about it.

Funny cause yesterday I looked it up in anticipation of how easy it is. You'll get links about Herd Rises Campaign including ways to donate.
Also listed is an e-mail and number to the person to get in touch with about it.
They have a scale of their goal and how much has been raised (it looks to be about $107 million? Its a thermometer style scale). They've also listed where the money is going and what sort of impacts it'll have on MU and athletics.
You have confused the Marshall Rises campaign with the Herd Rises campaign.
The Marshall Rises at Marshall.edu/rises is the bigger of the two and is academic. It has over $107 million on hand. The Herd Rises campaign is the baseball facility. Forms to pledge are on Herdzone.com They have no campaign progress mentioned

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
You have confused the Marshall Rises campaign with the Herd Rises campaign.
The Marshall Rises at Marshall.edu/rises is the bigger of the two and is academic. It has over $107 million on hand. The Herd Rises campaign is the baseball facility. Forms to pledge are on Herdzone.com They have no campaign progress mentioned

Rises includes the baseball stadium in it.

Are you Hamricks or Docs mom? Geezus.

Herd Rises and Marshall Rises are two separate campaigns. Just so you know.

of course you’ve prolly not donated to either.

I am not Doc's mom nor Hamrick's mom. Someone who disagrees with you is suddenly related to someone else because of it...and such logic is what outsiders displaced on fandom are going to see should they stumble here.
As a BG member and someone who did donate just to get their mail to stop, I am proud to have donated to the cause. Not sure what you're getting at with the accusations to begin with. Someone must be upset.

Well ****...some articles say its Herd Rises and includes the stadium and others say its Marshall Rises and includes the stadium and about dozen other facilities and changes/upgrades.

I think I know why nothing has been said specifically about the stadium and uh...its not good...at all.

Looks like the baseball stadium is a part of Marshall Rises...

http://www.marshall.edu/rises/#pillars

One of the pillars...

"When we say Creating an Environment of Innovative Learning, we mean new and renovated academic spaces like a new business school and athletic facilities like a new baseball stadium."

Upon further review.

The two ARE different.

I apologize for not having taken more of an effort to distinguish between them.
I didn't intend to mislead anyone.

I was wrong and I'm sorry for the mistake I have made on here about the two campaign fundraisers.

Upon further review.

The two ARE different.

I was wrong and I'm sorry for the mistake I have made on here about the two campaign fundraisers.
You are human!

Upon further review.

The two ARE different.

No worries man. We all want what’s best for MU.

Reactions: Elkview
The last "information " I heard regarding the design of the baseball stadium is that the final design isn't final yet. And the final design may or may not look like what's been released in news stories and press releases. I guess it may depend on what funding is available when the construction starts.

Upon further review.

The two ARE different.

Herdrises is the athletic component of the $150M Marshall rises campaign. The Athletic component is $22M and has been going through the silent phase.

Here is the Herdrises part of the campaign from the Big Green website.

https://flipbooks.bulldogcdn.com/big-green/herd-rising/?page=1

go to page 2 and you will see the part.

People need to get on board. This is a good thing for Marshall. The baseball stadium will be nice and I am sure look different that pictures. The work on the basketball facility is much needed for the basketball teams. It doesn't matter...some will complain no matter what Marshall as a whole will do with the whole $150M campaign. all I know is people need to step up (me included) as we have lost some big donors in recent years.

Herdrises is the athletic component of the $150M Marshall rises campaign. The Athletic component is $22M and has been going through the silent phase.

Here is the Herdrises part of the campaign from the Big Green website.

https://flipbooks.bulldogcdn.com/big-green/herd-rising/?page=1

go to page 2 and you will see the part.

People need to get on board. This is a good thing for Marshall. The baseball stadium will be nice and I am sure look different that pictures. The work on the basketball facility is much needed for the basketball teams. It doesn't matter...some will complain no matter what Marshall as a whole will do with the whole $150M campaign. all I know is people need to step up (me included) as we have lost some big donors in recent years.

Thanks for posting. For the Herd Rises campaign they give you the option of a 5 year plan to pay off any pledge. Gives someone the chance to donate more without hurting the wallet too much.

Last edited:
This site is toxic. Im as big a Herd fan as any but rarely check Herd Nation. I used to be a regular participant years ago but it’s changed.

Sure I have occasionally in the Past vented my frustration for coaching decisions but the constant negative energy emanating from this FAN board just sucks the desire out of you to want to be involved.

Mike Hamrick truly loves this University as well as every member of the athletic department including the marketing people (a constant target of the all knowing). The constant second guessing and belittling of our Athletic Department is Mad.

Yes, some former players are aware of it. After the administration allowed the athletic department to repeatedly lie to recruits about the stadium and trick them into coming to Marshall, the athletic department is now offering the great opportunity to temporarily sponsor a locker for just $5000.
I might want one.

i am herdman, "The People's Moderator". With picture of my bust(head not by chest). I want a good locker too. Not one near the corner or the first one near the shitters.

This site is toxic. Im as big a Herd fan as any but rarely check Herd Nation. I used to be a regular participant years ago but it’s changed.

Sure I have occasionally in the Past vented my frustration for coaching decisions but the constant negative energy emanating from this FAN board just sucks the desire out of you to want to be involved.

Mike Hamrick truly loves this University as well as every member of the athletic department including the marketing people (a constant target of the all knowing). The constant second guessing and belittling of our Athletic Department is Mad.

The other board is much worse.

Yeah, Marshall fans have no right to question or second guess the athletic department.

How dare Marshall fans question the athletic department considering our athletic programs have won about 2% of all conference championships in all sports since joining Conference USA?

How dare Marshall fans question the athletic department considering fan attendance in the biggest sport is considerably less than it was under the previous administration?

How dare Marshall fans question the athletic department considering the baseball team plays its conference games 45 minutes from the school?

How dare Marshall fans question the athletic department when the head of it has publicly ridiculed/chastised fans for speaking out against the acceptance of mediocrity?

How dare Marshall fans question the athletic department when they have had numerous of our biggest recent stars cut ties with the university over numerous different incidents?

How dare Marshall fans question the athletic department when they do things like try to solicit absurdly high donation requirements for things much bigger schools/programs/sports to for far lower to their donors?

And if that isn't enough, go back and read the first stat about Marshall winning about 2% of C-USA championships. That alone is enough for more than questioning to be taking place.

Reactions: Elkview and mufan08
That’s embarrassing but par for the course. So they were off by about 40% on their estimate?

Is there a professor in the math department who will loan the athletic department a calculator? Will they raise the amounts to temporarily sponsor a locker to $200,000 to account for their woefully inaccurate estimate?

Reactions: Elkview
If we could put rifle in charge of the athletic department all of our troubles would be taken care of.

If we could put rifle in charge of the athletic department all of our troubles would be taken care of.

Not all, but I guarantee I’d have a better football coach running the program (yes, I realize that is not setting much of an elevated standard to accomplish).

By the way, how many successful and growing bicycle company founders did you have reach out to you today asking you to invest and receive, at minimum, 50% equity today?

Reactions: i am herdman
I know it’s early but how can we be 8 Mil off on bids. 1-2 mil maybe but 8? Sounds like our consultant group didn’t do their homework. I’d say we’re looking at the 2022 season now without major changes to the design and watering it down. Jmo.

Everyone knew that area was our little “chemical valley”

I woke up this morning, saw the headline about the baseball stadium not being built because the estimates were woefully inaccurate, and my first thought was "My God, rifle is going to be on fire today."... And here we are.

How in an athletic department, filled with educated people, can we go from a moderate cluster**** (a stadium design that looks to be poorly devised compared to similar facilities at other universities) to a total dumpster fire (not being able to estimate how much our poorly planned stadium is going to cost and thus pushing it back to whenever)?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I know it’s early but how can we be 8 Mil off on bids. 1-2 mil maybe but 8? Sounds like our consultant group didn’t do their homework. I’d say we’re looking at the 2022 season now without major changes to the design and watering it down. Jmo.

wow I have to agree. Maybe a million or so but that is a huge amount under. Maybe they can have the Amish come to town and build it for them. Ihear they do good work at a fraction of the cost. :)

Reactions: Elkview and RhinoD

Here is a leaked photo of our new proposed "value engineered" design... We should be able to make some money hosting the Cabell County Church League Tournament during the week.

Document

Not all, but I guarantee I’d have a better football coach running the program (yes, I realize that is not setting much of an elevated standard to accomplish).

By the way, how many successful and growing bicycle company founders did you have reach out to you today asking you to invest and receive, at minimum, 50% equity today?

as a big herd fan and independently wealthy how much do you "invest" or "donate" to the BG or fund raising like the Herd or Marshall rises.? If that's too personal, I understand no answer but it would be good to see one of our wealthy alumni giving back. you may be able to inspire others.

Marshall should have done the design build process. Meaning you design the stadium based on the budgeted dollars. Rather than getting a wish list together and hoping it’s close to budgeted costs. Which appears to be what we have done.

My buddy did the design build process on the High Point stadium and it was built right on budget. Fayetteville, NC did theirs by a consultant and wish list ; and came in 7 million over budget.

Reactions: ohio herd
Marshall should have done the design build process. Meaning you design the stadium based on the budgeted dollars. Rather than getting a wish list together and hoping it’s close to budgeted costs. Which appears to be what we have done.

My buddy did the design build process on the High Point stadium and it was built right on budget. Fayetteville, NC did theirs by a consultant and wish list ; and came in 7 million over budget.
we did this( design build) for my church and came in just a little over on a 2 million dollar project. Not rocket science.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I'd love that. Then some investigations into who he is would reveal he is a 2%er...as in only 2% correct in all he claims and knows.

I woke up this morning . . . and my first thought was "My God, rifle is going to be on fire today."...

I hope I'm never again your first thought when you wake up in the morning.

as a big herd fan and independently wealthy how much do you "invest" or "donate" to the BG or fund raising like the Herd or Marshall rises.? If that's too personal, I understand no answer but it would be good to see one of our wealthy alumni giving back. you may be able to inspire others.

1) I've never claimed to be independently wealthy. One of my partners owns his own plane, the hangar it is in, and multiple million dollar properties. Another partner owns 35+ Crumbl Cookie franchises and a $14 million house. Another partner recently closed on a $4+ million property to go along with his collection of car dealerships. A partner in another venture just invested $1.5 million into our company. A potential other partner runs a bike company that Bike Magazine just named as having the best mountain bike under $5000. Those guys, with the exception of the last one who isn't independently wealthy until he/we end up selling, all fit that mold. In the meantime, I'm just a guy who owns three properties (one which has no mortgage), three cars (two which are considered "luxury"), and is a partner in two companies, possibly a third, and the sole member of another.

2) There are plenty of "independently wealthy" Herd fans who give little to no money to the current administration. That's as inspiring as others giving money.

Here is a leaked photo of our new proposed "value engineered" design... We should be able to make some money hosting the Cabell County Church League Tournament during the week.

Document

Even that design allows for a grassy berm area.

I'd love that. Then some investigations into who he is would reveal he is a 2%er...as in only 2% correct in all he claims and knows.

Tell us again about your expertise in the Marshall Rises vs. Herd Rises campaigns, moron.

I hope I'm never again your first thought when you wake up in the morning.

1) I've never claimed to be independently wealthy. One of my partners owns his own plane, the hangar it is in, and multiple million dollar properties. Another partner owns 35+ Crumbl Cookie franchises and a $14 million house. Another partner recently closed on a $4+ million property to go along with his collection of car dealerships. A partner in another venture just invested $1.5 million into our company. A potential other partner runs a bike company that Bike Magazine just named as having the best mountain bike under $5000. Those guys, with the exception of the last one who isn't independently wealthy until he/we end up selling, all fit that mold. In the meantime, I'm just a guy who owns three properties (one which has no mortgage), three cars (two which are considered "luxury"), and is a partner in two companies, possibly a third, and the sole member of another.

2) There are plenty of "independently wealthy" Herd fans who give little to no money to the current administration. That's as inspiring as others giving money.

Even that design allows for a grassy berm area.

Tell us again about your expertise in the Marshall Rises vs. Herd Rises campaigns, moron.

As much as your ability to be hired by anyone with a credible record.
Unlike you, I admit when I am wrong.

Continue to lose hair and ground on America's youth though!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT