ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

Looks like you were correct. Only a short commentary....very predictable

Let's bring logic into this to further expose how much of a moron you are.

In this thread, I have two posts that are a single line long. I have five posts that are two lines long. I have two posts that are three lines long. I have four that are four lines long. So when I post one that is three lines long, you claim that it was "short commentary" compared to the usual posts by me in this thread? Brilliant.

This is the time you say "I'm your puppet master. You're so easy and predictable." And as I have pointed out before, you making yourself look like more of a jackass by saying illogical things and me calling you out for those things isn't a win for you. It's why your kind have made numerous posts against you and talked about how you bring nothing to this board.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
Let's bring logic into this to further expose how much of a moron you are.

In this thread, I have two posts that are a single line long. I have five posts that are two lines long. I have two posts that are three lines long. I have four that are four lines long. So when I post one that is three lines long, you claim that it was "short commentary" compared to the usual posts by me in this thread? Brilliant.

This is the time you say "I'm your puppet master. You're so easy and predictable." And as I have pointed out before, you making yourself look like more of a jackass by saying illogical things and me calling you out for those things isn't a win for you. It's why your kind have made numerous posts against you and talked about how you bring nothing to this board.
Take it easy. You are coming a little unraveled. I simply acknowledge mutheds accurate statement.

Hahahahaha foundation?!?! Rifles teams sucked just as bad. Face it we were never nor will we ever be a baseball school.
Did you ever think we would be a soccer school. One with a national championship?

And be honest.

I remember in the 80s there was talk of new football stadium. Being dumb short sighted college kids we laughed. Worried more that we would lose the Varsity when it was built.

Did you ever think you would see the day we would go to Notre Dame and win?

Again, be honest.

That would make sense if I were addressing the team directly as their coach. But I’m not.

Among fans, I’m discussing just how drastically bad this team is. I’m not trying to give the team a pep talk. I’m discussing the historical awfulness of this team with fans, and hopefully, being read by the athletic administration.
I am a Southern Miss fan and follow our baseball team closely. I watched all 3 games in Hattiesburg against the Herd this year. Your team played well. Got swept but Southern Miss had to fight hard for it. We all agreed at the time that your team showed a lot of grit and talent. I am surprised at the record. I don’t know what happened. The team I watched should have more W’s imo. Congratulations on the new stadium and good luck in the future.

Attended our first game at the Jack on Saturday.
Ballpark is beautiful. Great place to watch a game.
The person doing the music, A+++. Keeps the crowd into the game.
Crowd, Winning will bring folks out, but in was very sparse for a nice Saturday afternoon. Watched Sunday on ESPN+ and the crowd looked even smaller. Lots of folks upstairs though.
Tickets, went with the idea of purchasing $10 standing room only tickets. Guy offered us option of $15 or $20 assigned seats. Bought the $15 seats. I didn't think this was an option. I would suspect others don't as well. I thought they had to be purchased through seat geak?
Team lacks pitching. Other than 2 starters and one reliever, the rest are meh. And as has been mentioned, I was surprised seeing the low batting averages shown on the board when players came to bat. They hit well Saturday, but way to many hitting below .200........
Overall, great time. And HERD WINS!!

Last edited:
Attended our first game at the Jack on Saturday.
Ballpark is beautiful. Great place to watch a game.
The person doing the music, A+++. Keeps the crowd into the game.
Crowd, Winning will bring folks out, but in was very sparse for a nice Saturday afternoon. Watched Sunday on ESPN+ and the crowd looked even smaller. Lots of folks upstairs though.
Tickets, went with the idea of purchasing $10 standing room only tickets. Guy offered us option of $15 or $20 assigned seats. Bought the $15 seats. I didn't think this was an option. I would suspect others don't as well. I thought they had to be purchased through seat geak?
Team lacks pitching. Other than 2 starters and one reliever, the rest are meh. And as Rifle has mentioned, I was surprised seeing the batting averages shown on the board when players came to bat. They hit well Saturday, but way to many hitting below .200........
Overall, great time. And HERD WINS!!
I attended Saturday for the first time as well. It was great. The stadium is awesome and well done. They need to upgrade the concessions, and turn the PA volume down a few hundred decibels - hard for anyone to have a conversation. Great evening for baseball and looking forward to attending more games.

Did you ever think we would be a soccer school. One with a national championship?

And be honest.

I remember in the 80s there was talk of new football stadium. Being dumb short sighted college kids we laughed. Worried more that we would lose the Varsity when it was built.

Did you ever think you would see the day we would go to Notre Dame and win?

Again, be honest.
Not at all on the first but it's soccer and we honestly didn't give two shits about it until 2019. With football there's always upsets so yeah not out of the realm of possibility especially with our "history".

Not at all on the first but it's soccer and we honestly didn't give two shits about it until 2019. With football there's always upsets so yeah not out of the realm of possibility especially with our "history".
Your point about not giving two shits about soccer actually reinforces my point. People really haven’t been given two shits about baseball but it can turn around just like soccer

Your second point about giving our history, shows you missed my point
I was talking about the 80s before our football history started that you refer to.

When I was laughing about the idea of building a new football stadium, not understanding why again I was a dumb drunk college kid but look where we are now

Yes, upsets not the realm of possibility. Neither is developing a baseball program.

Your point about not giving two shits about soccer actually reinforces my point. People really haven’t been given two shits about baseball but it can turn around just like soccer

Your second point about giving our history, shows you missed my point
I was talking about the 80s before our football history started that you refer to.

When I was laughing about the idea of building a new football stadium, not understanding why again I was a dumb drunk college kid but look where we are now

Yes, upsets not the realm of possibility. Neither is developing a baseball program.

All it took for MU to win a NC in soccer was a good head coach who had won at the lower level, a new field, and players who fit his system.
MU baseball has the hardest part done, the stadium has been built.
I don't know the credentials of the HC, but let him have a season to break in the stadium and allow himself to really sell it to recruits.

Reactions: marshallsig
Marshall lost at JMU yesterday. They lost at JMU today. Thankfully, there are only five more games left in the season. They are on pace to have their worst three year stretch in over 25 years.

"That's proof that there is a higher power looking over Marshall."

Marshall lost at JMU yesterday. They lost at JMU today. Thankfully, there are only five more games left in the season. They are on pace to have their worst three year stretch in over 25 years.

Pointless post

Reactions: rvntx
All it took for MU to win a NC in soccer was a good head coach who had won at the lower level, a new field, and players who fit his system.
MU baseball has the hardest part done, the stadium has been built.
I don't know the credentials of the HC, but let him have a season to break in the stadium and allow himself to really sell it to recruits.
And a pandemic

Per the last D1 baseball projected NCAA tournament field. Marshall will have played 8 teams that are making the NCAA tournament with Troy who we did not play also in our conference making the tournament.

That’s 23 games against tournament teams in potentially a 5 bid league this year. Yes the hitting has to be better. pitching has been amazing. We have a great recruiting class coming in and I’m sure we will use the transfer portal. Yes we need work especially on the offensive side but let’s also act like we’re not in a damn though league and we’ve taken a significant leap this year with the new stadium compared to last year in the belt.

- Coastal (3 games)
- USM (3 games)
- Louisiana (3 games)
- JMU (3 games )
- Indiana State (2 games)
- Virginia Tech ( 2 games)
- WVU (3 games)
- College of Charleston ( 4 games)

Pointless post
This board is mostly centered around Marshall athletics. I realize that there are only about two active threads per day (active, not new threads), but that is due to actions of moderators and not due to a lack of things to discuss with Marshall athletics.

When a program is very good or very bad, it is noteworthy since this board is about Marshall athletics. Keeping track of how teams perform in games is relevant. It's why there have been multiple threads started about softball in the last few days, reporting both wins and losses. Why did you not make the same comment on those threads?

Per the last D1 baseball projected NCAA tournament field. Marshall will have played 8 teams that are making the NCAA tournament with Troy who we did not play also in our conference making the tournament.

That’s 23 games against tournament teams in potentially a 5 bid league this year.

There isn't a single Sun Belt school in the college baseball top 25 RPI. The Sun Belt has a bunch of good teams but no great teams. Compare that to what Marshall did when they didn't have a stadium and played top 25 teams frequently including Rice, Tulane, Southern Miss, ECU, Houston, FAU, etc.

We have a great recruiting class coming in
Source?

let’s also act like we’re not in a damn though league
I'm not sure that means what you think it does.

and we’ve taken a significant leap this year with the new stadium compared to last year in the belt.
And how did that "significant leap" do for us? One of the worst seasons in the last 25+ years and the worst three season stretch during that time.

. Yes the hitting has to be better.

That's the understatement of the year. There are 295 D1 teams. Marshall is 293rd in batting average. "Has to be better"? No. The lineup needs an enema.

pitching has been amazing.
I wish I were your child on report card days.

Out of 295 teams, Marshall's ERA is 130th. That's squarely average. "Amazing"? Just because Marshall has had the worst season of hitting in its history doesn't mean we should think other things that are average are amazing.

- Coastal (3 games) Yet to be played
- USM (3 games) 0-3
- Louisiana (3 games) 0-3
- JMU (3 games ) 0-2
- Indiana State (2 games) 0-2
- Virginia Tech ( 2 games) 0-1
- WVU (3 games) 1-2
- College of Charleston ( 4 games) 0-4

Against teams that may possibly make the tournament, Marshall is 1-17 so far with four more games to go.
Against teams that probably won't make the tournament, Marshall is 15-17. So even when they play average or bad teams, they still have a losing record.

That’s 23 games against tournament teams

Your math is wrong. Marshall only played Virginia Tech once. Thank the god that All-Hat-No-Cattle Spears claims watches over Marshall athletics for not making the Herd play Tech twice.

This board is mostly centered around Marshall athletics. I realize that there are only about two active threads per day (active, not new threads), but that is due to actions of moderators and not due to a lack of things to discuss with Marshall athletics.

When a program is very good or very bad, it is noteworthy since this board is about Marshall athletics. Keeping track of how teams perform in games is relevant. It's why there have been multiple threads started about softball in the last few days, reporting both wins and losses. Why did you not make the same comment on those threads?

The last comment of the post I was referring to was pointless

I get that you are mad at pretty much everything Marshall related when it comes to baseball and our AD for some reason

It really doesn’t matter what words were used in the moment but the first pitch to a Marshall player in the new stadium was a crazy special moment. I don’t care what you believe in or don’t believe in. But Spears remark was perfectly acceptable and for many, justified.

Deal with it. The way you come at people, and then act almost offended by things such as that I makes no sense.

I didn't claim it was THE reason we won but it absolutely was a factor
Okay, was just asking haha.

A factor.. possibly - that's definitely subjective. I've seen a lot of chatter over the years that it was the only reason we won and should have an "asterisk", which I wholeheartedly do not agree with.

At the end of the day we will never know how we would have fared if it was under normal circumstances. we did what we could with what we had, and that's all that matters in my opinion

I don't think so. Marshall should be hiring leaders who are wise enough and educated enough to know to avoid making those type of comments when acting in their role at a public institution. Beyond that, claiming that a home run in a meaningless early season baseball game is proof that there is a higher power looking over Marshall athletics is just foolish.

If a Marshall leader can't even realize not to say that those types of things, imagine what else that person doesn't know.

I get that you are mad at pretty much everything Marshall related when it comes to baseball and our AD for some reason
Not at all. I have nothing against Spears and know nothing about him other than that comment and the poster on here who says he is all-hat-no-cattle. I'm not "mad" at Marshall baseball. I am disappointed in their results over the past three seasons, especially this year when they had the ability to recruit to it last season as well as their lack of baseball intelligence.

But Spears remark was perfectly acceptable and for many, justified.

It wasn't acceptable at all. And the fact that some people believe that is the issue.

Marshall is 1-21 on the road. Let me guess: you want to talk about that one win only?

I don't think so. Marshall should be hiring leaders who are wise enough and educated enough to know to avoid making those type of comments when acting in their role at a public institution. Beyond that, claiming that a home run in a meaningless early season baseball game is proof that there is a higher power looking over Marshall athletics is just foolish.

If a Marshall leader can't even realize not to say that those types of things, imagine what else that person doesn't know.

Not at all. I have nothing against Spears and know nothing about him other than that comment and the poster on here who says he is all-hat-no-cattle. I'm not "mad" at Marshall baseball. I am disappointed in their results over the past three seasons, especially this year when they had the ability to recruit to it last season as well as their lack of baseball intelligence.

It wasn't acceptable at all. And the fact that some people believe that is the issue.

Marshall is 1-21 on the road. Let me guess: you want to talk about that one win only?

It’s acceptable because it was his opinion, it wasn’t offensive, and it hurt literally no one… except apparently you. Somehow. Not really sure how.

It’s acceptable because it was his opinion, it wasn’t offensive, and it hurt literally no one… except apparently you. Somehow. Not really sure how.
It wasn’t offensive to me nor was it hurtful to me. It’s inappropriate for a person in his role to say and can open him up to future issues.

If he saw a woman with a rack in the crowd that the camera spotted, it may be his opinion that she has great tits, and it wouldn’t offend or hurt me if he commented on it, but it still would be inappropriate for him to say.

Public employees, in acting as their roles, should not make those comments.

Marshall wins! It was their first win on the road in the last 46 days. They are now 2-21 on the road.

I am disappointed in their results over the past three seasons, especially this year when they had the ability to recruit to it last season as well as their lack of baseball intelligence.
Wanted to clarify that the earliest the new facilities would have helped with recruiting is for the incoming freshmen class this fall of 2024. The freshmen in this current team was recruited in the fall of 2022 before the new facilities was announced, and before Coach Beals was hired. If there's any impact to recruiting, it could have been on the transfer portal during summer of 2023. Even then, facilities is still in work, all Coach Beals has to show are the drawings and plans, and by summer of 2023, most of the really good players in the transfer portal were already snapped up. I don't think it's fair to expect any recruiting improvement due to facilities improvement at this point. Next 3 years would be fair.

Reactions: rvntx and Elkview
How was it a factor? All the teams participated? We played a rugged tourney schedule. Swear to God, Marshall fans ****ing bitch about everything. Whatever.
It's '429. He tries to be a contrarian about everything.

The fact is, I attended almost all the games here in Cary during that final 2 weeks. You couldn't tell me UNC, Indiana, Georgtown, etc were playing any different because it was a "pandemic". We beat the big boys of college soccer that year, straight up.

It's '429. He tries to be a contrarian about everything.

The fact is, I attended almost all the games here in Cary during that final 2 weeks. You couldn't tell me UNC, Indiana, Georgtown, etc were playing any different because it was a "pandemic". We beat the big boys of college soccer that year, straight up.
Exactly. Every team was in the same boat. The best team won.

Reactions: Elkview and 19MU88
Exactly. Every team was in the same boat. The best team won.
I don't believe that there should be an asterisk beside our natty at all. We took on the best, and did what we could with what we had. I had always heard the "loss of players to the MLS due to the Spring" and a part of me has always wondered.. what if?

Well, I did some research for the first time and I no longer think "what if..?".

These are only MLS players that were on those teams, this doesn't include players that went the USL route.

Fordham: They didn't have any players drafted but they were a well oiled machine of a team that was unbeaten - that was a very impressive win.

Georgetown: Yes, they lost some starters to the MLS. But, they had three MLS picks on that team we faced. This is honestly the match I had the "what if..?"

Clemson: This team lost a couple players, but the team we faced was fvcking loaded. These last two Clemson natty teams had a lot of the same players we faced. I truly believe that if we didn't upset them they'd probably be celebrating a three-peat right now. That squad had seven players drafted.

UNC: They had two MLS picks on that squad. They didn't lose much, but like Fordham they are just a well oiled machine.

Indiana: They didn't lose too much either, and that squad had five MLS picks on it,

Long story short, we went up against some insane teams in that stretch. We earned that natty, and there shouldn't be any question about it.

It really doesn’t matter what words were used in the moment but the first pitch to a Marshall player in the new stadium was a crazy special moment. I don’t care what you believe in or don’t believe in. But Spears remark was perfectly acceptable and for many, justified.

Deal with it. The way you come at people, and then act almost offended by things such as that I makes no sense.
You are correct. Pretty much everything the almighty rifle says makes no sense. He writes 20 lines or more when 2 would be plenty. For some reason he's got a _____ up his ______ for anything Marshall related.

Reactions: rvntx and 19MU88
You are correct. Pretty much everything the almighty rifle says makes no sense. He writes 20 lines or more when 2 would be plenty.
7 of your last 11 posts have been about me. I called you out on that months ago when it was an even higher percentage. Other posters have called you out on it recently on another board. Control your obsession or stop posting.

For some reason he's got a _____ up his ______ for anything Marshall related.
Your obsession also fantasizes about me being naked.

I always enjoy threads where people post facts and verifiable statistics, and Perkins comes back with brilliant quips like "pointless post." lol

Marshall baseball is not good... I think 99 percent of us realize that... We have two good pitchers that log quality innings and give the team a chance. The rest of our pitching is mediocre... We are historically awful at the plate and we tend to make Little League mistakes on a regular basis (base running, throwing the ball to the wrong base, etc).

The new stadium is awesome, hopefully it helps us recruit over the next few years so we can at least be above average in our league, not 9-18/17-34.

7 of your last 11 posts have been about me. I called you out on that months ago when it was an even higher percentage. Other posters have called you out on it recently on another board. Control your obsession or stop posting.

Your obsession also fantasizes about me being naked.
Lighten up rifle. You're just too easy to get riled up.

For the "Know Nots" and the "Know Nothings", Marshall DID have another game scheduled with VA Tech this season. Was a mid-week affair that was rained out, IIRC. Hard for teams to reschedule those games, Tues or more likely Weds affairs, as Thurs is a travel day when a school is going to play on the road over the weekend of said week. Unless MU and Tech BOTH had the same open mid-week dates remaining on their schedules, then little else left to do but cancel the game.

For the "Know Nots" and the "Know Nothings", Marshall DID have another game scheduled with VA Tech this season. Was a mid-week affair that was rained out, IIRC. Hard for teams to reschedule those games, Tues or more likely Weds affairs, as Thurs is a travel day when a school is going to play on the road over the weekend of said week. Unless MU and Tech BOTH had the same open mid-week dates remaining on their schedules, then little else left to do but cancel the game.
Yeah, as I said, it was the intervention of the god who All-Hat-No-Cattle says watches over Marshall baseball that did that.

Marshall had as many errors as they had hits. At least they have shown improvement: They were allowed to play eight innings today before being ten-runned instead of the usual seven innings they get to play after having the mercy rule applied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT